season 3 last season

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by brollicon, Mar 26, 2009.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

in the original transformers season 3 was the last season well we all know the headmasters saga was 4 but to be honest u might as well say season 3 was the offiial last one. since animated is following alot of the original transformers characters you might as well suggest season 3 is the last season.

2. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

Anyone else getting a psj333 vibe here?

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    42 does not equal 98.

G1 had 98 episodes, Beast Wars 3 seasons tally up to 52 episodes. So, 3 seasons doesn't mean much, it's the episode count that does.

4. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know Season Three is the last season. Stop reminding me! :cry 

5. Maer.sweden

Maer.sweden Active Member

Is it confirm that season 3 it´s the last season? Or is it just a suspicion? It´s happened before that they try to deceive us to think they gone for good, and then it shows to be confidence trick.

I have never work with film but I understand that it´s ridiculous to lay so much money and work to create new characters, and then they just show them in 5 seconds and then we never see them again. Ridiculous.

I have saide it before and I say it again:I´ts impossible that they actually make about 15-17 new characters (both decepticons, autobots and predacons) and then they not show them all(ordely-like a introduce) because the season have only 13 episodes, and if all new characters would be showen (orderly-not just stay in the backgrund and say maybe 2 words), they have to double the episode quantity. Or make a new season.If the internet hasen´t say the names of the characters, we probably never find it out either.Because they don´t say Hotshots namne in the episode, or am I wrong? It´s the internet who give us the answer, not the episode!So you can find info about them in the internet, but they would not introduce them orderly in the right way!In the episodes!

The next episode I wait for is “Predacons Rising”, maybe we see waspinator. But for what? They show him in one episode, then we maybe not see him again. In transformers Armada (forexample) they showed the new ones all the times. When Jetfire has his debute, he returned again in the next episode, and the next one. Also Thrust was there to stay.

Of course I will gladly wait and see all the episodes first before I say to much. But if I think logical, it´s not normally that they have the time (13 episodes-hello)to show all new fresh characters-it´s not gonna happened.

So all Wheeljack lovers, Hotshot lovers, Strika lovers our Brawn lovers-it´s probably obvious that you don’t see special much of these. The season only have 13 episodes, and it counting down fast!

I think and hope for a season 4. It must be a sequel to this, it´s totally bizarre if they won´t take care of all new material (characters).
    -So much waste if they throw it away.Are they made of money or what?

6. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We honestly don't have any idea one way or another. There used to be evidence that season 3 would be the last, but all of it ended up being people overreacting.

7. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

There are to my knowledge 3 things that have been the basis for season 3 being the last season of Animated

1) That those who are known to have inside info on that sort of thing claim that season 4 is not currently in production.

2) That Marty Isenberg was asked to vacate his office at CN

3) That certain story elements that where interpreted to be hooks for season 4 had een removed from season 3.

Whats interesting is that much of the issues concerning season 4 not being in production seem to revolve around the premise that season 4 should air in the second half of 09 and thus it not already being in production means that it cant be coming this year.
    Personelly I believe this is due to season 1 & 2 being aired in the same year so people expected 2 seasons a year but to give another example Season 1 of BW was 26 episodes while season 2 which didnt come until the following year was only 13 same with season 3.
    I think if season 1 & 2 had been called season 1 this wouldnt have ended up being an issue.

Marty Isenberg is working as a freelancer that he was given office space at all was likely gravy it simply could have been that CN found a better use fo said space.

Finally the story elements that were removed were revealed by the same source to have been removed for time reasons not to cut any plot hooks for season 4.

So in reality there really isnt as much evidence as people seem to think that season3 will be the last, we were told all along that Animated would run concurrently with the movie line but that its number of releases would be reduced.

I still have hope that it seems to make sense to stick with Animated until the movies have largely run there course to put out a whole new line for 2010 then have it cut off for the 3rd movie in 2011 (yes I know its 2012 now) doesnt seem to make much sense IMO it would make far more sense for Hasbro to stick with Animated instead of launching something new as another inbetweener line but I guess we all just have to and see and hopefully at Botcon Hasbro will give us some idea of what is actually going on with transformers beyond the movie stuff.

8. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Four. The apparent cancellation of the toyline was what really blew it out of proportion, but it later turned out to be a misunderstanding.

9. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Yes your quite right I forgot that the 'discontinued' info from stores such as K-Mart and target and the HD Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock preorders being cancelled at BBTS added more fuel to the the doomsayers fire.

Honestly I dont know what the future of Animated is or if it has one and half the time I feel like the endless "Animated is over" is an amusing mixture of people attempting to keep their hopes low so they arent dissapointed, mass hysteria and the occasional fuel thrown in by the haters who actually want it to end.

10. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally, I'll be waiting for the season 3 finalie before I decide whether or not it's cancelled.

jD001

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

My head hurt just reading all of that. But I think I got the gist of it.

It could return after ROTF comes out. But it'll never be what it was before.
    That I'm sure of.

Meanwhile I'll go watch the newest episode today at 11pm on Cartoon Network West. (I get that on my DirecTV) and think of the foolishness these networks do in the name of money.