Season 2 grade through 15 episodes

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jun 7, 2012.

?

What grade do you give season 2

1. A+

6.9%
  2. A

14.6%
  3. A-

12.5%
  4. B+

14.6%
  5. B

16.0%
  6. B-

13.9%
  7. C

12.5%
  8. D

6.9%
  9. F

2.1%
  1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

As a transformers show, I'm giving it an A. Not perfect, but still better than previous shows. Compared to non-TF shows, I would give it a B+

2. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree with this. I still like the show, just nowhere near as much as season one,and there have been multiple episodes this season that I just couldn't be bothered to finish watching or skipped through most of the episode

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    B-.

It's not great,but not terrible either.It's somewhere in the middle for me.

4. nyerk

nyerk Well-Known Member

C. Not nearly enough new characters or interesting developments. Too many fetch-quests. Nice action though.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Starscream wasn't always a "shmuck". He gained control of the Decepticons very early on for a Starscream which made people take him seriously. And his character was impressive back then. He had his nice old G1 comical moments but they weren't so numerous that they made it seem like he wasn't a serious character. They managed to balance the seriousness and the comical moments just right.

He competed with Megatron for full leadership of the Decepticons and even when Megatron wasn't around, Starscream often was. It actually felt like he was the main villain of season one, even above Megatron.

In season two, they decide that instead of making Starscream a serious character with comical moments, they'd make every step he takes look ridicules. This is why it is bad writing, not character development. His struggles to survive alone makes for a good story. However, they cover every moment of that with comic relief, making it impossible to take him seriously.

Look at partners where he manages to beat Arcee in an ordinary fight. Then compare that to Triangulation where he's repeating the same things he's said a thousand times and some new, utterly stupid lines. They make it so even when Starscream is acting badass, he still seems too stupid to be a character you want to root for.

Also, whatever happened to Megatron VS Starscream? Apart from Armada (which was a terrible episode) they've completely dumped that. You wonder how the writers will amaze you with Starscream taking on Megatron after deserting only to be disappointed by him doing nothing.

They have completely lost the balance that made Starscream such a wonderful character in season one, as well as the Megatron VS Starscream storyline. That is why there are some people who hate the way Starscream is being handled in season two.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

B+

7. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    B-.

It's not terrible, but it's not that great either. I really haven't cared too much about season 2.

8. General Magnus

Lolnope. He uses underhand tactics to fight her.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I liked it. A-

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

OK, bad choice of words. I meant he wasn't acting stupid or super awesome.

11. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    B-

Not so bad to watch, but not so good either.

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I'd give the whole show season 1+2 a D-

I wanted to like this show I really did. The five parter opening was awesome and I like the designs,and the animation and the voices and I thought that "hey Animted is gone but this looks as promising as that"

But as soon as season started it all went down hill and Prime turned out to be, for me personaly, one of the worst not only Transformers, but TV shows I have ever watched.

As for season 2 I don't even bother watching them as they come. I download them, it sins on my computer for a few days and then I end up fast forwarding thought 65% of the episode and delete it afterwards...

I thought about giving the show an F but I can't since there are some good fight scenes, and designs and some cool lines.

13. General Magnus

Might wanna get a priest for that.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well from a purely & overall cinematic standpoint, Transformers Prime is nowhere near one of the better shows I've been watching lately. However at the same time, it's one of the few that I'm actually invested in on several levels (toys, characters, fandom, discussions, etc), and if it truly came off as something negative, I wouldn't be frothing at DarkPrime's feet almost every saturday.

Take that how you like, but while it's not Breaking Bad, its high enough on my roster to matter, and that's not somewhere a lot of shows these days get. Plus, I tend to like something constant other than wrestling, and now that both Lost Girl & Supernatural seem to be on hiatus (as well as the AMC shows I watch), I'll take what I can get.

15. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    :lolol 

I will never learn how to type fast :lol 

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The complaints about Starscream not being a menace anymore seem oddly timed. Earlier in the season, I could see it. But his most recent actions have been: murdering a clone of himself despite a physical disadvantage in combat and enduring the pain of feeling his opponents wounds; obtaining and keeping posession of a frightening super-weapon. I'm sorry, but that's a pretty hardcore menace, and he's definitely advancing his goals despite enormous hardship. Whining about him might have seemed well founded maybe a month or so ago, but I think we missed the bus on that.

17. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

All I know is that when the show comes back from the break it better kick it up about 20 notches.

18. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Triangluation is da best

19. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Lol damn that's harse lol. tfp is one of the worst shows you've seen :eek:  lol I bet if a writer saw this post he'd probably start crying :3

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give a fuck.