Seal and gloss

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MaikeruSan, Apr 16, 2008.

1. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Well I just bought a optimus prime movie blade of ebay, arrived today the paint on it was ruined and it looked like someone was trying to be a jackass and use paint thinner on it. Anyways im going to repaint it. So what to use to seal the paint, and what do you guys use to give your transformers a glossy finish? Oh and does anyone have an idea where or If I can get the silver paint that is on the movie toy blade. Thanks guys!

2. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    You could go to a hobby shop and get a can of Testors Clear Coat or Clear Cote (As it is sometimes labeled)

Or Pledge Future polish I think it's called.

3. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Thanks mate, any idea on what colour paint I need? Im probably going to have both colours. Here is a picture of the real blade I found on google.Just need to know whatcolours they are and where to get them, scense some asshole ruined mine.

[​IMG]

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    I know there's The Nightwatch version (I believe that's the one pictured) And the Premium Version Which the blade is painted Orange with sliver outter parts.

Can it be disasembled? if so do that and sand down the areas Blade that comes out of the housing with a very small fine grit sand paper (This also prevents paint rub off on the moving parts) For the Blue version you could use a Dark blue, Metalic blue or Royal navy blue (If not dark enough mix some black in to make it darker) as for the Sliver you can use a Titanium sliver paint it'll have a sparkle effect to the finished blade.

Then clear coat it.

5. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

That's the Premium Prime version, regular. That Testors stuff is Gloss Cote, I have a can right here, and Future works good as well, it's called Pledge with Future shine now. Pledge is the main name on the label now, they changed it or bought it I guess. You could also try painting the whole blade silver and getting some Testors Model Masters Clear Orange or Turn Signal Amber. I put the Turn Signal Amber over silver painted metal on this.....

[​IMG]

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    If you can't find future floor polish anywhere, go to Home Depot or the like and get a little can of Minwax Polycrylic. Works the same, and cheap.

7. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

I've always wondered if that stuff was any good. Thanks EO for the tip.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    let us know how it comes out :)