Search Fail - Movie Ironhide questions.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by tchad, Jul 24, 2009.

1. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

I found people saying HA Ironhide was rumored - coming later and never coming at all.

Can anyone help my search fail self find any official comments on him?

2. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    noooooope

3. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So far it's just people that hope he comes out. No official word on it though.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just rumors at this point. Seems likely though as they haven't included a Lennox figure with any of them yet.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lennox could always come with a HA Jazz.

6. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Lennox could also potentially come out separately in a character pack.

7. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have never understood this rumor.

[​IMG]

Look at how much bigger Ironhide is then BB and Barricade. There is no way that Hasbro could cram that big a truck in the same sized package at the same price

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Very true. Unless they add different price points for HA, or they don't keep everything in scale.... I don't think we'll be getting HA Ironhide and ESPECIALLY won't be getting HA Blackout/Grindor like people are wanting, as he'd be even bigger than Ironhide.

9. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    at the hasbro panel at sdcc during q and a somebody asked if they had plans to do a HA with grindor and alice.

they replied "not sure yet"

so it is still a possibility

10. mugen_prime

Well IF they did do HA Grindor, I doubt it'd be in scale with other HAs.... It'd be quite a bit bigger than a leader class if it was in scale, probably closer to supreme class.

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, a slightly larger than voyager Ironhide in the HA line would put all the Autobots in scale. The current Voyager Ratchet's vehicle mode is in real life slightly smaller than the Topkick, and if this Ironhide were slightly bigger, it would be in scale with it, the other HA smaller cars, and Leader Prime.

12. newguy

newguy i

No. Ironhide only.

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Lennox and Ironhide actually interacted a bit in the movie, unlike some of the other HA pairings.

14. tchad

tchad Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers - Ironhide was my favorite - and his toys all felt 'meh'. I would imagine people would pay 39.99 for him - but agreeing that Hasbro probably wouldn't want to go out of package scaling.

15. The Mad Vulcan

The Mad Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It is rather apparent that Lennox is being saved for a special pairing, and Ironhide is a good guess. He is Lennox's truck at the end of TF1 and his partner in TF2. It is also quite likely that an Ironhide and/or Lennox Prototype has been developed. The release of such would be dependent upon how well the HA products sell. If it is very popular, we could very well see a higher price point in this line. Ironhide, Ratchet, and Rampage could easily fit into this theoretical pricepoint.

Grindor , on the other hand, is just a dream. The possibility that this series could sell well enough to constitute a very expensive price point is way too early to tell. What alliance Lennox has will be indicative of how well the sale of the HA line is going in the eyes of Hasbro.

16. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

So far only Deluxe class characters have gotten HA ones. I'd say Jazz or Jolt is more likely for Autobots, though Ironhide would be amazing, but would probably have to be scaled down if they did.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Who says the HA stuff is all meant to fit in the same sized packaging and remain at one blanket price point? Could be that they have separate size classes for this line just like they do with Deluxes, Voyagers & Leaders.

On a different note...

For as much as I want to believe that Hasbro have something up their sleeves when it comes to more HA figures, the current pairings really throw me off. Sam & BB makes sense, as does Simmons & Mudflap. But Epps & Sideswipe and Mikeala & Skids? Not at all. If anything it should have been Mikeala & Sideswipe, Leo & Skids, Epps & Ratchet and Lennox & Ironhide. The fact they threw a soldier like Epps into a sleek sports car makes me think Ratchet & Ironhide probably won't happen, and that Lennox could end up getting teamed up with something just as ridiculous as Jazz or Jolt. I hope I'm wrong because it would be pretty cool to get all of the main Autobots done in HA style.

18. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

i want a HA jetfire

19. mugen_prime

HAHA!!! Once again, if they keep everything in the HA line to scale... Jetfire would be extremely massive. He'd probably cost at least a couple hundred bucks and would probably be the biggest TF ever made. When you look at how huge the F22 is compared to Prime and the others..... the SR71 is a pretty big jet, it's even quite a bit bigger then the F22. Leader Jetfire is so far from being in scale with Leader Prime, it's not even funny.

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i agree that only existing deluxe class figures will get HA releases.. i dont know though, but as we already have a voyager ironhide, i dont think we'd get an HA one