Seacons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Forever!!!

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want them in the colors we were shown. If I want G1 colors, I can buy those, and IMO, everything, including that nice color-shifting effect in the paint, is nicer about the new colors except for the orange. And I can live with that.

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

No - I know about all that (to be fair, another retailer could have jumped on it), but be it them or TRU or wherever, it still shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get them.

4. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Original G1 colors. But I'll take anyway I can get these assuming they won't be over priced.

5. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    would like the original deco

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'm sure Jerry Jivoin could tell you stories about that...

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't care about Coulour,i like the new scheme,please don't kill me.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I don't think Hasbro would have had the seacons manufactured until they had a realtor lined up to take them. If they had manufactured them, they would have shoe horned them into a line already to recoop the cost.

I believe it was at either the 06 or 05 Botcon, Aaron Archer said they had located the molds, but didn't mention anything about them being made and waiting in a warehouse some where.

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    The G1 Seacons are living proof that color schemes are sometimes given a pass solely because it's G1. If Hasbro released a new toy in those colors in 2007, people would be up in arms, rioting in the streets of all the message boards. I always thought the G1 Seacons were ugly. Here's hoping they're in new colors.

It's also worth noting that as a club exclusive these are gonna be expensive. If we're going to have to pay $100 or more for them, we might as well get them in new colors. You can almost buy a complete vintage one for that.

10. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    I agree, the original and the Universe colors are overly bright and generally unattractive.

To be honest, I'd rather they'd rework the God Neptune colorset. There is MORE than enough room on those toys for extra gold, teal, and maybe a little purple or blue, especially on the limb bots. Not to mention we'd be getting the sixth member.

Or, given that Astrotrain and Cannonball need more scurvy bots, how about in a colorset to tie the Seacons with those two?

11. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Yeah, yeah... I know the story - I was there when Aaron said that Jerry had been busting his ass over them in '05. But '05 was a different time for TFs than now, or even a year ago.

I can't help but believe that they'd have had an easy home with the Classics, and I don't think that could be readily denied.

12. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

13. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I'm sure this is likely the way they're going with it.

Personally, I'd rather a God Neptune paint scheme than a reiessue of the G1 colors, or something new that is, if possible, even worse. I'm definitely not looking forward to shelling out the money that I'm sure the club will gouge the non-members for. Since I'm not a club member, and see no reason to shell out the $40.00 to become one, especially since this is likely the only purchase from the Club Store I will ever make, unless this sort of thing becomes a trend. I wasn't impressed with any of the exclusive combiner bots (thus far), and none of the other club exclusives scream "buy me" to me.

14. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

100% agreement.

Why would they release them in the original colors? Like KD said, what some of you forget is that the club exclusive toys tend to be kind of expensive... So much that for what we would end up paying for a set of re-issued originals, it may not be that far away from the price a set of vintage ones would cost you!

If they are going to put these out, let's see a new, innovative color scheme. Can't even recall what the orange ones looked like - But as long as it's not the G1 colors, it gets my vote.

15. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm throwing my vote down for a "from the deep" color-scheme. Give me deep blues with a nice dark teal accent and I'd be a happy camper. But anything really dark would look really good on that set of molds.

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, first off, I don't want the G1 color scheme. It's not that I don't like it, but I'd say that for the price this set is going to run us (basing solely off pricing of their other exclusives and Botcon sets) we could probably get the original colors in a nice vintage box! So, no G1 reissue please.

However, I wasn't really thrilled with the intended Universe colors either. Actually, aside from the orange they weren't that bad with the dark purple, black and red, however, if they still intend to use this color scheme than they should replace the orange with maybe a dark blue or something. The orange is just horrible.

What I'd really like is a re-working of the God Neptune giftset's colors. Those were excellent and their's plenty of room to re-work that. Not to mention it wouldn't be a straight re-release of the God Neptune set, because this time they'd have the sixth member in the set. This is what I'd like to see, but seeing how they used the Universe paint scheme for Astrotrain (modified as it was) I'm not holding my breath.

Still, if they were to totally surprise us with something all new and all different (again, not holding my breath based on what they did with Astrotrain)... I'd be all over that too.

17. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

G1 Colors

18. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

For those of use who've never seem the Universe Seacons colours...

:useless 

19. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, the thing about them already being made and "sitting in a warehouse" has been debunked, although I can't say when or where that was exactly.

Oh, and BW2 colors FTW.
    http://www.tfu.info/1998/Destron/GodNeptune/godneptune.htm

20. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

G1 or nothing.