Season 2 Finale *Speculation and theories*

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Yeah yeah I know, 7 episodes out of 26 and a Finale thread is already posted? But what can I say, I have speculation I need to vent out.

The Finale of Season 1 was what we, or at least I, was really hoping for. A giant threat, global destruction, many references back to the original movie as well as the lore of Transformers that many do not know, and of course the well done animated sequences detailing the history of the Primes and Optimus himself.

So for Season 2, I'm hoping they up the ante here, or at least give us one heck of a climactic end. And with the latest episode's revelations, I think we might get it.

So, for those who don't want to be spoiled, but will probably end up reading on anyway and then say "No Spoilers" please stop reading from this point.
    This point right here >

In the latest episode we saw something that I think would be one heck of a finale villain, a swarm of Insecticons, each one as strong as Megatron, and capable of surviving not only a blast from Megatron's cannon, but also a repeated assualt by Arcee, each one is basically a tank that needs to have taken alot of damage before getting knocked down.

But, then there's Airachnid, and quite honestly, I see her being the "final boss" for season 2. In the Season 1 finale it was Optimus and Megatron who were the center of attention, and it was their conflict with both themselves, and Unicron, that drove the plot along, and to see their history more in-depth, added quite a lot to it as well.

So for Season 2, I personally would like to see Arcee and Airachnid's conflict finally resolved, getting that fight finished with, while also going a bit deeper into their history if such history still exists, maybe go into Airachnid's connection with the Insecticons or how she became this character. Though for all I know she'll just end up being Elita-1 or one of Arcee's older partners gone bad.

Now...Insecticons, we already saw how they fight, and that frankly if it was a one on one fight, even playing field, they'd probably lose, but also tire out the opponent, add 1000 more to fight, and you're royally screwed.

Hence, a new means to fight said buggies.

As much as I'd LOVE to see Grimlock pop up to crush them, and also give a nice little FOC call out, I don't see it happening when they instead could give the spotlight to the new...

Autobot Mech Suits. We already saw Prime and Bee getting toy versions of those giant battle suits, so it makes a bit of sense the producers would try to fit them into the show, and this seems like a good way to do so.

Sorry Grimlock, giant battle suits are just more marketable. ;;___;;

Well, let me know what you think, add your own ideas or suggestions, and let's hope the ending doesn't disappoint or get thrown on the Blu-ray set of Season 2 as the "REAL ending" to Season 2.

2. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

I believe a robot that turns into a t rex is more marketable than something already seen in the movies. back to subject, i think the hive seen at the end of the episode can probably be the big season finale, that can probably reveal the transformers to the world

3. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron gets my vote for the season finale.

Ancient god knocked into stasis and ancient weapons appearing on his surface can't be a coincident.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Airachnid is shadowing Soundwave's progress of decrypting Project Iacon files. With her new found arm who have tunneling skills as good as her, she's going to be picking up some artifacts of her own, and should she be pushed to the point of defeat, I wouldn't be too surprised if it is she who reactivates Unicron--she has nowhere else to go, and her hive just happens to be beneath the surface, pretty convenient.

While I don't see Airachind being the season finale, I don't doubt her having a hand in it. Will she become Unicron's newest herald?

4. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I love Grimlock, and I know just how great his toys sell, as you said, it's a T-rex robot. And I would love to see him get a toy or apperance.

But that said, Hasbro seems to keep him in the dark right now, it took High Moon studios a lot of pleading to get Hasbro to agree to let Dinobots be in the game, and you know what, it's because of the Dinos that I'll be buying the game.

It's just that the robot suits for Bee and Prime are just more marketable to them, why design a new character and toy for a large bot, when we already have these mech suits on shelves, and can just add those to the show?

And that might be a decent ending as well, unless they get to it in upcoming episodes first.

5. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    I can tell you one thing: Breakdown won't be in it.

6. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    HA

Well he might have, "A HAND" in it, or "Show his face" around.

Oh ho ho, so many brutal puns to make.

7. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

I can "HAND IT" to ya that it was a "HEAD ON" episode

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roberto Orci already said Grimlock and Dinobots won't be appearing in season 2 of Transformers Prime--he actually doesn't like the idea of dinosaurs as their disguise is flawed. He said maybe something could happen in season 3, though I wouldn't hold my breath, as he said the only reason to turn into a dinosaur would be to hide from other dinosaurs, which no longer exist, so...

9. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

And yet Insecticons?

10. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    finale?

Decepticon Combiner Kills Optimus....or does it?

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Insects still exist--but yes, I see your point. However, it sounded like he didn't like the idea of having dinosaurs in the show. I wouldn't put to much hope into them appearing, seeing that he feels they have no part in this era.

12. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The insecticon army looks like it could be finale-worthy but it has been introduced quite early. If Mech & Airachnid join forces, Megatron & Prime are in deep trouble.

13. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Haha! That was a post that "HANDED" the ass to the last one! Good job "USING YOUR HEAD"!
    No? No? Never mind... *Walks away*
    :confused2 

14. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the point is the dinobots wouldn't show up on Earth and scan dinosaurs as altmodes if the objective was to hide from the human population.

The insecticons are not here to "hide" in plainsight - they are an army that someone left dormant. hmmmm i wonder if we will get to see an insecticon brood-mother - likely airachnid will be filling that role but it would be awesome if there was an insecticon Queen. more likely they were put there by shockwave as a contigency plan. He's got a long history of operating on his own outside of Megatron's motives. I do think we will see him eventually (maybe after Dreadwing bites it???) and it will be suitably epic (he is going to look badass).

Didnt the producers imply combiners? wonder if the decepticons will get a combiner to bolster their ranks - i figure they got reinforcements coming in the next 5ish episodes.

I hoping for an insecticon invasion of Jasper. Panic in the streets and all that. We've already had zombie transformers.

Don't know how long the Team Prime / US gov't issues will play out post Nemesis Prime - but it would be nice to see the Autobots go to ground for a while, and redeem themselves fighting the insecticons or something like that. If they do get pushed out of the base i bet they'll hookup with Wheeljack.

last random thought what if team Prime and Mech ending up cooperating to fight the insecticon menace. Prime's open offer of redemption and forgiveness should apply to Silas as well right? Would Silas be as devious as Megatron given the oppurtunity?

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Soundwave kills Airachnid and thus is hailed a hero and gets his own parade.

16. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

How about Shockwave experimented on the Dinobots giving them their dinosaur alternate forms. A side effect is that they are stuck with their dinosaur forms permantly.

17. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Solus Prime vs Megatronus Prime. I'd say the 13 originals but you know budget.

18. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    assuming that Hasbro is trying to build a cohesive continuity that's most likely the route they would have to take since that is their dinosaur form origin in FOC - i was just responding to the person i quoted - Insecticons are not meant to be 'robots in disguise'

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Solus is dead.

20. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Haven't read Exiles yet.