"Search This Forum" in Items For Sale or Trade doesn't work

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by bmbloo, Mar 24, 2010.

1. bmbloo

bmbloo Well-Known Member

I've been working this through with Liokaiser, and he suggests I write here. If you go to Items For Sale or Trade, and then click "Search This Forum", you get two search options: "Search Threads" and "Search Posts". Neither of these search options gives accurate results. Try it yourself. Find a fairly recent post that contains a word of your choice, and then search for that word. We used Liokaiser's Sales Thread as our example, as it had the word "Botcon" all over it, and yet a search for "Botcon" did not return his thread.

There are some great deals on toys in there, and the search will really come in handy to find them.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Unfortunately the search function for the version of the forum software we are using isn't the best. Really nothing we can do at this time. The alternative is to use the general forum search from the main forum listing, which uses google to return results.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this helps at all:

I find the search function becomes more accurate if you limit its range to the last week of posts, soooometimes the last month.