Second Run of SG Soundwave Headbands

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shadowbreaker, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Bingo...In the case of Runamuck, supposedly the club only brought a hundred or so to the con. I would have limited sales of Runamuck to 'new club sign-ups or present members ONLY' instead of everybody. Somehow dealers ended up with Runamucks instead of potential club members.

How do you grow a fan club if the incentive to join is no longer there?

2. Pete Sync

Pete Sync Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We brought 100 SPECIFICALLY for new memberships... We had a separate allotment to sell.

3. Quicky

Ebay:
    That's good to know. Now did dealers have the 1X limit for Runamuck or could they buy unlimited amounts as was the case with the Junkions?

4. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    Those sold out before any limits were lifted...

5. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Guys, while I can see a lot of hate going on to TA, I can say that I don't think they did anything that you or I wouldn't do given the opportunity. They're a business, and if FP allows them to buy 100% of their leftover stock, then why wouldn't they? That part is business 101. Now, FunPub on the other hand... they shouldn't have allowed something like this to happen in the first place. But seeing that they're a business as well, of course they're going to want to sell out of 100% of their stock. Look, it's not ToyArena's fault that FunPub let them buy X amount of a toy... unless they outwardly tell us that it's all about the bottom dollar and not about pleasing us.

6. Aerros1

Aerros1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This has been going on for years, it never gets worked out for the next one. Last year they made it to where in order for a fan to get a Grapple from the club store they had to buy a strafe. But those of us in line got to watch as the dealers walked out with carts of just grapple and watched the jacked the prices up on the show floor. What really rubs the salt in the wound is when you hear the teams of dealers in the line friday brag about how they did it.

A huge problem is consistency. It seems like depending on the person your buying from at the club store the rules differ. Someone i know got a free headband because they were female and asked nicely.

Funpub needs to set the rules, Put it on paper as law, and then stick too it. That way noone can be butthurt when the limit changes and they did not know about it because they were in a panel or chatting with friends or have been blocked on twitter(by both botcon and tfcc) for mentioning the word creditcard and @tfcc in the same tweet.

7. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    I worked the store line last year and no one walked out with carts of just grapple's. All were sold in pairs.

8. Aerros1

Aerros1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why is it a Fan who pays for a primus package+golden ticket is limited 1. But dealers who get 2 badges for $400 were allowed 2 Runamucks per badge?

EDIT** This happened to my roomate. Delaers TOLD him that was their limit after he asked then how they got 2.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  9. Quicky

Ebay:
    Bottom line is that it doesn't look right. FunPub unwittingly disappoints their members and general attendance. Dealers like Toyarena make a tidy profit but look like douches while doing it. Either way you look at it, your customer has a negative outlook in how this was handled. That's bad for business.

Let's say I'm a walk-in and I'm interested in some of the exclusives, why should I attend Botcon if the dealers are going to buy up a good amount of inventory before I even get my foot in the door. Why not just stay home and buy them direct from the dealer for a mark-up. The exclusives are there to entice you to go to the convention, not for you to stay home and order from the dealer who bought up the exclusives.

10. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    :lol 

The perks of being a female in a male dominated hobby I guess.

11. Pete Sync

News Credits:
    Actually, it would be one Primus badge and one dealer badge. That is far more than $400...

12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh no, I agree. I'm not saying that the ToyArena guys are saints... but they're genuinely good people who just got a really good opportunity to make money. It's not their fault that FunPub let them buy the entire stock. What should have happened is that dealers were allowed a certain amount until a certain time... maybe then (aka after the con is over) could they buy whatever's remaining of the stock. But you're right... I always thought that there was no point for walk-in attendees... unless they just want to throw their money away.

13. Quicky

Ebay:
    Yeah, if dealers wanted to buy up as much as they wanted at show end Sunday, I see nothing wrong with that either.

FunPub allowing dealers to buy en masse Saturday morning, basically the first day of the show for general attendance and cleaning out the Junkion packs before general attendance or late Primus badge holders is just wrong.

14. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    they were offered first crack on saturday...if dealers can buy stock while the public is not in the building and is waiting in line to get it then yeah they are getting first crack at the remaining stock...

yeah but you are missing the forest for the trees...not everyone can be there thursday or even friday...and it is a 4 day convention then it is only 1/2 over it is NOT ETHICALLY RIGHT to have shit sold out to dealers...when they know damned well that there are folks that can only attend saturday and sunday....if they want to keep being dicks to fans and potential future customers...that's fine ...it will stay that way until people vote with their dollars...

Personally i am glad i did not renew my club membership or attend the con...because the way FP is doing things now SUCKS ASS...

15. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    I agree. They should let general admission get a chance to buy souvenirs on Saturday. Probably motivate them to get membership and/or primus package for next year.

16. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

Funpub just sucking wind. What a shitty company.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    how is it their fault if someone cannot get there until saturday...not everyone can make a 4 day mecca tour of botcon...some folks can only attend saturday and sunday...and it is totally a DICK MOVE...to allow dealers to buy unlimited before folks can get into the convention and purchase stuff...basically lining people up...just to tell them "opps sorry sold out"...

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Funpub doing something like this doesn't surprise me. THey want a guaranteed sell out. Botcon is not for the fans.

19. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    i dont remember what day they sold out on but i do remember seeing a golen ticket person walk away with 6 of them so i dont think there was really a limit just my 2 cents stop me if i am wrong

20. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to argue here, I'm really not, but if you re-read what you quoted me on I agree that selling so many before the show even opened on Saturday was a bad move. If it were ME, I would have allowed bulk sales towards the end of the day Saturday once all the attendees had a shot in the dealer room, especially since Saturday is their biggest day. IMHO it's more about image and customer service and with as many bad things that have happened to FubPub this year I think erring on the side that keeps more customers happy is always the best path. There is no way FP would have been taking any Junkions home, just like they didn't take any Optimus / Kick-Off sets home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.