Season Four scale charts?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cobalt Agent, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I've been looking around and I've found scale charts for bots from seasons 1, 2, 3, the Movie, and Headmasters, but I've been wondering if there's any charts for Season Four of the US cartoon/The Rebirth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The reason being that Metroplex and Trypticon are seen as roughly 10x the height of Rodimus Prime in the Season Three size chart I've found for scale references. We all know that's probably unrealistic as they're cities, but it gives insight I believe as to how big they're intended to be portrayed in respect to other characters. We also know that the Rebirth was badly animated and inconsistent, and also that there's a debate over how big Scorponok/Fortress Maximus were in the cartoon compared to Plex and Tryp. Are there ANY Rebirth scale references?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Your last image is actually from the Japanese Headmasters series - so there's a size chart in there for the Headmasters. That's Raiden on the left as well.

I've seen size charts around for Headmasters, but not Rebirth. Headmasters made Scorponok and Fortress Maximus significantly bigger compared to their US versions so that is probably no good to you.

IIRC, Rebirth was inconsistent about sizes but they are probably in the same scale as Metroplex and Trypticon.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Not only have I never seen a scale chart for Rebirth, I've never seen the fourth picture in your list there before, so thanks for that.

While I've seen a few, including the infamous Daniel, Chromedome, Raiden, Metroplex, and Fortress Maximus scale picture and a few others from Headmasters, those don't really help as they were their own thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rebirth was made without a scale chart, as I recall the sizes were all over the place. ;) 

4. Cobalt Agent

Yeah, Metroplex in those scales only comes up to to like Max's knee. I think they portrayed Scorponok and Maximus as being starships not just cities. However I believe in the US they were intended to be just cities/battlestations.

I would agree. If they are bigger I don't think it'd be as much as in the Japanese series, maybe like 100 ft more at most. Looking at the toy commercials, not that they're the most canon sources of scale, Metroplex and Maximus face off against Bruticus and Abominus respectively; Bruticus looks like a mouse by Metro's hip and Abominus is just big enough to rip off Maximus' cannons in battlestation mode, making him roughly a mouse to Maximus as well.

You know, the comics really dropped the ball on city formers. Trypticon was just a bit bigger than the Dinobots, Metroplex didn't even appear (except in the UK), and Maximus/Scorp were around combiner size at most.

Just found it myself today lol.

Agreed. I don't think the Japanese scale is any more helpful than the Comic scale in determining the Rebirth's scale.

LOL, honestly I've been thinking that lately. It's also why I'm asking.

5. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Looked at the scale again in The Ark II copy. Fort Max's head is at Optimus's waist level. But we're going by JP continuity and not Rebirth like you said. I'm estimating Rebirth Fort Max is roughly Metroplex scale, if not, a couple towers taller than the Scramble City bot.

:lol  I'm going back to crunching numbers.

6. Cobalt Agent

Wait, Prime's waist level? What?

7. The621

News Credits:
    Yeah. Fort Max's head is literally about as tall as Prime at waist level and Hot Rod at chest level. The overall bot towers over Predaking, and Devastator combined.

8. Cobalt Agent

What? Are you talking about the toys?

9. The621

News Credits:
    I'm referring to the Ark II scale. They have the character models.

And yes I'm also referring to the toys. I lined up my buddy's Fortress Maximus head with my Pepsi Prime and my Hot Rod. Measures up to the waist of Prime and his forehead measures up to Hot Rod's chest.

Seems like the animators for the JP G1 continuity literally used the toys for measurement...

10. Cobalt Agent

Ark II scale? So it only has JP scales in it?

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    This is confusing the heck out of me.

12. The621

News Credits:
    What's not to get? The animators of The Headmasters literally used the toys for scale.

Unfortunately.

The only scales that are from our continuity are season 1 to 3 characters.

13. Cobalt Agent

So wait does it have the scale for the combiners/combiner groups besides Devastator?

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I always thought combiners n omega came up to metroplex chest (as big as metro/trypty were they more battle stations than cities with scale to vehicles obvious from their main ramps) while metroplex is prolly one third of fort max scale so hed come up to fm's mid section.

But yeah, count me in as favoring fort max n scorponok as more scaled to in between size between regular bots n combiners. As leaders itd be hard to depict them interacting regularly with troops. Leave the godzilla scale to metro n trypty.

15. The621

News Credits:
    No, unfortunately.

However, after re-watching "Starscream's Brigade", Devastator and Bruticus line up exactly the same height during their skirmish.

Even worse is the vagueness regarding Sky Lynx's scale with the other Transformers.

Piranacon/King Poseidon stand just about as tall as Raiden. In turn, Raiden is in scale with Devastator and Predaking.

And for future reference in case if you need it, Scourge/whatever those are (maybe his Sweeps) is shorter than Galvatron or Cyclonus.

*EDIT: Those are the Sweeps..

If I recall, a commercial and the Transformers: 2010 Opening compared Defensor to a toenail against Trypticon.