Secret Invasion - Who do you expect to be a Skrull? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Jan 12, 2008.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm sure Grant's written some good stories, but all I can really judge is his horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE "New X-Men" run.

Hey, Magneto's back! He's Xorn! No wait, he's Magneto! Nah, just kiddding, he's really Xorn! Ha! We got you good there!

2. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    It's been stated in interviews that the Skrulls were picked quite some time ago and no new Skrulls were going to be allowed. Also, that Iron Man was not a Skrull (with the reasoning that would just make his convictions leading to and through and after Civil War incredibly cheap and be a lazy way to resolve that issue) and neither was Captain America (with reasoning, Elektra was killed and reverted, Cappy was killed and didn't). This interview was in the most recent, or the one immediately prior, of Wizard BTW.

What about Winter Soldier/Bucky? That would be perfect.

Sentry's wife sounds good as well. And there's someone on the New Avengers, I'm sure, but who I don't know (or at least someone who was in #1 of NA, which I don't have, bah).

I unfortunately don't follow the X books anymore, nor FF (but how would either Reed Richards or Ben Grimm go? One superhuman registration act, and the other quit the team over it) so I'm out beyond that, really.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The skrulls are really skrulls ;) 

Nah..I'm not too sure. I definitely agree with the sentiment on Sentry's wife though...

Hmm, should be interesting in all..I hope.

Also, though it won't be so..I do like the thought that Sharpe was a skrull.

4. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it'll be anyone with their own book unless the change happened after Civil War. They'll be background characters. (with the exception of winter soldier.) Like Black Bolt, I could see Hawkeye or Jim Rhodes or even Capatain Mar-Vell as a Skrull. But they will play the guessing game with us I think.

Whatever happens, I hope that they use this as the story to end the whole registration thing and let Stark pull his head out of his ass to see the light.

5. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Didn't Morrison actually want him to be Magneto and end up really, properly dead? The whole Xorn fuck up was the people in charge not wanting to get rid of a long standing character I think.

6. Draco Nomicon

Draco Nomicon Active Member

Y'know, that actually makes just a little bit of sense. Everyone knows that Mystique is a shape shifter, and if I were a Skrull that's the job I'd want. No messy power tampering, just doing what you can already do. She was also somewhat responsible for Rogue being taken out of the game. While the Skrulls might be able to block or fool actual telepathy I'm not sure how well they'd fare against a power such as Rogue's.

I suspect that there will likely be at least one character on every title or at least every team.

Sentry's wife seems a good choice. The man is mentally unstable enough as it is, and constantly seeing her dead or whatnot can't be helping the man's sanity. And then there's the fact that all the sudden she's trying to convince Tony that it might be best to find a way to kill him.

Also anyone who's recently come back from the dead seems highly suspect. I mean sure yeah I suppose Hawkeye really COULD have just reappeared after the whole House of M thing, because he was somehow still alive in that universe.

I'd also say Colossus is suspect in that regard except he's planned to leave the X-Men and join the Last Defenders. I can't see them making him a Skrull if they're actually wanting to use him afterwards.

Then there's the possibility of Xavier and Namor out of the Illuminati. Namor makes a lot of sense, he's a fairly background character, and yeah sure he helped the others kill the Black Bolt Skrull, but that could've been planned. They knew that everyone was getting suspicious and what better way to convince someone you're NOT a Skrull than to KILL a Skrull. The Skrulls see this as a war, and in war, some sacrifices have to be made. Xavier is a lot less likely but the clues are still there. He DID show up after everyone else thought him dead after House of M, and he's walking again by some miracle. Then there's the whole fact that he didn't have his powers, but then somehow got them back when he was thrown into the M'Krann crystal. That could easily be seen as the Skrull using that as an excuse to use the powers he was given when he was sent to impersonate Xavier in the first place.

I do like Miriam Sharpe as a Skrull since she suddenly went from a nobody to one of the biggest proponents for registration seemingly overnight. And here's a crazy idea; what about Nitro? Now before you scoff, hear me out.

The Skrulls wanted to get at all the Illuminati members, they couldn't get to Namor directly so they wanted to bait him out, so...what does Skrull-Nitro do? He leaks to the New Warriors (A team which included someone related to Namor) the location of this group of bad guys, which is also conveniently close to a school. And we have a two birds-one Skrull situation. One, he taunts Namorita into chasing him, conviently gets caught outside the school, and blows up, killing Namorita as well as the 500 or so innocent children that are sure to cause a public outcry for registration. Nitro ends up in the hands of the Atlanteans, where he can now easily get at and possibly replace Namor. Meanwhile Miriam Sharpe spearheads the charge for superhuman registration because of what happened with Nitro and the New Warriors.

Now...the Skrulls are smart, they studied both Tony Stark AND Reed Richards while they had them captive. They didn't even NEED to replace them. They knew that the two of them together would support the call for registration, and that they would come up with something like the 50 State Initiative. The whole Civil War thing was just a happy accident, they didn't intend it, they didn't plan it, they just sat back and waited to see how it ended. I think a lot of the Skrulls are going to just turn up among the 50 State Initiative, they'll be no-name heroes that no one has ever heard of before that have supposedly been in the 616 all along. That was the big plan, get the initiative set up and get their people spread out into positions of power

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    J. Jonah Jameson: Skrull,
    Leonard Samson: Skrull,
    Emma Frost, Skrull,
    Wade Wilson, Skrull,
    Wong, Skrull,
    Namor, Skrull,
    Mary Jane Watson, Skrull,
    Most characters introduced between 1990 and 2000, Skrull.

8. Draco Nomicon

I actually agree with the whole Mary Jane as a Skrull, especially since that gives them a chance to save Spider Man by undoing OMD before it kills the title.

On the Wong note, I would add Jarvis to the list as well, who better to spy than one who goes everywhere within the Avengers sanctum.

I think Emma's been messed with a little too much to be a Skrull though, unless that is a more recent switch up.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

You'd think the devil would know she's not human...

10. Draco Nomicon

Perhaps, but they HAVE apparently found a new way to hide it. Besides, even if he did, would the devil seriously care, I think that'd be all the better for him.

11. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I know that post about Mystique was probably intended as a joke, but it makes sense.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

That was actually pretty blatantly hinted at in, I believe it was the Avengers Initiative Annual. Some noob Initiative member is seen reporting to a Skrull who makes mention of a Skrull in every state or somesuch.

13. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    Wonder-Man is a Skrull, so is Ares. Oh, and the Red Skull. Skull, Skrull?? Coincidence??? I think NOT!!!

14. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

I agree about Wonderman possibly being a Skrull, but would the Skrulls have the power to kidnap, hide away and imitate a god?

Also, what about the skrulls we know about such as Xavin and Teddy/Hulkling, are they just going to be ignored? I reckon they might have been replaced by other skrulls.

15. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Another one, this one from the X-franchise: Forge. After what he did with Nimrod in New X-Men recently... Forge.

16. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

Wonderman's powers have fluctuated SO much he has to be a Skrull.

17. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

Maybe the costume change in Mighty # 7 is Wonder-scrull's way of hiding his true identity? Sortof like, "If i were a scrull would i need to change my costume?".

Eh.....

EDIT- Now i think about it, why not Taskmaster? He's got a whole load of recruits under his command, and a position at Initiative central may i add? Plus he had his face ripped-off by Moonknight, then appeared breifly as one of the New new Thunderbolts. The ability to copy fighting styles would be perfect for a skrull i think.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Only if they use it as a way to get him out of his old crappy costume again and back into his awesome merc suit. I never understood why they put him back in that damn thing.

19. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here. Iloved the new suit he used in Deadpool and the mini. Never cared for the skull face.

As for who's a Skrull, no idea. I'd make a few suggestions but Marvel will probably just do something reall ysupid and show that almost no one is a skrull. The only one I will put money on is that mimic-type kid from Initiative. Wspecially after what he did to Gauntlet. But really, any character named Gauntlet with those powers really should have gotten his ass handed to him a long time ago.

20. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Slapstick. They turned Slapstick into a partial psychopath. After that and what they did to Speedball I...well, I'd say I gave up on them, but all I really did was make jokes about it.