Seacons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tfwiki was less the informative on these guys so I come here to ask for more details. In a toy thread it was mentioned about troop building with these guys. Are they drones? How many Pirhanacons are there? Where exactly did they come from?

2. maku098

maku098 ; solves everything.

News Credits:
    In Japan, the Seacon limbs were drones, and there were a lot of them. In the US story, the limbs were just individuals.
    That's the best I can do for a summarization.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's all there on the Wiki, but:

1) They were a 1988 group of Combiners with an extra member that could become a gun for the combiner. A Targetmaster Gestalt where any of the smaller members can become any limb or the gun.

2) They are NOT drones in Western media. Just regular Decepticons. They all have individual unique personalities. Read their individual wiki pages.

3) In the Japanese Masterforce series (and there only) the limbs are hordes of easily destroy able drones. Picture them like the Sharkticons there.

-ZacWilliam, iirc there are always tons of the limbs in Masterforce but only one of Turtlor (or whatever the Japanese name for Snaptrap was.) The Japanese tended to treat gestalt members very lightly in this era and I don't think they ever even transform in Masterforce except into King Posieden.

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may have been your problem, Wiki-wise, the Drone versions of the Seacons have a seperate page from the Western versions (because of how different they are).

Seacon (Masterforce) - Transformers Wiki

-ZacWilliam, likewise Turtler's page is seperate from Snaptrap and King Posiden's is seperate from Piranacon.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Zac got most of the points.

In response to the original question, there's one King Poseidon and one Turtler. However there's countless Seacons beyond that in the Masterforce cartoon and the later manga series. In a single episode you could see 30+ Tentakils, a dozen Overbites, etc. Most, if not all would be blown up over the course of the episode and there'd be just as many the next week.

Where they came from is unknown. They could've been part of the "demons" the Pretenders locked up, Turtler may spawn them, who knows?

6. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I prefer Western version.
    Seacons are a team for undersea operations;Snaptrap,the leader, is presented as a very nasty Decepticon,a butcher,and then there are the other members with their different attitudes.

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll stick with this haha. I also noticed youtube vids for King Poseidon (I assume is piranacon) and then there's this guy:

God Neptune - YouTube

Very layered g1 combiners I must say. Bruticus seems to remain relatively the same when crossing continuities but these guys have got variation down to a science.