Sector 7 In Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they can bring some context to Bumblebee peeing on Simmons in the first movie, I will let go of my ten-year grudge against that scene. For real.

Sad but true. People will forgive bad movies as long as they're fun and entertaining, look no further than ROTF for proof of that. But there's no such thing as a "good" Transformers movie that will have mass appeal. A likable human protagonist that the audience can connect with is essential.

• Like Like x 2
  2. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

I really hope this isn't the main threat of the film. Nothing more boring than a "misunderstanding" conflict between relatively 2 good factions.

There has to be at least one Decepticon/Cybertronian villain imo.

3. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Bay and co are still around Producing. So its no surprise they bring in some sort of military aspect towards BB MOVIE...

4. Jumacas

Jumacas Well-Known Member

The money = quality argument again... Lil Wayne makes a ton of money. He must be a talented, hard working musician. How about now that TLK made half the money the others did? Oh yes, something wrong with the marketing, or the weather.

Here's another hint: What do normal people think of Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, Planet of the Apes and every other absurd concept? If people can be emotionally invested in talking apes, or a talking racoon, then there is no excuse for what we have been getting with Bayformers.

They mostly fart and pee. You are cherry-picking to find little semiances of humanity, but there isn't any. Bumblebee is a mute puppy-minded jock with short temper. And that's the closest thing anything in the movies has that resembles something close to "emotion". None of the examples qualify as characterization, and even worse in the context of the movies themselves when any of these might be contradicted in the next minute for the sake of an action scene. Making any sense, is out of the question. Let's not even try. I get enjoying them for the spectacle and the loud noises, but it's absurd to claim that one of their attributes is good or even serviceable character development, or actual emotion.

Oh really? What about the Gobots then? Those are doing well. You seem to think low of Transformers. Maybe if the movies were any good, you wouldn't. A good adaptation enhances the quality of the original. That is why the equally, or even more flawed and silly golden era of Marvel/DC comics is thought of now as, well, a golden era. It created something authentic, genuine and with a beating heart. Subsequent media built upon its legacy. Hasbro and especially Bayformers on the other hand, amplified everything silly about the original Transformers and taken a royal dump on it, with absolute disregard of anything that made it work.

Science fiction fans, comic book fans, fantasy fans are always going to be a little out there. Was that a problem for Marvel? Or Star Wars? Or Star Trek? Or Planet of the Apes? Or Lord of the Rings? Or original sci-fi and fantasy movies? Normal people just want to see good movies. Storytelling will always be one of the pillars of human culture and humanity itself. And the concept of Transformers has limitless potential for that.

Yes, someone, sometime kinda watched some G1, but I get the feeling, 10 years now, that he was not a fan of it.

There are always going to be differences from medium to medium. But Marvel movies understand their source material and embrace it. And we have yet to see the Vision's testicles. Or Aunt May pee. Or Thor fart. Marvel is far behind Hasbro in that aspect.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    Its probably gonna be more of an ET retread, which was kinda one of the TF1 plot threads, what with Bee getting captured an'all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Without wading into yours and GTross' greater debate, I will say MCU Thor is great example of giving a character a comedic element, without damaging or disrespecting the character in any way. Regardless of what you think of Thor movies, Thor the character is perfectly cast and played. I wish we had a Movie TF like Thor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jumacas

Me too....

• Like Like x 1
  9. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

BAY: UHHH YEAH SO I THINK WE NEED SOME WAY TO TIE YOUR BUMBLERBEEZ MOVIE TO THE FIRST TRANSFORMERS MOVIE I MADE

KNIGHT: B-but I thought we were going to go for a small close to home story, heartfelt, self contained ... isn't that why you hired me?

BAY: *long coke snort* YEAH UHHH SO AS I WAS SAYING WE'RE GOING TO FIND A WAY TO TIE YOUR BUMBLERBEEZ MOVIE TO THE FIRST TRANSFORMERS MOVIE I MADE

KNIGHT: B-but the script says...

BAY: HELICOPTER!

• Like Like x 2
  10. figsdad

News Credits:
    Cue massive Explosion ;) 

11. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    I can't believe that's true. Maybe it's my own bias, but how can you say that when the current movies have barely tried?

I do get your point here, but i sincerely believe that there's more cave to mine with live action transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    in slow mo

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jumacas

Not true at all. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Meanwhile, Marvel, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars and other similar out there concepts are doing fine and truly connecting with people in an emotional and, why not, sometimes an intellectual level. You don't have to dumb Transformers down to make it connect. We have not have had an alternative to compare in live action, but, you can draw comparisons with the franchises I mentioned. If a talking racoon or an ape can bring people to tears, why is that pathetic excuse for Bayformers dumping on the actual Transformers characters still a thing that is being discussed? What connects with people is humanity. Not just having humans around to scream, run from explosions and joke about rape. Or get peed on.

What appealed to many of us, before the movies, was the humanity in the transformers themselves. But that is not to say I am against featuring human characters in Transformers movies. But everyone has to be an actual character! Neither humans, nor transformers possess anything close to resembling a soul in these movies!

ROTF is one of the worst big budget productions ever made. Period. It made the mountains of money that it did, on a promise that wasn't fulfilled. That of using the first movie as a stepping stone, to build upon the actual Transformers. And also, the novelty of the visuals, which were a new thing at the time. It's an almost 3 hour movie, produced with a script treatment! Not even a script! It's literally a bunch of random scenes, put together in post production in a way that would sort of resemble a three act structure. And we know this for a fact!!!

If Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Lord of the Rings can connect with the masses without dumbing down their source material to the absolute nadir that Bayformers has, then there is no excuse. This keeps going the way it does, only because we allow it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. figsdad

News Credits:
    I know its got nothing to do with Transformers but ive seen It.... remake and the story revolves around Pennywise and the kids and so far its kicked Most films arses so far in terms of Money and its a reboot.

Just proves if you make a film around the main person or Transformer or Formers and have good story and dont have anything like more humans and army it will make money...

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what Marvel, Planet of the Apes, Star Wars and other similar out there concepts all have in common?

They all star people.

I get the sense your vision of a "good" Transformers movie doesn't star people. Certainly most detractors here think there's too much focus on humans in these movies. But general audiences can't connect with an inhuman, unreal character that exists in an otherwise realistic setting. To be acceptable, the entire setting must be similarly unrealistic, e.g., a cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

I would argue that Star Trek absolutely has been dumbed down in it's current movie reboot universe and that Star Wars and Marvel weren't towers of intellect in the first place. Star Wars is selling nostalgia, Force Awakens was a blatant retread of episode 4. None of the characters in Rogue One even had an arc, much less a "soul" as you say. And Apes is successful more for it's action, I would be willing to bet if they spent the whole movie talking to apes in a room it wouldn't be as big a film as it is.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, that's good news! I finally start to be excited!!!:D  I like S7 comics, Simmons' family backstory, Jetfire at WWII and so on! Now say me that Bumblebee will really play a major role and find a normal car in the mid of the film:D 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jumacas

Planet. Of. The. Apes. in the last one, there were, like 2-3 people characters (beside the extras) and all the main cast was apes. And it was amazing. Actually, in many many aspects, Planet of the Apes, showcases a lot of what Transformers storytelling has been at its best, throughout the years. Many many similarities. As I was watching, I kept thinking "Couldn't this have been Transformers? Couldn't my favourite franchise receive this exact treatment?". It blows most of the excuses for Bayformers right out of the water, constantly.

But, I should also clarify. Personally, I am very very welcome to human characters in Transformers. There are many things to be explored with human interaction with a race of alien, transforming sentient robots. How about we saw aliens through human perspective, and then humanity through the eyes of these visitors, that are also, actual people? That is one of the most compelling, human premises there could be. There is infinite potential there. What we are getting is inexcusable.

• Like Like x 3
  19. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    No! Well.. yes, but no. Transformers are machines that can think and feel. They can also talk and emote. No, audiences can connect with a non human. Can you sit through GOTG 1 or 2 without giving two fucks about Rocket? Do you want Johnny 5 disassembled no reassembled?!

Get out the box, and put some faith in the GP, members of which we all are!

Transformers behave with all the emotional range of humans, with the added awesome of being giant robots that turn into Porches, Strike Eagles, Dinosaurs and big fucking guns! Give that subject matter to the right production team, and they'll make a movie as cool and emotional as we here all know Transformers are.

Liking the movies is A okay. But don't let your tolerance for them interfere with the reason you love the brand.

Don't lie to yourselves.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.