Seat covers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by seeker311, Oct 29, 2007.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Does anyone know of any online store that might sell TF seat covers? I have not been able to find anywhere

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never seen seat covers before. You can still get a steering wheel cover in some places but I have never seen seat covers. I'd love to buy a set if my car was actually decent.

3. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I definitely think there's a market for Transformers automotive parts/accessories. I'd love to try to get the license from Hasbro to do that sort of thing, but all I have is ideas - not capital, time, or ability.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I know that there are Nightmare before christmas seat covers because I bought them for the wifey, so I dont know why TF seat covers would not be available, especially since there's a wheel cover out there.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I got some TF Decepticon floor mats from an auto parts vendor at a flea market. They're not official TF product, but they're pretty freakin sweet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rubb...7937447QQihZ003QQcategoryZ33697QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't pay $35 + shipping for them though. I got mine for $20.

Never seen seat covers, but if you know someone who's a skilled tailor or seamstress, I bet they could make you some from the movie blanket and sheet sets that are currently available.

6. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Pretty much all that I ever saw for Transformers automotive accessories is a Decepticon steering wheel cover... would like to get TF car seats, though.

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oooh...those red-logoed floor mats would go nicely in my car. I haven't seen seat covers, but do have the steering wheel cover. Thanks, Hot Topic!

-Tony!

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hot Topic has the steering wheel covers?! Dang... all the more reason why I need to go to that store!

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've been looking for the wheel covers at Hot Topics and their site for a coupla years now, with no luck. If you ever find some, I'd love to know. I've basically given up, but now's the time to start checking again with the movie out.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yes, but the cover would not fit my F-150. :( 

12. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

The one that I bought from HT wasn't the greatest quality. It was ok for a couple of weeks and then it started falling apart. Now that I think about it, I need to replace it with something new!

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Really? I had mine on the steering wheel of my Bronco. I would thought that both wheels would be same size.

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I just thought of something: a lot of the newer sewing machines have the ability to program designs into them. Maybe you could find someone with one of these machines and have them put the design you want on some plain seat covers?

15. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's possible to make your own seat covers. I got someone else to, turned out pretty good, don't have pictures at the moment.

16. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    Wouldn't it be awesome if they replicated the steering wheel on the old camaro in the movie?

Hot Metal Autobot Icon!

17. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

This thread read my mind! I too have been looking for car seat covers as I want to deck out my car in Transformers. I have been planning to make my car into an updated Punch-CounterPunch type car, driver side as Autobot and Passenger side as Decepticon. I have the symbol car decals for my back windows and the HT steering wheel cover but I have been searching for seat covers, license plate covers (Autobot for the back and Decepticon for the front). I have found the license plate covers in stainless steel on Ebay in both factions. I also saw the floor mats but was a little upset the Decepticon ones didn't come in purple. I haven't been able to find Sun Shades with the faction symbols. As for seat covers, I thought of an idea to use regular black covers and stitch on the faction symbol patches that I got for Xmas a few years back. The patches aren't very big, but if stitched into the head rest area of the seat covers they should look pretty cool.

18. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Lol, I just pictured myself with the seatcovers, and in my minds eye, I'm sitting on Meg's face. Time to hit the Taco Bell!!

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Which are you referring to?

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...satitle=transformers+license+plate&category0=

The only stainless steel ones I see are license plate FRAMES. It's not the same. The guy selling custom TF plates on ebay... well, they look a little cheap.

I bought a really nice laser-cut one from a vendor at Dragon*Con in Atlanta a couple years ago. I passed his contact info onto a couple other fans here. Here's a pic of mine:

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/voiceroy/Dragoncon/?action=view&current=dconhaul02.jpg

Yeah, that was a dead giveaway that they weren't officially licensed product. Hasbro would've at least made sure they had purple logos. I bought the gray ones.

And speaking of Hasbro, they've seriously neglected the market for TF vehicle accessories. I think they'd find a helluvalotta TF fans out there are just itching to pimp out their rides... TF-style.

20. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

A seat cover would be great. I have the Con steering wheel cover because it was all I could find and it was on sale, though my car is an Autobot (2003 VW Bug that I call Bumblebee). He's just undercover.;-)