Secret avengers?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Empir3, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

2. Empir3

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm thinking Sentry... but i'm not sure... doesn't seem very Heroic to have a group of Secret avengers... but i'm curious... and its not from Bendis, so i may get it... depends on the cast...

4. Empir3

Well i like Brubakers work so i hope it will be good with whatever cast. Have you read sleeper? was an awesome book by Brubaker.

Im not sure that i agree with it being the sentry the quote fits but i dont think the image does. We shall see though its getting me excited

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i havent read sleeper, but i need to read more brubaker... i'm so behind on his Captain America run though... like 9 or 10 issues counting reborn... maybe more...

6. Empir3

Do yourself a favor and read sleeper its really really good and not the typical super hero book. Its on the Wildstorm imprint and set in its universe but you dont need to know the verse much to love the book. I think the sleeper series is in my top 5 for sure.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Redemption: Either Scarlet Witch or Sentry
    Focus on the Solution, not the problem: ???

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Remember Secret Defenders over decade and some change ago? Yeahhhhh, We'll probably be saying the same thing about Secret Avengers in another decade.

[​IMG]

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    There seems to be a good consensus that the first one is Beast. I'm seeing guesses for the second one as Moon Knight, Taskmaster (that'd be cool), Sentry (that would not), Cloak, and Hobgoblin. My fingers are crossed for Taskmaster.

And smkspy, I have a lot of confidence in Ed Brubaker to pull off a good book with this concept. It'll likely end up being better than the main, Bendis-written Avengers book.

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I agree about Brubaker being able to pull off a good book, just that I don't think Marvel can keep a good status going. Mighty Avengers was a good book, but that only lasted 13 issues. Still, I'm not too big on the concept when applied to the Avengers. They don't do X-Force type black op missions. It's not their thing, and this concept seems forced here. I'm eagerly waiting new info that isn't just blacked out pics.

11. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I remember that one

12. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    actually the current secret warriors is quite a good read, i would think it to be something more like that. and theres also a big dude and a guy with a hood like the pic. though i dont see the quotes having anything to do with them. the only person i could see seeking redemption would be sentry or the hood right now. sentry is also apparantly
    galactus
    i has a pic where he says it in the last dark avengers and was like whuuuuuuuut?!?!
    Secret Warriors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

13. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    No, he's not. It was hyperbole - he wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Would it have been different if he had said he was "god?" No.

14. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i considered the joke, but it was hard to just straight read it one way or the other. and actually yes, it would have been different because the whole time
    she was talking about him channeling something stronger or more powerful, and then he goes and says that, tho he might have known shed said that too. like in the way the hood is using dormamu's power and not satan. and especially since after civil war everyone is really someone else, or was a skrull so you can see how id think it hah
    had it been god it would have kind of been different and would have just shown he was stright being insane and not joking or serious. like i said in the other thread about it i wasnt sure how he meant it tho, that whole story was effed up.

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Another point to consider....do the personalities of the Void and (Spoilerific) match? The Void seems very sadistic and cruel, whereas (Spoiler) does not, or at least not in the same way....I don't think it would make sense.

Then again, that IS the complaint with DA #13....and most stories regarding the Sentry's origin.....

16. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i cant see that being Beast...seeing there was already the pic of Beast in the "Avengers" line-up pic.

Another guess would be Wolverine seeing he likes to be in everything.

17. Empir3

I was kind of thinking the first picture may be daredevil

18. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'm putting my money on the second being Moon Knight. He was an Avenger once before. And the image doesn't seem to be holding anything like Taskmaster's shield.

The first image I am completely unsure of. I would saw Beast but he doesn't have claws on his hands which Beast still has. It looks like he's jumping forward similar to the way Spiderman leaps but his hand is way to big for Spidey. The only ones that make sense given the character dimensions are Hulk and Beast. Curious.

19. Empir3

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    That female has an incredibly large breast.