Second Life, anyone hear of it?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Thorns2010, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

My brother today told me to check out this site called www.secondlife.com

From what I can tell....its a total online world where you interact with others. But it sounds like you can make money from it.

Seems kind of odd to me, and my bro is a very..... shall I say conservatie guy, so I don't know. Anyone hear anything about this?

I'm signing myself up right now just to check it out, just wanting to hear any feedback.

2. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  4. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I played it for a little bit. But after it ran like crap on my comp, nobody I knew played it, and you had to pay real money for most things, I quit. Seriously, you can buy an island, but it's over 1000 dollars in REAL MONEY. Crazy.

Although I did find a place with free stuff. I got an M4 and made my character look like Jesus with shades and red white and blue clothes.

I was a Patriotic Jesus.

5. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

Its just a visual social networking program. It is much like the game "Furcadia" for furre fans, except it is customizable. It can be fun but mostly is just full of creeps and Rakshas. Furcadia also charged for things like "wings" for your character, custom character portraits, and dedicated dream servers. It was meant to be a DnD style dice game but too many dial-up era weirdos poluted it with elitist snobbing and chatting. Alot of Furcadia players left when news leaked that the creators were making a subgame called "Furrabian Nights"...which was basically a furre cyber sex game. We were only there for the battle gaming and scripting "dream" levels, much like SNES Zelda.

The only time I played Second Life, I created Pyramid Head but made his knife like a mile long. People could see it from all over the whole map, flapping around as I ran.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've seen those. It can get pretty damn weird.

That's hillarious! XD

If for some reason I ever decided to try it out, I'd probably make some kind of giant robot.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Okay, so work asked we check out second life.... it was a horror filled world full of online hookers and furries yiffing.

I have never been so terrified in all my life.

Also, I got pushed off a cliff by a giant penis.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Best. Description. Ever.

9. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

Second life is horrific.

It runs terribly, it suffers from awful scripting being deployed everywhere you look and the most grotesque models being displayed by some of the worlds most inept modellers.

I was violated by a fox-woman after straying into an area called 'Amsterdamn'. It was not a nice thing.

Avoid it like the plague.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
  11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I gave that a try once. Scared the hell out of me because people actually lived their lives in the game. Deleted the thing off my HD in an instant.

12. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, like others have said avoid it. The thing is populated with people that LIVE in it. It's also prolly the worst looking/running thing that's ever been on my PC.

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

It looks lame. The only people that play it are losers, people with no lives, people looking to turn a profit or WoW n00bs.

14. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

I tried it once but it wouldn't run very well on my computer, so I figured, ah, forget it. These stories and pictures...frighten me. o_o I used to be into the furry stuff, but the furry "community" as I learned more about it, sickens me. So yeah. The hunting thing is hilarious. XD