See it in 3D OR See it in 2D - Opinion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by RebelMan, Jun 17, 2011.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    since "Green Lantern" came out today, "DOTM" coming out soon, & "Cap" coming out next month i figured it would be best to have one of these threads for all films that will available to be seen in either way & which is version is worth seeing more or if seeing it either way doesn't really affect the movie/film at all by example of "TRON: Legacy" for such.

please speak your minds & if you fill the need to focus on specific scenes(up-converted 3D scenes or specifically shot in 3D scenes) make sure to use spoiler tags if the movie/film was recently released or still currently playing in the theaters.

2. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

I not bothered by why watching 3D or 2D. But I only become annoyed when im limited to one of the two options. However I do plan on seeing Transformers in 3D while Lantern and Cap depends on how I feel at the time or what options I have.

I worked in the 3D gaming industry for about 5 years and seen how it can enhance the game while also sometimes it felt more like a gimmick. I am an avid supporter of 3D technology but once again I dont like to limit my options of how to view my entertainment.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well for me it will be all 2d, i have a theater near by, that's only 5 dollars per person. lol i can see the movie for 5 dollars, or i can see it for almost 20.

i can BUY the damn movie in 4 months for 20 *on dvd* why would i pay that much to see it all fancy and 3d? sounds like a big waste of money.

4. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I personally don't care for 3D. I saw 2 movies in 3D, both actually annoyed me more than entertained me. My intentions are to see DOTM in 2D, I don't know how much desire I have to even see it in 3D after the fact. I know I am gonna see GL and Cap in 2D if at all possible.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I largely prefer 2D.

6. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I think I will watch dotm in 2d because I don't know if I can handle 3d.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    2D, because the glasses are a pain in the ass.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless the movie's actually filmed in 3D, there's no point. Saw Thor in 3D, as my only experience with the post-processed 3D and it was... worthless. Didn't really have problems getting adjusted to the glasses or anything. It's just that there was no point in the 3D. There was no spectacle to it. It was just ... there. Nothing like Avatar, where the added depth throughout the whole movie gave it a very tangible, surreal feeling. Here, the backgrounds were on a separate cut-out layer from the actors... uh, whoo?

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    For DOTM, it's gotta be 3D.

This is a big deal for me.

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    2d for me. I have no real interest in 3d. It just seems gimmicky. I also don't want to pay the price increase for the privilege of wearing glasses for 2hrs.

11. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do 2D. I have an eye problem with my right eye, and do not see 3D properly most times.

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably going to watch a movie in 2D 9 times out of 10. I'll go for the 3D if I think it will add to the movie experience. It's not worth the extra cost if it doesn't. I don't have a lot of experience with 3D movies as the only one I've seen (at least "modern" 3D movies) was Tron Legacy. I've seen a few older 3D "movies" like Captain EO at Disney World and some other Muppets movie there but it has been a while. The 3D in Tron Legacy was cool but it didn't knock my socks off either (of course I don't really have anything to compare it to). From what has been said about DOTM I will definitely be seeing that in 3D. The fact that I'm super excited for the movie anyway makes a difference too. If it was just a movie that I thought looked "kinda cool" or "just okay" I probably wouldn't bother with 3D (or seeing it in the theater at all for that matter!)

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i'll see DOTM in 3D once just to check it out. but all in all im not a big 3D fan

most of the time it sucks and all of the time the glasses seem to dull down and drown out all the pretty stuff in the movies. they always look dark and desaturated with the darn glasses on that you miss a lot of the awesome vibrant colors and FX

IMO

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Unless the movie was shot specifically for the concept, and makes actual use of it, then it's pointless to see a 3D movie. I've seen 2 - Avatar and Tron Legacy. Avatar was amazing, never seen anything like it. TL didn't do hardly anything with the 3D.

Here's hoping DOTM captures that Avatar magic.

15. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I must see DOTM in 3D, anything else, don't really care, maybe harry potter 7 part 2.

16. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2-D only for me. Mainly because I can't wear the glasses with my eyeglasses but, even if I could, I still wouldn't be willing to pay the increased ticket price.

17. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    I am 2D all the way, but I am going to make an exception for DOTM, just to see if it lives up to the hype of "best 3D yet".

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I prefer 2D and hate that 3D takes the prime matinee slots away.

Avater has been the only 3D movie worth seeing so far.

Was a waste on Tron,Toy Story,Resident Evil,Thor and others.

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I hate 3D, it gives me very bad headaches... though I will be seeing DOTM in IMAX3D, because, well... midnight showing and all :p 

I saw Pirates 4 in IMAX3D because I promised a friend I would...

Other than that, I will always see movies in 2D. However, I do now have a pair of 2D glasses, so my friends who LIKE 3D don't have to exclude me. Though I need to modify the 2D glasses to fit over my fat head, and current pair of glasses.

20. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love IMAX 3D, plus, the price for an IMAX ticket is only $10 here, is that cheaper than normal?