Season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by MeGrimmy53, Dec 11, 2011.

1. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
  3. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I just hope that more of the new characters are non-combatants like Perceptor.

Though Jazz being a main and Ironhide being a guest would be great.

4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for some new autobots as soon as possible.I'm sick to the death of the same five autobots after the whole season(well four,really.Ratchet is pretty fun to watch)

I'm also hoping to see some conflicts between bots.

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Same here. Hopefully if Wheeljack returns before Bulkhead bites it (if he does) we can have more Bromance.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You really think a mainstay character like Bulkie..(spoken in Jar Jar voice)...izzza gonna die?? Has this been mentioned elsewhere and you're tailing on that or is this just your own personal opinion?

7. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    They've said a main autobot WILL die in S2, money's on Bulk because it would also explain Miko's character development

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, Bulkhead's my guess too. I could provide crazy fan-theories as to why, but for some reason, Bulkhead strikes me as being a "main character death".

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Well Animated had that going too to be fair for a while but that changed. So could Prime. Besides having more characters in doens't always make it better because there's also the risk of not having enough character development if not done properly.

What about Ratchet's potty mouth moment at Optimus in Stronger Faster? O Arcee's open urges about avenging which Optmus ordered agaisnt in Partners? If those don't count then I belive that there will be in the begininng of Season 2 with how to get Optimus back. Or be in a clash with Autobots like Grimlock.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You know, either one of those seem fairly probable.

Wheeljack specifically left to find more Autobots. It'd seem odd if he was the only one out there who had a ship. It wouldn't have to be a big ship either. Jacky said his had enough space if Bulk wanted to go with him, so I could see maybe someone showing up with another ship of a similar size to Wheeljack's.

Maybe the team splits up. A couple of them go into space while a couple stay on earth.

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^Off-topic but I must say that I love your sig, Paxtin

1)I found Animated's characters more interesting.Plus,there were a lot more conflicts between them.

2)So that's two times during 26 episodes.That's not many

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    More intresting then Arcee.Ratchet and Starscream? At least Prime's characters are more intresting then the Unicron trilogy's.

Well give Season 2 a chance to fix it at least.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Inversely I find TFPrime's characters more interesting because:

1) The stories are more compelling, rich, and layered than TFAnimated. TFA always seemed just slightly below the mark on all 3 unfortunately. Perhaps this was due to the more 'kiddie' nature of the program, but I felt it always set the bar just a little lower due to the constraints of appealing to the ankle-biter crowd. I get it, I even support it, but TFPrime is superior in this regard- period.

2) The style of animation lends are more concrete 'realism' to the visuals. Although I adore squash/stretch as much as the next fan, but somehow that style just never really worked for me on TFA, especially during the more unctious uses of that style- like the ep. introducing Wreck-Gar. Prime manages to be both cartoony and realistic at the same time, which is a perfect marriage of both worlds and appeals to me more than TFA.

Neither of these should be taken to mean I despise TFA. I've got both seasons currently available on DVD in that format and love them. But TFPrime takes everything that TFA did well and evolves it, IMHO.

14. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

If Grimlock is introduced as the new leader I hope he's a hardass*to contrast with OP* and kills Optimus in an epic battle where the other bots are reluctent to fight they're former leader.*he'd ofcourse be revied*

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'd totally for the idea of Grimlock leading Team Prime for a while.:D  However about killing Oprimus,while Grimlock IS very resentful,bitter,harsh and more violent then Optimus,he stills holds a certain respect for Prme despite those and Grimlock wouldn't go THAT far about being leader. Besides once a character dies in TFP that character STAYS dead.

16. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

I don't mean doing it for lulz but more like doing it because he has too.

But doesn't Optimus always die atleast once in every series he's in I thought it was like a tradition.

17. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Oh okay! Sorry for misunderstanding!:eek: 

Yeah he does but it shouldn;t be in the middle of the show.If he does die it should occur in the end of the series so it can end his life while follwoing the rules.

18. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Or have him die in S3, after a S4 has been greenlit so we can get the story of how Hot Shot became Rodimus Prime.

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I agree. While I very much love how the characters of Animated were like I do think the way Prime handles it's characters is more mature and in some wats deep as the characters from Anmated were. You even can feel a bit of symphthay for characters lke Starscream!:lo That's how good it is! The thing is both shows have their ways of showing character development and tone and nethier one is better or worse then the other. Animated is on the more whimsical,action packed and fantastic,while Prime on the other hand is more on the realisim side with more darker,serious,and mature content. So they both have their share of strenghts and flaws going on and it has to do with personal preference in the end. We should just accpet both for what thet are and what they are trying to aim for instead of just saying that one is stupid because the other dhad that going on better. Animated is like the Teen Titans of the franchise while Prime is more like Batman TAS of the franchise.

20. MeGrimmy53

MeGrimmy53 Well-Known Member

Unless Primus wants to revive the dead character (after all the Primus is the Transformers God)