Seeker duel

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Nov 5, 2011.

?

Who would win a seeker duel

1. Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp

36 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. depends on which tactics are used when and where

7 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. (in jet mode, Blitzwing is sort of a seeker mode. I'll choose him because he's my favorite)

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In my mind it's 1985; Ramjet and Thrust are more intelligent than Sky and Thunder and Dirge could manipulate fear to overcome Star.

Skywarp's teleportation technique would be perfect... as long as he actually had that 9 intelligence on his tech-spec.
    Afraid he's not too bright to use it effectively.

Besides, the '84 wings are too basic. '85ers make Meg's comment look like they "are the most powerful jets in the galaxy."

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Original Trio.

3. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Well the only remotely compotent of the conheads is Dirge while the original trio had Thundercracker and Starscream

4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    The first three seem to be the most effective and intelligent of the seekers.

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does the duel occur near a staircase?

6. cuters

cuters Diabolist

lmfao way to funny

7. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    No, if Sky's tech-specs are corrected, only Starscream was the most intelligent. I believe it was:

Starscream = 9
    Thundercracker = 4
    Skywarp = 2
    Dirge = 8
    Ramjet = 5
    Thrust = 6

[​IMG]
    Intelligence of 9, yet "not to smart."​

[​IMG]
    What was the story about Star's intelligence really being 9 and not 7? I thought Uncle Gears told the story once.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  8. crazedjustice88

crazedjustice88 Member

I would have to say the original three. If Starscream is as smart as he says and his bio stated (corrected) then he could be a wonderful leader and definitely make use of skywarps teleportation and thundercrackers speaker power...or whatever it is.

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Where are you getting those stats from? :confused: 

You're getting things mixed up. The Seeker stats aren't individually messed up... they're just rotated. I already explained this in your other thread.

Starscream's real stats = Skywarp's
    Skywarp's real stats = Thundercracker's
    Thundercracker's real stats = Starscream's... which means that Thundercracker actually has 7 Intelligence, and is smarter than Thrust or Ramjet. Of the original trio, only Skywarp is on the dumb side.

Also worth pointing out... all three originals have high courage (8, 8, 9) so they have a good chance of resisting any psych tactics from Dirge or Thrust... so if they put up a good fight, there's a good chance the Coneheads will retreat (except Ramjet, who is kind of a psycho).

In general, the original trio are braver, smarter, more skilled, and have slightly better endurance. They also have a teleporter, a null ray, and Thundercracker's sonic booms... all under the guidance of Starscream's tactical expertise.

The Coneheads have an edge in physical strength (Thrust and Ramjet are thugs), and in a straightaway, they are a bit faster (Ramjet is as fast as Starscream, and Thrust can boost his speed temporarily to be faster than any of them). Presumably Thrust has the added advantage of being VTOL capable, though I'm not sure how relevant that is when they can all fly (and hover) in bot mode anyway.

I unhesitatingly give it to Starscream's crew... it would be a decent fight, undoubtedly a LOUD fight (Thrust, Dirge and Thundercracker all in one dogfight?)... but I don't think the Coneheads have the skill, the leadership, or the staying power to take victory here.

zmog

10. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    How about the duo of Starscream and Skyfire (pre autobot)?

The tactical air commander w/ the scientific genius of Jetfire.

11. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    Do you think with proper technique, Skyfire could take out all Seekers at one time, including Blitzwing?

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Wait, what? Since when was Thundercrackers stats not his? I've known for some time about the switchup with Starscream and Skywarp, but this is the first I've ever heard of TC being in the mix.

13. SMOG

Depends on what version of Skyfire/Jetfire it is. Cartoon Skyfire was JUST a scientist. He was big, but not much good for anything else. If you go by Marvel or the original tech specs, Jetfire was designed to be the ultimate Decepticon air warrior, and has a wild, bold streak in combat.

However, if you look just at the stats, Jetfire has some drawbacks. Because he has a lot of technical glitches, he has a low Endurance. His strength is actually lower than any of the Seekers. He carries a lot of cool weapons, is extremely skilled, and is WAY faster than the other guys. I think he might be a match for any of the Seekers, or maybe even two... but I don't think he has enough of an edge to take them all. If he was teamed with Starscream... maybe?

It's been discussed on several occasions... the contrast between Skywarp and Starscream is most obvious, but the general consensus is that actually the 3 Seekers Tech Spec graphs were all swapped between them.

It's easy to figure out though... the set with the highest Rank, Skill, Speed, Intelligence is obviously Starscream's. The set with the low intelligence is clearly Skywarp's (because he's the only one whose stupidity is specifically mentioned). The one that's left over is Thundercracker.

As I recall, Thundercracker and Skywarp are statistically identical except for their intelligence, so it really doesn't change anything. Thundercracker is just not an idiot, is all... which makes some sense considering his questioning, conscientious side. He's not such a dumb thug, even though he goes along with the others... he still has his doubts, which suggests a bit more intelligence. More than Skywarp at least. :) 

zmog

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Wiiingkuh-ross !

15. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    Dark Skyfire & Starscream eliminate the competition!

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Honestly, I think that the OG Seekers probably have their teamwork down to more of an extent than the Coneheads. No contest, here.

17. SMOG

Yeah... I think that overall, there is a certain bias towards the original trio... for some reason they seem more "oldschool" and serious than the Coneheads (who were introduced just the next year, but somehow will always feel like latecomers).

However, I'm down with that. Elite oldschool Seekers all the way.

I mean seriously. They gave the dudes CONEHEADS, and then expected the fandom to respect them?? Good luck! :lol 

zmog

18. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think it would all depend on who is on which side.