Secret Invasion - Who do you expect to be a Skrull? (Speculation)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Jan 12, 2008.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    The title is pretty straight forward...essentially, who do you expect to be outed as a Skrull in "Secret Invasion"? (Aside from the fan-favorite answer of Joe Quesada, of course)

I can think of at least one person who will most likely be outed as a Skrull: Miriam Sharpe.

You're probably wondering who that is, right? Go back and read Civil War (issue #1 specifically), and you'll notice that one person in particular (of the Stamford reformists) is pointed out as responsible for becoming a "political operator." You might even go as far as to say that she's the person that mobilized public opinion for the SRA, and thus is one of the people primarily responsible for Civil War. I mean, using your grief for your murdered child to manipulate an entire nation into crippling its meta-community? Sounds pretty Skrully.

So, who else makes it onto the "Most-Likely-to-be-a-Skrull" list?

2. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

Apparently it's been said that Skrulls were NOT behind Civil War at all.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Where at?

4. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Well, if that's the case...I'm okay with that. I mean, nothing says "humanity" like people making incredibly stupid mistakes without outside interference.

I would like to see where this came from, though.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Hopefully Iron Man. It would explain why he's such a dick.

Oh, and Emma Frost too. Anything to get her off the damned X-Men and back as a c-list villain where she belongs.

6. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha I never understood how she went from appearing once ever 2 years or so to 5 issues a month.

7. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    I think that explaining Iron Man's actions away as him being a Skrull robs the character of all the development and exposition he's received over the past couple years. Remember, to be human is to err...and wiping away his mistakes is no better than OMD'ing Spider-Man.

And, if we can't have the Skrulls be responsible for CW, I wouldn't mind seeing them be responsible for Disassembled, or even House of M. Wanda screwed everything up, sure...but it'd make sense if there were Skrulls secretly pushing her along the way.

8. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I think that any character in Bedis' Mighty Avengers series for whom we've never seen thought bubbles is a possible suspect.

9. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grant Morrison.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Like that'll stop Marvel lol. They need soemthing to make him a full fledged hero again before the movie comes out so this seems like the perfect opportunity...or they could just get Mephisto again.

Haven't we seen thought bubbles for all of them though? Going on memory we've seen Ares, Tony, Ms. Marvel, Hank Pym, Wasp, Wonderman, and BW. Can't remember about Sentry though. I know we haven't seen his wife's thoughts.

I'm curious as to who the Skrulls in the X-Men are. I'm thinking maybe Nightcrawler or Archangel.

11. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    And Sentry does seem pretty adamant about seeing her dead twice so far...and, although the Void is pretty strong, I'm not so sure that he's great at making Sentry see OTHER people as dead..

12. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been wondering about Sentry's wife, especially after her conversation with Stark in the latest Mighty Avengers.

As for Miriam Sharpe, that's a very good idea.

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The two most foul words in comics.

14. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

It was in an early interview with Bendis. He was asked abotu Skrulls being behind Civil War and he said that he wouldn't do that, because Civil War wasn't his story. Which doesn't make sense to me.

I'll try to find it. But even then, he might have changed his mind/Joe Q intervened.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i beleive they also stated iron man was not a skrull....dont have the interview, but i think it was on newsarama...but who knows, maybe they lied

16. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahaha. It's always good to see someone not pledging their undying love for Morrison, and preaching about how every one of his comics is a brilliant, deep work of art.

Mind, I like a bit of his work, but their are people that just...think everything he's ever done is the best ever, and if you don't like you're stupid.

His Batman has been slightly above average at best, people!

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I too have been suspecting Sentry's wife after #7. I think Ultron really did kill her, and the Skrulls took advantage of the oppurtunaty.

18. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Mystique is a Skrull. Come on, it's so obvious!! Hello, she shape-shifts for crying out loud.

It's funny how she shape-shifts so openly yet no one suspects her of being a Skrull. Bunch of retarded heroes. Open your eyes, the Eye of Agamotto is useless Dr. Strange!!! Read the damn manual or throw it away if you don't know how to use it!!

You're not fooling anyone Mystique!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man, I loved Civil War, flaws and all. And I liked WWH, although mostly as a (long) conclusion to Planet Hulk, which was grrrr-eat!.

But I'm passing on Secret Invasion. It's got "lazy retcon" written all over it. Instead, I'll be picking up the trades to Sinestro Corps War that I've busted my ass avoiding spoilers to for the last six months or so.
    :lol  It's funny 'cause it's true.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Captain America was a Skrull, and has secretly been underground with Thor chillin' for the last few years.