Sector 7 #2

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Beastbot X, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought this comic was decent, albeit not as good as the first one. Some parts were honestly confusing, and I think they screwed up who was Simmons and who was Wells again-- unless my notions of who was who were messed up in #1 in the first place.

I also find it REALLY hard to believe there's a Transformer-sized underground tunnel going all the way from the Arctic to Nevada for some reason.

The Simmons family troubles put an interesting spin on things, though, and the story told about how they find out about the TF-making properties of the Allspark is pretty interesting. I do think Barber is starting to rely a bit too much on the "Notes" page at the end of the comic to explain everything, though-- it's nice for fleshing out the story and certain historical events to help clarify certain things mentioned in passing, but I'm starting to NEED the "Notes" page to make complete sense of the comic... which I shouldn't.

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm generally not one for human-centric TF stories but I gave this a couple of issues to pull me in. Which it hasn't. So it's been dropped from my comics order. Might've been worth keeping if the artwork was interesting, but it's just been too simplistic and boring. Hardly any backgrounds and too many instances of 'dull surprise' faces.
    Might read a review for the next issue in case it actually sounds like it's got interesting, but I'm thinking my cash will likely just be staying in my pocket.

3. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I'm with you on this one. The first issue was nice because it brought a new perspective to the TF Movieverse. The problem is that after the second issue, it's no longer new and feels almost boring. I think I'll wait to see what the reviews for #3 are like before I make a decision on whether or not I'll pick it up.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I preferred issue #1 but this issue wasn't bad. I'm glad Barber continues with his "field notes" at the end of each issue, and based on both the issue & the solicits I expect Jetfire to be a recurring character throughout the series.

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i agree, not as good as the first, but certainly not bad. looking forward to some more action with the car bot that escaped.

the broken family thing is odd for a TF comic, but I kinda dig it.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd imagine the eventual result of this will be an explanation of why Seymour Simmons is so weird.

7. UltraMagnus3786

I wondered about that as well. The way it comes across in the comic though is just so... dark. Can't really describe it, and the art oddly does it justice.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    So, Walter Simmons has a daughter, but no son. How the heck does his great grandson Seymour have the same surname?

9. UltraMagnus3786

Joseph taps it that night no doubt, and then they give the son Simmons' surname.

10. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'd love to call the skinny guy Simmons instead of Theodore Wells. I mean, in the first issue he even said "Captain Archibald Wikety". That's Seymour Simmons' trademark addressing of Witwicky Surname.

My hopes for Transformers: Sector 7 came crashing down because of so so so many continuity errors.

Never-the-less, it's still a good read. There's this "Wow Factor" when we suddenly realize a certain actual event in the history occurred due to a N.B.E incident.

Tales of the Fallen established Jetfire's history. And it made sense how he gotten the SR-71 Blackbird alt mode. This just not tally with that. Still, glad to see the way Sector 7 explains how Jetfire actually got to know of the War between Autobots and Decepticons. That's a plus point.

I can't see where the comic series is heading. I have a good theory that this somehow is going to end with the Space Race (1957–1975). After all, the intro of Sector 7 says that this will lead to the events of Transformers: Dark Of The Moon.

Let's see how the story unfolds.