Season 2 is better than Season 1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, May 6, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Anyone with me on this. Season 1 was mostly mehtacular between Masters and Builders up till Crisscross but everyone think since the One shall Rise saga and on afterwards sucks now oh and mcguffin hunts are boring.

Yeah I admit TFA did a better job where we are now but since this is the future of the franchise I think we should accept this show for what it is and have fun with it instead of drinking ourselves to death with every little thing the show does wrong....

Also the fact Shockwave is comming is gonna end up getting you all on the same page as I? I can't wait....

2. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too soon?

I'll wait until all episodes have aired before saying which is better than which.

3. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Could switching to GEICO really save you 15% or more on car insurance?

Did Season one of Transformers Prime really do better then The seecond ?

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Season one didn't kill off a character with a ton of unfinished plot points. Reason one why I like Season one more.

5. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No. Not even close.

6. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    They can still do a lot with Breakdown. When they Silas online in his body....we could potientially see Breakdown's memory/personality component rebooted and they could develop a split personality and we could finally get the 411 on Him and Bulkhead's beef with one another.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They could've made things a lot easier for themselves by keeping him alive and using Nemesis Prime as Silas' new body.

8. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Yeah good point.....

But still This season from then on has been getting better I find. I find I'm not just saying Meh anymore....unfortunatley this is only now everyone is starting to go meh. It sucks that's i'm the only guy enjoying the show.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm liking it better than Season 1's beginning so far, but it's hard to say if it will be better WITHOUT seeing the whole thing. Orion Pax three-parter compared to Darkness Rising for example, I found Orion Pax much more fun than DR, so there's that, but I REALLY liked the last lap of Season 1, I don'tk now if season 2's last lap will be as good as Season 1's.

THE THING that I dig a lot about S2 so far though is how every episode is leading into the next. Every single one was connected so far and that's pretty cool, I mean, not saying Season 1 didn't have continuity too, but season 2 is feeling like each episode happens the very next day.

10. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    seaon 2 isn't over yet. problem with season 2 is that people expect to much, They make up there own synopsis and expect every episode to turn out epic and when they don't get that they make 20 threads abouts " Why don't this work, What they did wrong". Season 2's weakest episode to me was armarda but I like every other one but until the last episode wont no.

11. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Season 2 feels more connected than season 1, plus season 2 had Loose Cannons and Crossfire

12. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    While I will totally agree that the "OMG! We have to beat the Decepticons to get ahold of the ancient Cybertronian _____!" plot point is getting stupidly repetitive, season 1 didn't have Dreadwing. Advantage season 2.

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying the crap out of the series regardless of which season.

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I think they're about the same. Mostly good episodes with a few mediocre ones sprinkled in.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. Season 1 seemed kind of fillerish but at I found most of the episodes to be more fun. While in season 2 everything seems a bit more plot based but goddamn if I don't get bored. Orion Pax was a disappointment because all what was gained from it were more relic hunt episodes. Bumblebee two parter was decent. Loose Cannons was pretty good. Crossfire was excellent. But everything after that = mediocre at best

16. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Unless someone dies at a ripe old age on their death bed, seeing death's embrace slowly closing in, they probably arent going to have all of their lives matters closed up in a neat and tidy manner. The fact that they did not close out all of his unfinished plot points made the death that much more of a surprise, and that much more realistic.

My only disappointment with the series, is way too many MacGuffin chases. Not that its abnormal for the franchise. G1 was all about Energon Cubes. So far in season 2 we've had (with the inclusion of the next 3 episodes) about as many MacGuffins as we did in the entire season 1. I keep hoping for overall plot arc to develop, however this is a kids show, and American TV producers (not writers) pretty much believe that all of American society, and especially children cant hang on to serialized television very well, and it makes bringing in new viewership more difficult. However Avatar: The Last Airbender pulled it off pretty well.

17. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'm enjoying season 2 about as much as I enjoyed season 1.

18. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Season 2 is really sucking so far compared to the previous season.

Orion Pax 3 parter - Disappointing, boring, predictable
    Operation Bumblebee 2 parter - Decent but part 2's end was too predictable
    Loose Cannons - Alright.
    Crossfire - Awesome.
    Nemesis Prime - Predictable and boring, except for the final shot...
    Grill - More entertaining than the Orion Pax episodes and actually good.
    Armada - Predictable, mediocore and below.
    Flying Mind - Filler, mostly predictable.
    Tunnel Vision - Boring, predictable.

Season 2 has a really huge problem of being too predictable it seems compared to season 1. AUTOBOTS/GOOD PEOPLE MUST WIN is a rule now in this show and ENEMIES SHOWN TO BE STRONGER BEFORE BECOME WEAK IN THE NEXT 2 EPISODES has also become a rule, and NO INTERESTING, FLESHED OUT STORIES OR IDEAS THAT ARE WELL EXECUTED.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    So far, hell no. Like others have said, the season is only half over, so things could turn around completely. Maybe season 2 will turn out better. But so far, this season is not as good as the first, imo.

Crossfire is the only episode this season that I think approaches greatness. Most of the rest hasn't been terrible, but it has been forgettable.

20. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    We all have differing opinions. My problem is that people seem to change their opinions to diss or laud whatever's in style (or out of style) at the moment. Each successive week, we have people saying the previous episodes were either better, or
    that this episode is the turning point where the show becomes good.

My honest opinion, which you can hold me to, is that Season 1 was great. All of its episodes were spot-on, and finding mysterious relics wasn't out of style yet. Season 2 is also great. However, I feel that a few episodes, such as Nemesis Prime and Armada, tried to finish up plot points and introduce new ones far too quickly. I liked Tunnel Vision, but I feel like it could have been an aside (much like Arcee and Bumblebee's fight in some random mine in Crisscross) to a full episode. I think Prime does better standalone episodes than story arcs. Honestly, I never thought I'd desire standalones as much as I do now, but season one kept it spicy.