Season 2 or 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by LynKey, Sep 19, 2016.

1. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

Hi,

wenn Season 2 was anounst, the news said it would have 19 Episodes, inkluding a movie and since we only got 13 this far I was wondering: Do you think the new ones are the six we┬┤re still missing or has there been a change in plans?

2. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Not sure. It's being aired as Season 2, but it was announced as Season 3 on SDCC. We're just rolling with it.

3. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TVGuide.com has History Lessons listed as season 2, episode 14, but then the blurb says it's the season 3 premiere:
    Transformers: Robots in Disguise

I'm going to figure the blurb is either copied or paraphrased from material sent out by Cartoon Network, so if they're treating it as season 3, that's good enough for me.

4. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

I just figure this is one of those times "production season" and "air date season" differ. It was all produced as one long season 2, but the delay in airing the back half has artificially produced an "extra season."

Something like this happened with Justice League. When it premeired, CN released the show very slowly, so that by the time it hit it's summer break, only half of season one had aired. When it resumed the next fall, they promoted it as "season 2" but it was just the back half of season one. Today, all those episodes are considered season one.

The only thing that gives me pause and makes me think this might be different with RID is that episodes twelve and thirteen ended the status quo of the season to that point and resolved that story line, while 14 establishes a new story line, with the minicons and power surge and tech hunting Decepticons.

5. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The show's production team referred to these episodes as being season 3 as well when showing the trailer at SDCC.