Season 3 characters in "Classic" line?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Brave Magnus, May 29, 2006.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I'm happy with the "Classics" toys but there is something I must ask: Hot Rod will be the only character from Season 3 in the line? I'm sure that he is part of the first wave because of his popularity, but I want to think that the other characters will be released at some point.
    If I have to be honest I want a decent Springer toy. I love the character and the good thing about him is that both alt.modes look awesome. That and the fact he is a swordsman makes him one of my favorites. :thumb 
    I don't know, perhaps Hot Rod will be the only one for the "Classic" line but I want the rest of the crew too.
    A decent Arcee toy would be great too, that transformable version somewhere in the net it's awesome and the bot mode looks nice too. Don't say no to me. :D 
    What else? Ultra Magnus!!!! But it has to be Ultra Magnus and not just a white repaint of Prime. Or is a repaint it's released at least Hasbro must add the Trailer.
    Kup, Wheelie and Blurr are not my favorites but for the fans who likes them a new mold for them will be nice I guess.
    And that's just for the Autobots, for the Decepticons let's see:
    Galvatron....I don't know about this. If the new mold is better than the original I would buy it, the original toy is kinda lame.
    Cyclonus it's a good option. :thumb 
    Octane!!!! Poor loser but I want one. And just like Springer I don't mind if he is not released as a triple changer.
    This is what I think. Like I said before maybe this characters won't be released at all but who knows?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I love Octane and Springer I would like to see them as classic or re-issued.

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Springer has a chance as he is a triple changer & played a part in the movie so that would make him a good "equal" (for want of a better word) to take Astrotrains place in wave 2.

4. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I'm dying to get a Scourge with a proper devil-look. I think they could even go to season 4 with success. I wouldn't mind a new Triggerhappy or Chromedome.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I think the best gestalt to remake would be Predaking!!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    From what I understand, the Titanium version will be based on the G1 version. So while it's not a Classics version, you're likely to get what you want!

I'd love to see a new Springer in Classics. Leaving out the character, he's got a cool design going. Cavalier swordsman, helicopter and racer mode. That just screams cool.
    I would like an Arcee, but I think it was confirmed that only characters who had toys in G1 would be done, so Arcee is probably not happening.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like a Kup figure.. Something like an old El Camino for him..

Springer would also be great as would Octane..

8. Nightscream

Ebay:
    But transformers aren't transformers unless they transform. And he really doesn't have to be a bayou ferrari.

9. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Seconded. :D 

10. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

The great thing abpout a good portion of the movie characters is that they all have cybertronian alt modes, which means there is very little reason that they couldn't be completely show accurate. I would love to see:

Galvatron: Not as a remold of Megatron, because that just wouldn't work. Make him Bot show accurate and tweak the alt. mode if necessary.

Cyclonus: I see no reason why this design could not be done completely accurate in both modes.

Scourge: Being done in the titanium line, so there's no need to do him here.

Kup: I loved the grizzled old fart as a kid. Basic, sleek design should mean an accurate, articulate bot mode as well.

Springer: More complex, especially as a triple changer. Might not lend itself to complete show accuracy. Still, is he really popular enough to warrant an appearance in the line?

I would only want to see an Ultra Magnus (whiny little bitch that he is) IF they actually did ULTRA Magnus. If it's just going to be a white prime repaint, I'll pass.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Uh, my apologies. I meant in the larger scale, which do transform. He's in a wave with Optimal Optimus, which would make him the fifth or sixth release.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The six inch titanimums do transform. Now, you'll take your death soap, and you'll like it. :p 

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I like a lot of the season 3 characters. I'd love to see more of them besides just Hod Rod in the classics line.

14. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to see Ultra Huffer. :) 

Springer would be awesome. :) 
    Cyclonus, damn, soooo many I want remade. :) 

15. Nightscream

Ebay:
    Gulp. Aaargh. I suck. You guys rule. But a 6" diecast transforming Scourge will rule much more!

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I bet there will be atleast one more seeker in the second wave, question is ...Thundercracker or Skywarp ??

I would really like to see them do some of the firs and second season bots before they hit season 3, many of the classic figs needs a better mold like Ironhide, God his G1 bot mode is ugly same goes for Ratchet. and of course a classic Shockwave and Soundwave.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    arcee that looks like arcee

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love many of the movie and post movie characters. However I don't want to see the floodgates opened yet. I don't even like that Hot Rod is given priority above someone like Ironhide or Prowl or Jazz. I'd prefer Hasbro flesh out the pre-movie group as much as they can before moving on to later characters.

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me first echo the desire here to get a Springer made. He has always been my favorite Tripplechanger. Hell, I'd take a Broadside. (but only if he were the same size as Tidal Wave)

That said, I'd like just about any TF made in this line based on what we've all seen so far. This is about the best line I've could have ever hoped for. Yes, Alts. are wicked cool, but they are expensive and a little too complex for day to day play. Let's be brutally honest here, G1 was an awesome toyline for its day. But it is a little lacking when compaired to todays styled toys.

This line gives fans of yesterday and today a wonderful line with which to bring us all together.

This line WILL be a hit.

Kids will like them for their play value and collectors will fight them in the asiles for their collections. All of which should lead Hasbro to continue producing the line. And with todays series so Mini-con savy, it wouldn't take much to include faithful representations of Head/Targetmasters later on down the line.

20. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I'd throw Sharkticon into the mix, instant reason to buy more than one.