Season 2 toys discontinued

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I dont understand how come some Season 2 Autobots died when these toys came out in the begining of season 2 like: Tracks, Hoist, Grapple, Inferno, Red Alert, Smockescrean how can they be discontinued when they were the 86 toy line but we have the likes of Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust, Astrotrain, Blitzwing in season 3 how come they arent discontinued?? HASBRO = Decepticon fan.

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yep you figured it out. Hasbro is secretly run by the Decpticons. Now if I were you I would run. Those green construction vehicles outside your house are more than meets the eye....

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

In Classics/Generations , the Autobots are continued pretty well.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The original "checklist" did have all those guys in it for 1986.... Where the heck did I see that?

5. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Simple. All the Decepticons you listed were in the movie. The only Autobot exception is Grapple, who appeared in the movie. The reason being was that the Movie was written at the beginning of season 2, and those Autobots weren't included because they didn't appeare in the cartoons yet.

6. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but then none of them appeared in Season 3

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

None of these Autobots fied.

They were planned to die but didnt.

For the record, none of the season 2 bots died.

Because they were all based on old molds.

Not only were the deaths of Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust also planned for the film, if you look at the Unicron attacks cybertron scenes, you'll see that Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust seem to be killed.

As to why they returned, Decepticons are out numbered by Autobots in the toyline

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In an interesting ripple, in the UK's comics that reference the "future" (i.e. a G1 season 3-ish 2006), Red Alert seems to have a high rank and prominence alongside Kup, Blurr, Arcee, etc., and I believe Inferno and Smokescreen had a big role in one story.

Also, maybe that's why Grapple and Tracks appear in "Rodimus vs. Cyclonus!" (Not really, but still funny.)

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always believed the missing City Autobots decided not to work for Rodmus Prime. Jazz lead them as Earth protectors.

10. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Red Alert and Smocksrean died in the movie after the script, and the Autobot you see lying dead before Arcee pulls Windcharger was supposed to be Smockscrean laying dead and not Wheeljack. Wheeljack was ment to appear in season 3

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

"after the script"???

Dont you mean in the script?The only thing after the script is the finished film...and we know they didnt die in the finished film.

And BTW,which script?There were at least 3 different working versions of the script.No less, they place Smokescrean dieing exactly in the place we ended uo seeing Wheeljacks body, who, by the way, wasnt scripted or story boarded to die.

What is scripted is not canon, they are not in continuity, it is work product.There are any number of scripts to any film or episode of and series, they go thru many changes till they see production.Scripts/storyboards do not count twards what happen in the finished product.

So I repeat, Smokescrean,Red Alert were not killed nor were any season 2 bots.
    I hope this doesnt sound rude .........Who are you to say who was "supposed" die?

Do you work for Hasbro or Marvel or Sunbow?As I said before, there were many different scripts, on had Optimus surviving his fight, combining with Cybertron and forming a giant robot to fight Unicron.

An other script featured the Ani-Bots, 5 Autobot animals, a lion,a bull,an eagle,a rhino and a panther that formed a big robot [sounds like the Predicons dont it?]These scripts and ideas were dropped by the time it went to production...just like Smokescreans death.

But that doesnt mean it was "supposed" to happen.It means they considered it and then changed their minds.

I have never seen any evidence that they ever intended on useing Wheeljack in any season 3 episode.Not once in the almost 25 years or research into the topic have I seen evidence they planned to use wheeljack.

Not once ,when I was working in the file room of Marvel comics Manhattan office, did I find any material that even came close to suggesting they planned to use him.

And I found a few templates to what they wanted to do after season 3 [wish I copied them]

But fine, your claiming they planned to use Wheeljack in season3.

Back it up.Provide proof of it.

I would love to learn something new.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Wheeljack did show up in Victory but then again the Japanese resurrected bots with no explanation. (IE: Prowl being in Headmasters)

13. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

There's a perfectly reasonable explaination, and I'm quite surprised that you don't know it. Japan didn't get TF:TM until '89 so they didn't know those characters were supposed to be dead.

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

then how did they knew Prime died?

15. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    But they DID get season 3 (dubbed as "Transformers: 2010"), which DID take place after the film. Regardless of when the feature film came out, they still got season 3 dubbed without change, and thus the events of the feature film ARE canon even in the Japanese dub.
    And the start of season 3 establishes Prime as being dead, and in another episode, Prowl is cited BY NAME among the dead.

So why did dead characters reappear? Because Transformers was and always is a vehicle to sell kids transforming robot toys and the people making the cartoons just did not care about prior continuity enough to worry about who died when.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They got season 3/

BTW, wheres that evidence?

Actually there was some changes....but not regarding this topic.

And thou you can say the events of the film still happened, they still didnt have most of the details.
    Right....in English.

Not sure about Prowl, but not every G1 character had the same name in Japanese as they did in English.

17. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    WIKI'D!
    (Taken from the first episode of Headmasters on the TF Wiki)
    Although he does not speak, Prowl appears quite prominently in a few scenes, despite his death in the movie. The fact that the movie had not yet been released in Japan at this point is often cited as a reason for this, but Prowl's name was included on the list of dead Autobots in the Japanese dub of "Dark Awakening", so they did know.
    :p  (Unless the wiki is wrong, in which case it should be corrected)

18. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Despite what wiki opinion states, I still think its an issue of translation.I dont believe Marvel/Sinbow would send full translations of every script to Takaras dubbing company.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

There is an episode in season 3 where the Quints find Optimus' dead body and resurect him zombie style to try and eliminate the Autobots. The zombie-Prime eventually turns good again and proceds to fly a shuttle into an exploding star, thus sealing his death yet again. At least until Hasbro realized killing off Optimus Prime had been a bad idea from the start and brought him back. Again.

There's also the japanese videogame "Convoy no Nazo/Mystery of Convoy (or "Comvoy" according to the packaging)" where Magnus investigates the death of Optimus Prime. It was created to fill in the gap between seasons 2 and 3 and...well...I'll let TJOmega take it from here:

YouTube - ‪Plastic Addict 10: Convoy No Nazo‬‏

Wow. I knew about the Anibots, but I didn't know Wheeljack wasn't supposed to "die" nor the whole "Optimus combines with Cybertron bit. Guess you do learn something every day.

Wow. That's seriously cool.:thumb 

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Well in all honesty, its hard to tell what scripts are 100% legit and which arent.

But the script went trew many changes, and I wouldnt say Wheeljack wasnt "supposed" to dies, but it wasnt scripted or storyboards to happen when the finished film suggest it did.

Maybe they wanted to kill him later in the film, so far there arent any storyboards I have found that pass the Decepticon upgrade shots.
    at times.

Stan Lee took me to lunch twice.