Sector 7 at Sunset and Vine - Contains Spoilers! Beware!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rufus Prime, May 10, 2007.

1. Rufus Prime

Rufus Prime The Toy Maker

I was on the boards a few days ago and learned of the promotion that was going down at the Transformers Banner building on Vine. I wondered if it would be worth it to wake up early and see what this was all about.

I wasn't sure what the respons would be, would it be packed early in the morning because we were all able to hear about this through the wonder that is TFW.com?
    Or would no one come thinking that it is a cheep stunt and not really worth the time. I decided to get there early, figuring I could go home if there was no one there since I have a friend close by.

When I got there at four though, there were a few die hard fans waiting for whatever "it" was going to be.

A few hours, a wrist band and writing down some info, and I was ready to enter the mobile Sector 7 unit. They shuffled us into a trailer that contained a few Sector 7 agents, many different communication devices, what looked like some SWAT gear, and large monitors showing the logo for the agency. Two agents began to let us know that any rumors we had heard about NBE's ( Non-Biological Entities) were false and that there was nothing more we needed to worry about. In the middle of the this another agent tuned in on the big screens saying that they had just recived an urgent transmision from survivers of the base attack That we were already familier with from the trailer.

The two agents began to panic and tried to cut off the call, but the agent on the screen uploaded the data anyway.

------Spoiler Alert---------

And there it was, soldiers scouting the desserts after thier base had been demolished. As they were walking Scopinok bursts out of the ground and Impailes one of the soldiers with his tail, wipes him into the air and drags him underground. The rest of the Unit run to find cover in a small villige near by. A call is made to the pentagon for air support and that battle it out with this amazeing creature until help arrives.

The whole "transmission" was about 7 to 10 minutes and was... so... freakin'... sweetl

Scorp looked incredible, from the 4 missles he would shoot out of his pincers at once, to his battle mask that would cover his face when ever return fire got too close to anything vital, to the acrobatics of jumping around rubble to ruturn fire. Some of the footage was still unfinished, but a good amount was.

And with that it was all over... I did not leave empty handed though.

I was part of the first 50 so I recived a voucher to see an up coming screening (which could be anytime between now and June they said, no one was sure), a small movie poster, and protoform figure.

All and all it was cool. Really excited to see the movie, whenever this screening may be, and I hope I wasn't the only one that got to see the goods today.

SEE YA!!!!

2. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Sounds brutally awesome! That scene.. Did it look more "Rated R" or more "PG-13"? Sounds pretty intense..
    GAH!! Less than 2 months!! C'MON, JULY!

3. Iceberg

Iceberg Member

that sounds awesome, i love how they can promote it like that

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    dammit when are they going to have something like that in london

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Thank God atleast one human dies a senseless death.

I was afraid this would be too kiddy!

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    1 month for me muhahahahahaha since hasbro having this charatiy thing in RI mall *EDIT*
    Providence mall not gay ass RI mall that mall sucks though I did find a G1 tf I can rember the name Its sunstreaker's bro

7. DaRolla

DaRolla Active Member

i wanted to go to this, but unfortunautly, i crashed my car, and wont be getting it back til next week. by the way, what was the toy?

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    That's awesome!

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    So he either got Proto-Prime or Starscream.

10. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

woah, i never expected that,well, i did, but not that brutal!
    btw, did you saw any blood? (just wondering)

11. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

woah, i didnt expect something like that, well, i did, but that brutal!
    btw, did you saw any blood? (just wanna know)

12. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Man, they are really carrying the Sector 7 viral marketing to another level with this. Wish I was there, sounds hella fun (in a Disney ride way).

BTW how many people were there total?

13. Rufus Prime

Rufus Prime The Toy Maker

I got the proto Prime, then went out and got starscream at TRU :) 

As far as the dead soldier? No blood that I could see. But forget not these things

1. Not all the effects were done
    2. It was very fast (but still readable)
    and
    3. There was sand everywhere, so It would have been hard to see anyway.

Either way you look at it, this film will not be babied, which is nice. I can't wait to go to the screening though. I hope to find out soon when and where, and I migh just post a review... but I am not sure yet, cause I really don't want to ruin it for anyone. But from what I saw today... I will plan to be very pleased.

To answer turk's Q... maybe a couple hundred. Exit was away from the line, and I was in front, so I really couldn't tell.

14. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder if Sector Seven's crew will be in RI this coming summer? (say around a certain show)

15. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    If it is a cetain showing its probly the one june 28th one with the donatian

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Sideswipe! My g/f is in school up there right now, because she had to move back home to Mass. because out of state tuition is too expensive for her in Ga. Anyways...my point is, she is coming down here at the end of june and will be here through july and will be seeing the movie with me. Anyways, the other day she told me about this and mentioned how she wished I was coming up there due to that fact, because she would have surprised me with it. That would have been AWESOME...I bet they're giving away goodie bags or something like that with Leader Class Prime or something. Maybe not, but that would be awesome....anybody that goes to this please let us know how it goes.

17. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I wonder how long before this ends up on youtube?

18. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Sector 7 would not allow that.

19. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Agent X might do just to spite them ;) 

20. Ironhide2005

News Credits:
    I hope Leader Prime is in there with some other toys now that be so cool