Seal off the city

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LordShockwave, Sep 29, 2011.

1. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    idk if it was just me, but the scene where the decepticons seal off chicago and the scene after it where epps and sam go into the city and see all the devastated people was realy sad for somereason. it game me goosebumps when it showed that decepticon vaporizing the people on the streat right infront of us. it was sad and sortof scary to think if this actually happened. it was almost like a nightmare, but i liked it i thought it was the perfect dark edge for the movies. what do you guys think?

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will admit that Bay gets the atmosphere right in those situations.

Even the scenes of Epps and Sam driving towards the city. Though I do think this gave Tyrese some of the best scenes in the TF trilogy. I still love his voice when they watch the drone ships just obliterate two AF jets.:

"My God...we came all this way to find her in the middle of all that?"

3. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

your definately not alone dude. Im so glad they threw that scene in there. It added a sense of realism to the whole thing. Irridecent fit the scene perfectly. Being from chicago too added some eeriness to the scene too.

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That was the reason....I like to think that it was to show that the Decepticons ARE a threat....In the first and second films...The deceptions didn't kill a holy shit load of people.I think all in the 1st one was Scorps. and that one guy and Bonecrusher and that bus and Blackout and the base(I think of course)and in the second was most likely just The Fallen and the Half-Tracks....But in this film...it shows like one or two drones just killing a whole town in like under a minute or two...and that is just down right EVIL!!!!

Do you guys get what I mean?

5. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    ya i get what ya mean

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember being on the State St bridge watching them set off the pyro on top of the buildings. Even though it's kind of morbid, I think it would have been more shocking if one of those building attacks caused one of the structures to just pancake down vertically. I think that would have made that scene a bit more terrifying.

The one downside is I could easily tell what scenes Bay shot in Chicago, and also shot in Detroit.

I think there's at least 6-8 videos on Youtube showing those pyro shots, and one person got a shot of Carly and Dillon on the penthouse balcony. I've yet to upload the footage I took on the State St bridge, but TF3 was definitely the biggest film production I've ever seen in person, anywhere.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    It was pretty awe-inspiring in a terrifying kind of way. Even the scene preceding it, where Dylan explains to Carly Sentinel and Megatron's plan, was pretty damn eeire, as Heed Our Warning quietly begins playing in the broad daylight, sort of like the eerie calm before the hellstorm about to erupt. And the pure malice in Leonard Nimoy's delivery of "Seal off the city", while Sentinel smiles about wiping out a city full of humans. Good God.

The Decepticons explicitly shooting humans to piles of bones and splats on the ground was pretty chilling as well; and the shots where the Decepticon ships begin bombing the skyscrapers of Chicago at night (right after a scene cut) was pretty horrific. The following scene of Sam, Epps, and his NEST buddies rallying to go into the devastated Chicago was very appropriate: a quiet, solemn gathering of forces to attempt a seemingly doomed mission, while people and children run and scream from the destroyed city.

Definetly the best Decepticon scene in the series.

8. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. I completely agree.

But does Sentinel actually smile? From what I recall it kind of goes like this: *looks off in the distance* "It is time for the slaves of Earth to recognize their masters." *glances to Megatron* "Seal off the city." *looks grim* He looks rather...not exactly happy, but you can tell that this isn't ruining his day. More indifferent. Stoic. Solemn. In a "this has to be done"-sort of way. I could be wrong. You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll examine every shot of Sentinel's awesomeness very closely when I get the Blu-Ray. ;) 

9. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    i saw one of those videos. it scared me because i had no idea it was going to look like another 9/11.

then i saw the same thing on the superbowl trailer with the same angle as the youtube vid. then i shat my pants.

10. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Dude...if it was just you, the filmmakers would not have done their job.

11. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    those disentigrate scenes would have been perfect for an updated war of the worlds...nice to see transformers handing the "puny fleshlings" some punishment...because i mean let's be truthful...if something alien invades the earth...it's going to hand earth it's ass on a plate...

12. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    what would you call demolisher in ROTF blowing that 4 lane express way to HELL and back...that definitely wiped out dozens of people....watch that scene again...you see like 7+ vehicles flying in all directions....

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right at that scene is when I knew this movie would be way more large scale than the previous two.

And it actually feels like the Decepticons are doing something. You know, capturing and mass invading a city and actually being shown on screen killing people running away.

It's an improvement from having a battle in the middle of no where. And it's not as awesomely evil when a Decepticon simply flings cars away or runs over/destroys vehicles on a highway.

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

This was a great scene,really emotional. Iridesent fit perfectly

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Excellent scene - the tone, atmosphere, effects, music, and performances were all great. Really did a fantastic job of setting up that finale.

16. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

Yes, I Completely Agree with you :) 
    Those scenes were Very chilling,and very scary if they were real,
    I Loved it when the whole screen when Black, and then when it came back
    on, the City was surrounded and being attacked, It was so eery and Dark
    They definitely did an Awesome job with these scenes :thumbs2: 

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    He was also crushing/flinging cars off the freeway into the air as well.

18. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Ok,OK...I'm sorry....Demolisher killed a shit load of people....but it is still mostly not standing a chance to what the 'cons did in DOTM.

:bday