Secondary and Third Party vendor question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, May 2, 2012.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

As Hasbro has failed to bring us a movie verse Mirage in any form, I was curious if any of the secondary or third party vendors have shown any interest in producing one?

It just seems sad, really, that such a great character doesn't have anything on the collectors shelves to represent him.

My custom figure wont be done for another two weeks, but I'd still prefer a professionally designed, and marketed collectible.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Hasbro did make a mirage figure but it was cyberverse and was put into the prime cyberverse. For this I have no idea what hasbro was thinking

3. NEST SOLDIER

Yes, I saw it. It was based upon the Sideways figure, I believe. However, I am referring to a deluxe or HA version. I know that someone ( presumably Takara) made a prototype HA Mirage that was displayed for some time in Tokyo at TRU in a plexiglass case.

I haven't heard any more about this, but from what I was told it was displayed in both robot and vehicle mode.

I just think that the secondary and third party vendors should take up the cause and line their bank with thousands in potential revenue from Mirage.

I don't care if they call him Rush, Red racer, or red car, so long as he's screen accurate and actually produced.

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

All due respect and whatnot, but how do you get "great character" from his--what?--two lines in the movie?

Unless you're talking about the comics, which I've never read.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's very unlikely that we'll see full-figure 3rd Party movie-based releases. The general level of sculpting and mechanical complexity required seems to be beyond the comfort zone of many of these groups, and the fanbase is far more divided over the Movie aesthetic than it is over G1, so the market isn't as strong as it could be to support such a project.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, screw Dino, we need more third party Devastators and Devastator add-ons.

7. NEST SOLDIER

Just because Bay didn't do Mirage justice, doesn't mean that he wasn't a great character.

8. NEST SOLDIER

Not Dino, Il mio Amico, It's Mirage.

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol 

10. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    If someone does a deluxe Dino I'll definitely be interested.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    ummm takara is still going to release there movie line unlike hasbro the one that was supposed to be after dotm so just wait they wont waist the mold ive also heard rumors that soundwave and que make a return in takaras wave 2 just rumors though