Season 2 Premiere - Orion Pax pt 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Xaddion, Feb 18, 2012.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No,not anymore anyway.

Arcee on the other hand......

[​IMG]

So....Yeah good luck avoiding her when she goes after you two!:lol 

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:

Just because I'm naturally pedantic, I'll throw some numbers out there, strictly for this point in your post and for any interested. :) 

"Screentime", in this case, is whenever a character is visible on screen - robot or vehicle mode - or if they speak a line, but are not visible for certain shots (as long as the focus is on them as a character).

Movie 1: ~9 min 45 sec (now, a good 2 minutes of that is purely him as a Camaro in the first act, before the audience actually gets a look at his true form)
    RotF: ~6 min 46 sec
    DotM: ~8 min 40 sec

*And to answer the possible question, YES. I actually did sit down with a stopwatch and time the characters. I'm lame, yes, I know.

One would be completely correct in saying that "oh, well, like 2 minutes of each of those is just him as a GM commercial!". Just chillin' in vehicle mode. But that doesn't make him not-Bumblebee. He's still there. We all know he's still that character, whether he's with Sam, killing 'Cons or curbside. I still count it. You don't say that Indiana Jones isn't there if we see him sleeping. We still see him. He's still the focus. And even removing those couple of minutes of vehicle mode would still leave a good 4-7 minutes of purely robot mode. It's no different than a character standing in the background while someone else gets the spotlight.

Bumblebee is more-or-less the robot character with the second-highest ranking screentime in all three films (actually, third in DotM, after both of the Primes). Now, some people may be thinking that 6-10 minutes for a character in a 2+ hour movie is "very little", but it's actually not. Optimus Prime gets between 9-14 minutes in the three films, and he's pretty "main". Use this same method of timing a character's screentime for any other movie, and you'll find that even Darth Vader's screentime in A New Hope would probably only tally up to the 8-15 minute mark. Davy Jones in Dead Man's Chest? Again, most likely 5-15 minutes once you add it up. Aslan in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe? Probably 6-10 minutes, if he was lucky. Heck, even the Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park (arguably the star of the movie and a very present force and character) only has about 5 minutes of "screentime". They're only one of many characters, not present for every. single. scene. Only if you go and time Hugh Jackman in X-Men Origins: Wolverine or Tony Stark/Iron Man in Iron Man would you get numbers in excess of 40 minutes.

Just food for thought when people think about a character's "presence" or "screentime" in a movie.

3. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Bravo, Tyler, bravo. Now I want to time Ironhide's screentime in the movies. :eek: 

Kaiju, some friendly advice. That's why people call you obsessive and a white knight, even creepy. We all know you're joking around but by the end, it seems like you really do believe she exists and it is really creepy. Imagining yourself having a conversation with your favourite character is okay, frankly I like to think of what I would say if I ever met Ironhide. But consistently posting it and as if she is also posting is really creepy. I'm sorry.

4. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Didn't think this needed its own topic, so I thought I'd post it here. Jeff Kline mentioned in a recent interview that who will be taking up leadership of the Autobots with Optimus' current condition will "be a major storyline in season two." That seems to be leaning towards Optimus not getting his memories back by the end of this three-parter. Hmm...

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I think that could have got it's own topic, because as far as I'm aware that interview hasn't been posted here before. Also, totally loving that shot of a Decepticon insignia-clad Orion Pax.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. Anyway, the idea of Unicron being the earth is an interesting twist that greatly adds to the mythology of Transformers. I feel they took a risk and it paid off.

I wonder what other interesting twists and additions to the mythology the writers can put.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

They don't need good luck, they just need a Soundwave XD

8. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

That would be awesome.

9. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Oh how I long for a soundwave related episode. Hes always been in someones shadow since G1. Of least he's a bamf Troll In this episode.

10. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I don't think I've seen that interview, maybe you should post it in the news section.

This perks my curiosity...makes it sound like Optimus might not be back for a while.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    That quote actually is quite interesting. Gives me hope that this storyline won't be resolved by the end of this three-parter.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Jack's key could always... fail to work.

Or they can just never get the chance to use it on him due to Megatron kidnapping him or something.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, the descriptions for part three are along the lines of
    Optimus rebels against Megatron/stops following Megatron's orders"
    so who knows. Perhaps he just goes off on his own like Starscream, or maybe he'll rebel for a bit and then get persuaded into joining Megs again.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I hope this happens kinda like in ROTf with Sam finding the Allspark and it just crumbles to dust.

15. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Don't mean to sound offensive, but did you mean the Matrix?

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    >"OPTIMUS I'M HERE TO USE THE KEY ON YOU!"
    >*Key inexplicably crumbles into a fine powder*
    >sadjack.jpg

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Little snipping, keeping only TF related info...

TM--This is the most un-lame info I've seen on the boards in some time!! :thumb 
    I know it's more movie related than TFP, but I rarely venture into that forum anymore and would have missed this awesome tidbit.
    Sadly, now that I've seen this...I'm even more discouraged that our Transformers will ever be the STARS of a feature film named after them. SMH.
    Damn....all the more reason to watch this series (TFP) vs the movies anytime.. certainly we have much more bot action and on screen time in TFP..even if it isn't always our favorite bots.

*hats off to TM and his stop watch*

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  18. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I really liked the episode & these parters are REALLY getting me HOOKED.
    And I want to express my love for arcee so.....

[​IMG]
    :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: 

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I just realized that it's Friday... which means part 2 should be on tomorrow. I don't know where the week went but I'm sure glad it went.

20. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    I knew it! I fahking knew it! Hahahahahahaha! Fahk yes!

/partydances/