Season 3 as it's own series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by weeklyhero, May 15, 2008.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Personally, I think the transition from season 2 and the movie and season 3 is much too abrasive. I think they should have made the third season it's own series like the seperation of Beast Wars and Beast Machines. The third season would have benefited a lot from a seperate series, because they practically reinvented the series anyway. Amp up the publicity with a new series name. What should season 3 have been called if it was a seperate series?

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    2010! :lol 

3. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

They thought that if they had done that , that kids may not watch it like they did the first 2 seasons.

4. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

In the thread about the hatred for Season 3, I said this exact same thing.. I think that's where they went wrong as well. As for a name.. The year seems pretty good to me.. Transformers 2005 (wasn't that the date in the movie?), or whatever. Or perhaps Transformers: Generation 2, which for a long time I thought it WAS when i first got back into the fandom, having forgot totally about the line relaunce in the early 90s. :lol 

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And where it you learn this tasty tidbit of info?

Though a new series would have been a great idea for the third season. Plus, a commitment from the network for more than one season we might have had Headmasters.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The Japaness aready made a 3nd Season Show called "Transformers:2010" they so call Rodimus Prime as "Rodimus Convoy" becose that they didn't see the 1986 Movie.

7. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2010 did amazingly well. Just notice that the cartoon died in the US, but lasted for another 3 years in Japan.

8. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

What??

The Japanese always call any Prime "Convoy." And the people who made the shows did see the movie...the Japanese people who watched did not until much later. So this post makes no sense at all.

ANYWAY...

I don't see any reason that S3 should've been a separate show other than complaints from G1 Season 1 diehards who can't accept it when a story moves on. (I seriously believe that some G1'ers would rather see the same story told over and over and over again, which is why every time there's a new Transformers comic series, movie or show, we have to be told each time how the hell it was that TFs got here to earth. Just can't get enough MTMTE.)

9. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Whoa, hold on here a sec. I can accept that the story moves on, in fact I like when it does. I'm not saying they need to seperate season 3 into its own series because it was substandard or too different. I wanted them to make it its own series to show a shift in its focus. Do you think Beast MAchines should have just been Beast Wars season 4? BM still had a lot of the same characters along with a lot of new ones and had a shift in setting from Earth to Cybertron. Didn't season 3 have almost the exact same shift? So why couldn't it have had a new name, which by the way, is the ONLY change I'm talking about?

10. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

That did happen in Japan. Season 3 thee was called Transformers 2010.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I believe they started making the movie somewhere in the beginning/middle of season 2, that is why many of the new bots you see at the end of the season 2 are not in the movie, and why they used Devastator instead of one of the new combiners. The Japanese used Scramble City to kind of connect season 2 and the movie. This info is somewhere on the commentary for the anniversary DVD from Sony. I don't really think the movie team and cartoon team really collaborated much.

Abrupt was the point of the movie. People were no longer buying Optimus Prime and other older characters, so they just killed them off to showcase the new product.

As for the name, they probably just left it the same to avoid confusion.

12. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Agreed. It was very disjointed in how it came across. I really like Season 3 but I view it as seperate from Season 1 and 2.

13. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

they should've had season 3 be set before the movie, and have the movie be seen as "the last Transformers Story" or "The End" similar to what Marvel has done with Hulk, FF, the X-Men and the like. However, the writers at the time didn't think outside the box like that.

This is why I'm glad that IDW's G1 is starting from scratch, and I hope whatever company that picks up GI Joe does the same thing.

14. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Transformers: The Movie did not air in Japan until sometime around "Transformers: Victory" was airing.

"Transformers: 2010" was because no one had any idea who these characters were, where they came from, etc.

Why do you think in "Headmasters" it starts off with a short-re-telling of the history of the Transformers till that point?

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

amercian fort maxiums is stupid and i wish see japanese fort maxiums insted of amercian fort maxiums and japanese fort maxiums got master sword

16. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I hate to burst your bubble, but I've seen both versions, and japanese Fort Max is pretty useless.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They might have left it its own series due to syndicating the series. Calling S3 Transformers just like S1 & S2 makes it add to the amount of total Transformers episodes that can be shown. Calling it its own series might lead to some channels not showing 2 shows. If they are contracted to air TF: 2006, the old TF series might not be able to be shown. Might be similar to Star Trek. If a station is contracted to show Star Trek, they just can show Star Trek, not episodes of DS9, Voyager, or TNG.

18. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

japanese autobot headmasters and japanese autobo targetmasters from planet master and japanese deception headmasters and japanese deception targetmasters from planet hive