Season 2 Is Disappointing So Far

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I did not feel Orion Pax 1-3 was epic and deserving of a Season 2 opener. These episodes were not epic and anything special, especially when you compare them to the last Season 1 episodes. Jack going to Cybertron: so what? Really. I think they only put him into a space suit to try to force a "this is so dangerous and astonishing" attitude in the audience's mind. But once Jack used the key to download the Matrix back into Prime, he wasn't even acknowledged or thanked for what he did. It was just a non-issue. They went against Unicron in season 1 only to go back to the same old formula in Season 2. Nothing interesting was revealed. No interesting plotlines other than making us wonder what those artifacts of Iacon are. Just more meh. The episodes weren't bad. They would have made good middle of the season episodes. They were just not worthy of finale or opening episodes.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

With all the wasted potential lately, I bet we'll never see a Cliffjumper flashback episode. :(  And we know they'd make up some BS like "We couldn't afford the rock."

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You would only be satisfied if the episode involved Elita One making out with the dudes from X-Files.

4. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You're really sick! Really! The things that go through your mind. And everyone thought the Jack making out with Arcee stuff is sick. Back on topic, no I wasn't expecting Mulder and Scully or Elita One to show up. That would be awesome, but no. What I was expecting was a three-parter that was more epic than the Season 1 finale episodes. Generally you try to out do the previous season finale with the next season. I don't care what the writers said. They lied to us. The Season 2 opening episodes were NOT more epic than the Season 1 finale episodes. They were not finale or opener material. Jack going to Cybertron and Optimus losing his memories is NOT more epic than battling Unicron. The writers should not have put Unicron in the first season. That's hard to surpass. Unicron should have been saved for the third or fourth season. If Unicron wasn't in Season 1, than this might have been an interesting opening episode.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I realize this series is just about cool CGI and interesting action sequences. This is pretty much what the movies would be like if they were cartoons.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I want the show to continue for a long time. That means more toys! Seriously, everyone needs a PRID Wheeljack in their collection. All he's missing is a bicep swivel. I want more.

7. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Why do I get the feeling that Spunky is 80% right?!

:cry 

8. Dark Neptune

Dark Neptune Autocon

That's why we need new characters fast to increase the diversity of the plotline. Can't believe the creators bothered to give BB the spotlight for 2 episodes.

9. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

The episodes are good, imo, but they just aren't realizing their full potential. While I knew that the Orion thing wouldn't last more than a season opener, it would be interesting to keep it up to the middle of the season.

But ... let's face it. The way Megatron handled Prime's amnesia was great, but it was doomed to be short. Orion would never be allowed to leave the Nemesis because the whole propaganda Megs fed Orion would be sure to fail with Autobot interaction. Whenever Orion would join Knockout and Breakdown on a mission, the Autobots would go "OPTIMUS IT'S US!!" whenever they saw him. After a few times, this would go confusing for Orion, and tiresome for us.

A complete memory wipe and re-format of Prime, turning him into a Nemesis Prime, so to speak, would work better, but then the Autobots would be so overmatched that without new Bots, they would be wasted in 2 eps.

That's what I think, anyway.

10. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Why is it that The Fanbase seems to be so Unhappy with everything given to them lately?

11. soundwaverulls

Because things aren't looking up lately. Some crappy toys, the cancellation of toys, FOC Bruticus having its colour changed to looks horrible and TFP wasting giant potential. We're not going to just ignore the bad.

If you want a happy fandome, you'll have to wait for some good news.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I don't think it could have been handled any other way, honestly.
    In the past, I was rolling my eyes by how fast it was going to just blow over, but now I realize that if it had gone on for much longer that it would have gotten very tedious very fast and the focus on the plot line would prohibit any other stories from developing. Good on the writers for realizing what us fans could not. In terms of pacing, what they've done is perfect.

13. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    You are right, What We Are getting is not exactly good quality. I just am not a fan of negativity :p 

14. soundwaverulls

Wish I could be like that.

15. EmbraceThePurpl

EmbraceThePurpl Purple Dinosaur

I was highly dissapointed in the season openers....

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Three episodes in and you are disappointed? Wow. We've seen what? 12% of the season? Were you expecting Primus to awaken and smite Megatron or something a little less grand? I think someone might have been expecting a bit too much for a season opener.

17. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

I thought they were good. U gotta remember tho that these are made for kids to watch on cartoon network or nickelodeon so the storylines aren't going to be perfect.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I am not disappointed by the season so far. I think 2 of the episodes have been great and the third was perfectly decent if not amazing.

But I guess everything is relative.

For example, these first 3 episodes of TFP season 2 haven't been the immediate jump forward in greatness that Animated season 2 was (imo), right out of the gate. They've been about the same level of good that TFP season 1 was throughout the year. So, if you were expecting things to suddenly get better like Animated did in its second season, I guess you could be a little disappointed in that.

But I wouldn't be. TFP season 2 is still a solid and entertaining show so far.

19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...the season just started. The three episodes were part of the same story. We haven't even begun to see past the surface, yet.

What the hell do people want?!

I felt it was rushed in spots, I also felt that dragging the overall story arc over SIX episodes and a season break was excessive. (Yes, I count it as six because it all started with Unicron and ended with Prime recovering his mind.)

However...

The action was good.
    Megatron received more screen than ever.
    Starscream came back. (Yay!)
    It was cool to see Cybertron.

There's the fallout and the aftermath, both of which we haven't seen yet. Maybe they won't touch on it, I mean it is Kurtzman and co., maybe they will. The season's just started and they had to finish the story arc.

Give 'em a chance, geez.

I don't like that the next two episodes are an arc consisting of a 2-parter, I really don't see a need for that so soon, but it might be handled well. Who knows?

This season could suck, sure. Doesn't mean it will. Patience.

20. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

People complain BB isn't an interesting character. The writers give him some development to make him more interesting and people still complain.

I'm enjoying Season 2 so far. I didn't like Part 3 as much as Parts 1 and 2, but it was still good fun. Loved the reappearance of the Scraplets, and I loved how dangerous they've made Megatron. He took on 2 Autobot warriors (and poor Ratchet) and still won.