Search function (are donations needed?)

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by LifePincher, Jul 7, 2011.

1. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

What will it take to get this feature back permanently?

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but thinking about donations. It would be nice to know what is needed to run this site, so I know what I can do to help.

Hell, a $5.00 donation from every member at once should do something. Or charge a yearly sub fee. Well worth it :thumb 

Seriously, what are the costs to run a site like this yearly? I know it's high, but I need numbers.

2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Donations will not do anything to fix the current situation. Nothing would be done while the server is still busy.

And, in all likelyhood, once this traffic slows down, it will stay slow for the foreseeable future. It only gets this busy during live-action-movie times. And there is not one of those for a while, if at all.

I appreciate the thought, and understand the frustration, but not much to do at the moment.

3. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

In the long haul though, can we get more people to donate so you guys have the resource funds to get the equipment needed to help out?

For such a great site, I don't think anyone here would complain about donating. It's like this site is ashamed to ask for cash!

I'm ready! 2 infractions in, and I'm still ready to give cash!

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    We do offer a donation program, where money goes directly to the site funds. Must be 18+ to donate.

TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards - Donation System

For those that donate over $25, they become a TFW2005 Supporter with access to a Supporter only forum, larger signature, more private message slots, etc.

Thanks for supporting the site (by visiting, being a member, and posting) regardless of whether you donate.