sector 7 update April 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by dg16443, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

As anyone whose seen my posts, I pretty much hate the current movie designs. However, as cool as the video was, seeing a giant G1 accurate Grimlock would look silly in a live action movie.

If they were going to make him a Dinosaur, at least make him look like one, not a giant toy.

I don't know how much of a disguise a real looking Dino would be in 2007-09, so that might not even be a good idea.

Screw it, make him some sort of vehicle. That makes a hell of alot more sense.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The acting reminded me of stuff that used to be in those old Sega CD games

Sewer Shark ftw!

Actually making him a giant robot dinosaur, using the comic origin that he came to this planet millions of years ago and dinosaurs were the only thing large enough to scan for a suitable alt mode, would make him a very interesting character. These bots are already rampaging through crowded city streets so there doesn't have to be 100% discretion. And having a giant Grimlock tearing up both Decepticon and Autobot alike would make for one kick ass conflict. Or at least IMO.

3. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I agree with you there. Making him look like real dinosaur and having him tear up the streets would be awesome, but again, kind of hard to call a dinosaur in 2007-09 a disguise. Kind of like keeping Soundwave as a tape deck would have made little sense. I would be completely okay if they turned Grimlock (if they were to even use him) into some sort of Military vehicle, or even regular vehicle. Dinosaur really cool, but any vehicle, would be just as cool.

Maybe he could double as the Raptors mascot? No one would ever suspect!!

I'm just pointing out that some of us who hate the designs didn't want G1 toys realized in 3D on the big screen. I mean, if it isn't obvious that would have looked silly in a live action flick, then I don't know what is.

And yes, Sewer Shark FTW!