Season Two story arc speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by koh4711, Apr 29, 2012.

1. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    Watching "Flying Mind", I noticed a few interesting things, in terms of
    Nemesis's
    actions. While it's entirely possible this is just a "filler" episode, I wonder if there might be something else at play here.

First, think back to the Season One episode "Partners", when we first learn of the crashed Decepticon ship Harbinger. The ship carried a prototype weapon, the Immobilizer. A powerful weapon, not unlike some of the others hidden on Earth that the Bots and Cons are currently looking for. It also looks like Harbinger is similar in design to Nemesis, if not the same class of ship.

In "Armada", Starscream stumbles across a hidden lab aboard the remains of Harbinger, which contains protoforms and equipment for cloning experiments. It's possible this wasn't even on the ship's databanks, which Airachnid accessed to find the Immobilizer.

(And spoiler tagging all this, since it involves both "Flying Mind" and the news from Botcon Saturday night.)

Now, we get to "Flying Mind", and things get interesting. When dark energon is used to repair Nemesis, the ship suddenly has weapons that Knockout says he wasn't aware of. The ship also defies Megatron, stating that its mission takes priority. Going back to the premiere, remember that dark energon could revive Cliffjumper's body, but it made him a mindless zombie. Also, dark energon has been shown to greatly increase the power of weapons, but I don't think it's ever been shown to create them.

What's more, Nemesis does some interesting things that don't seem to mesh with it just being a random manifestation of dark energon. Rather than kill the Autobots and Decepticons, it puts them into stasis. It is clearly aware of the artifacts on Earth, and wants to seek them out. And perhaps most interestingly, the computer is able to decode the locations of the artifacts faster than even a trained archivist like Orion Pax could.

Could all of this be connected to Shockwave somehow? He seems like he's the only character who could put hidden programming and tech on Megatron's own flagship, and the work being done in the Harbinger's lab(and keeping potential specimens alive) seems to match his MO.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm too lazy to spoiler tag, so let me just say I agree with your final paragraph. It even kind of matched his visual motif.

3. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

This will be interesting if it does turn out that way.

4. megapork

megapork Cheese

This is what I would love to see unfold on the show.

5. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a good theory, but it makes a big assumption that Shockwave will be the scientist from G1. In Animated he was a spy, and in the movie-verse he was as assassin.

6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This speculation isn't really far off if you think about it.

Escpically since Shockwave's possibly conntected to the Insecticons creation and that FOC does in a way connect to the show so it's easy to say something like that will happen. That also means that the Dinobots aren't really far off either.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    And they said a while back they had plans for Dinobots....

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Exactly! So I'm sure later on at the end of Season 2 or the beginning of Season 3 we'll have the Dinobots and Shockwave on board. I mean since Season 2 started we've been getting hints of Shockwave's precense since he's the creator of the Insecticons in Fall of Cybertron.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I bet these relics lead to Shockwave in stasis. Watch, I bet next week, episode 16's description will mention a "legendary warrior". Maybe something about Arcee and Cliffjumper to fill out the description.

10. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I think Shockwave can save the show. TFA's plot really started getting good once they brought Shockwave in to the fold.

11. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    OP I think you're spot-on.

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I hope that's true! :D 

Right. So if pulled off right THAT"S when Prime will REALLY kick off! :thumb 

13. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    And if Corey Burton is back, People will tune in.

14. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Very intriguing OP. I wouldn't mind seeing all that play out.