Season 3- Who will lead the 'Cons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by DarthCrusher, Jul 10, 2008.

1. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Megatron and Starscream's head are stranded in space at the end of Season 2, who do you think will lead the remaining Decepticons on Earth while they are away?

Few of them seem like natural leaders.
    - Lugnut would be far too interested in finding Megatron, leaving little room for any Decepticon victories elsewhere.
    - Blitzwing is utterly nuts.
    - I doubt that Suck-up Starscream has the guts to stand up for himself and claim leadership.
    - Liar Starscream doesn't seem likely to get anything significant done.
    - Scrapper and Mixmaster are only in it for the oil.

Here are three possible leadership situations for Season 3 that would (in my eyes) work:

-Femmescream, who seems to posess a keen tactical mind, takes command on Earth.
    -Shockwave, his cover blown, retreats to Earth to join up with Megatron and, upon hearing about his disappearance, orders the construction of a new ship to find him (maybe use Scrap and Mix to fix up the Nemesis?).
    -Someone else shows up on Earth (RATBAT!) with their own goals.

They can't have Megatron show up on Earth again immediately, as that would ruin the ending of Season 2 entirely. There's a lot more room for interesting storylines if it takes Megs a while to get back to Earth.

What do you think?

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Hmm.. yeah it's either gotta be Shockwave or the girly Starscream.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    SOUNDWAVE!!!! IT IS ONLY LOGICAL! he would and take over the Decepticons and try to use them to extinguish the human race!

or maybe not, im just throwing that out there

4. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

What makes you think there will BE leadership among the decepticons?

Frankly, a bunch of superpowerful robots acting as an amorphous, anarchic mob is much more dangerous (to humans, but not to Autobots on a military level) than an organized army.

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the Soundwave thread:

Shockwave I think is unlikely to run to Earth as the only ones who know he's a double agent are the Earth-based Autobots, and it's not like they have any proof or anything. I mean, who are they going to tell, Sentinel and Magnus? Those two didn't even believe there were 'Cons on Earth until Startscream started handing them their asses.

Also, as has been stated already, the 'Cons don't really even need leadership. Blitz and Luggy are going to stick together. The Constructicons are going to stir up trouble anyway they can to get some sweet sweet oil. The 3 remaining SS clones will certain find ways to start trouble. Plus, Blackarachnia is still out there, too. Throw in Wasp, PCP, Meltdown, the SUV, Oil Slick, and even a one-off return of Soundwave, and there are plenty of adversarial story points for writers to touch on in Season 3 with out even hinting at a reconstitution of the Decepticons forces.

IMO, if they're going to use him at all, now is the perfect time to introduce Galvatron in any way other than as a present-day upgrade of Megatron... maybe as Megatron from the future or even just some murderous nutjob who only thinks he's Megatron from the future. Either way it would be cool if Galvy showed up with his Megatronness always being in question until the point where Meggy actually returns and puts a beatdown on him.

6. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I would like to see it as a free for all. Maybe Soundwave could come back and evolve and try to lead them...Shockwave could come to Earth to try, Swindle could show up, there are a lot of options and it could lead to some good eps with people vying for power.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I actually see Lugnut being able to smack everyone into place. I would believe it if Lugnut ends up being the leader that barely, with a lot of work, ends up trying desperately to keep the Decepticons unified and sticking with Megatron's master plan.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Just as the Decepticons are dispersed, so should be the story and the show.

Let's have an ep of Tcracker, Swarp, and Blurr to the exclusion of almost all others.
    Likewise, Megatron and SS, Omega Supreme, the Elite Guard, Shockwave, etc.

Remember, the Decepticons have not been a stable unit throughout TFA, and the writers have used this to spread them out as separate threats and stories. This has worked well.

No leadership = continuity of style with first two series. Season Three could end with the recovery of Megatron and his return to the Decepticon leadership.

9. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    This show, while the best iteration of TF in my eyes, still has a serious flaw. EVERYONE IS EVERYWHERE!

I wish all the Autobots in the show would fall in line, and stay at one base. This means the Dinobots, The Elite Guard, the five on earth, and Wreckgar. Same with Megatron, the Screamer clones, Swindle, Soundwave, Shockwave, and other Decepticons.

I am starting to miss the whole, tons of Autobots VS tons of Decepticons per episode.

I know these writers, and they write well, so I believe they could put the groups together instead of having one off episodes where joe blow Decepticon comes around, only to leave again for awhile.

I want to see both sides come together with more of their own factions. I mean, the Dinobots wear Autobot logos for some reason, so does Soundwave and such.

I hope in season 3 when they show one off Decepticons or Autobots, they finally join their side, so they can be in more episodes.

10. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave will :D 

11. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Shockwave is gonna be it. No doubt.

My only hope is that Megs and Starscream don't run into our old universe hopping friend out there. The two of them floating around in all of that junk reminded me of the aftermath of G1 Screamer needing to lighten the load in TFTM.

12. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I want Swindle to, if he wasn't dead.

Soundwave, same deal.

Lugnut I could see. Big tough and powerful.

Blitzwing, would lead the Decepticons into a dance party

Seekers... Together they could lead, probably not as one unless it's femmescream

Shockwave's the best choice.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Of the Decepticons left on Earth I'd say the female Starscream is the only one that has what it takes to be the leader since it takes several different skills to get the Decepticons to fall into line and follow you. Female charm, I'll shot in the face if you don't, offering up oil, I'm sure she can find ways to wrap the boys around her finger. Plus it would be sort of interesting if the Decepticons had a female leader.

Although with Soundwave being the revoltionary I could see him coming back and using the Decepticons for his grand vision.

Shockwave I guess it would depend on if they shifted him from double agent to right hand bot. He could work but he'd need just a bit more work than the female Starscream or Soundwave to take over.

Whoever gets it though it should be a fun fight to watch bots go for the top spots now that both Megatron and Starscream are out the picture for a while.

14. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Soundwave.

Until the obvious return of Megatron.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He isn't dead, anyone that paid attention to the episode could see the time-thing was temporary, there's also the fact we got to hear that eerie music when he was dragged off-screen aaaand the fact he's Derrick Wyatt's favorite character, he even said in his blog he was trying to get more and more screentime for our favorite arms-dealer.

16. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Of course, you're assuming that Megs and Screamer are stranded in deep space when we really don't know where they ended up. They could simply be floating on the outer edge of our solar system.

And I seriously doubt that Megs will held in place by the stasis cuffs for very long, especially with how quickly other, weaker Decepticons were able to break free. So even if he was in some far-flung section of space, it won't take him long to arrange communication with other Decepticons and make his back to Earth.

Either way, I wouldn't consider the return of Megatron early in the season to be cheap writing, as long as the explanation is logical and based on what has already been established.

As far as leadership, on Earth it would probably be Lady Starscream, possibly Soundwave for an episode or two (uncharismatic boor and all that).

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Galvatron!!!until Megatron kills him.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, at the CN panel at last Botcon they did mention that Shockwave & Soundwave would be figuring into Season Three pretty heavily (I believe their words were something along the lines of 'big plans for' when it came to those two) so it's not out of the question that one of them could totally become leader of the Decepticons in Megatron's absence.

I could also see Femmescream pulling it off. She'd certainly be able to find ways to wrap all the boys on Earth around her little fingers. The only thing that I think she's lacking is motivation... unless she desires to lead the Decepticons herself one day like Screamer.

Also, I wouldn't mind the idea of Galvatron showing up and claiming to be 'Megatron Reborn' and while the Decepticons and Autobots think that he really is the show would occasionally show us what is happening with the real Megatron. It would end with Megatron eventually returning to Earth and a huge battle break out between Megatron and Galvatron with the Autobots stuck in the middle again.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's not a flaw, though. It's part of the plot.

I think that Lugnut would probably step up and lead, or be a key factor in the Decepticons reforming.

-There's no way Shockwave is getting to Earth anytime soon.

-Blitzwing would most likely follow him. The two are best buds after-all and spent 50 steller cycles searching for Megatron, and even then Blitzwing thought Megs was dead and was out for revenge.

-Femmescream has no real motive, so she would most likely not immediately step up to lead. If she did she would most likely just ditch Lug's and Blitz and take the remaining clones off to nowhere.

-I don't know what the other clones would do. Maybe follow femmescream but with the liar you never know.

-This may all alter if say, Lockdown comes poking around again, or if Swindle comes back when the time lock wears off. (which it's most likely done by now) Not to mention new characters could show up.

20. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Lugnutz taking the leadership role except I don't see how he can persuade the the other to hold to the Decepticon (i.e. Megatron's) Cause aside from simple brute force... although there's nothing really wrong with that! :wink: 

If Lugnut does hold the 'Cons together out of sheer loyalty to Megatron and convinces them to carry their fallen leader's banner, I really hope it's out of Lugnut's strongly-held belief that Megatron is actually dead, a belief so strong that his loyalty to his dead master prevents him from believing Megatron is really alive and has returned when Megatron does eventually return, thereby putting them at odds with each other.