Heavy/Scratch: Seacons with a new take

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by alexcollier, Mar 26, 2010.

1. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I was completely unsatisfed with the Seacons. So...I took them back to the drawing board. These are all still WIP.

I posted a small pic of the original asthetic at the bottom. I've also posted a pic of G1 Snaptrap to show what i'm trying to do with him.

Snaptrap is now made from a Crossovers Hulk, MP Starscream and a few other pieces including G1 Snappy. The head here is just a placeholder. The head and hands are actually magnetically attached.

The shell can become either a massive shield for him or a small handheld shield for Piranacon. Now, I added the feet to Snappy but it just felt....bleh. I saw the Cybertron Ratchet and the turtle-tank treads just seemed a far more exciting thing to add. He's already quite the tank with that shell. More guns will be added, those being the guns for the smaller cons. They will attach on a rotating array on the back.

The shield is made from a Rampage shell and the back flap of a Supreme Cheetor. I blended the two and used features that both had in common to give the feel of a leatherback turtle.

Skalor is coming along nicely. Heavily resculpted Animated Snarl and BM Nightcream. He'll be quite a hulking figure but with a very grimy, disgusting look.

UPDATE---Skalor now has his limbs. Considering the fish he's based on, the robot legs can be left on in alt mode to rsemble the extra fins or take off. He'll be the most organic of the bunch in order to give him the more disgusting character he had in the bio. Basically, he's more disgusting to the other Seacons because he's TOO organic and leaky. Yeeeeah He's also still in need of a head.

Update---Seawing is coming along. I was initially a little uncertain as to whether I should go ahead with this design as I found out it is very similar to The Seawing made by Chlokai for his excellent Piranacon set. However, imitation is the highest form of blah blah blah. He found a very elegant solution to that design. However, my Seawing will go in a very different direction from these initail WIP pics. Like the G1, he will have legs and a few other surprises.

Update---I've added the wip for Nautilator. H'es at a reeeeally early satge. Pretty much the only mod done so far is the addition of the legs to the Airazor mold. I'm no t sure about the head though. It kind of resembles the nautilator lobster head but feels a little too.....human? Although, that slightly off-putting design kind of works. The lobster claws will either attach to the bot mode arms and double as arms for noth modes or will be kibble attached to the left over boost

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really, REALLY like where you're going with these :) 

3. alexcollier

News Credits:

Thanks. I'm happier with the new direction i'm taking them. Piranacon is going to need a whole new approach also. He's gonna be over 20 inches now.

4. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    dude, these look electric. Go!

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    VERY interesting so far!

6. mr_soundwave

mr_soundwave operation: tidalwave

wow, the seacons were my favorite as a kid, and your rendition blows away the originals, well done :)  hope to see the rest

7. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Funnily enough, I only fell in love with the Seacons design 3 years ago after wathcing DCompose review them on hid Youtube channel.

8. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do you plan on having them still be able to combine?

9. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Definitely. 20 inches tall.

10. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Really interesting take on them. They turtle/tank mode makes me feel like these could almost be considered cybertron-mode seacons or something similar.

11. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Updated with Skalor robot mode

12. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Dam this is cool .U really make me very excited about this cool stuff ;) 

13. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Thanks. I loved your Scourge btw.

14. Slothboy

Slothboy Nick

Skalor looks awesome. What's it made from?

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^Ditto! :D  Keep it up, dude! Its KILLER so far! :rock 

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

this is going to be absolutely cool. love how you are taking a different approach to these guys. outstanding.

17. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Update with Seawing

18. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Skalor is made from the body ands tail of Animated Snarl and the head of BM Nightscream. I heavily resculpted the head, adding those under the eye details and took the arms and legs from various BW figures. I lucked out with the hind legs for alt mode. They came from a tree-frog tf and transform from fgeet to hands so that I don't have to parts form for the bot mode.

Thanks agian for the encouragement guys. I was really unsure if these guys would go ahead after the first poor attempt. Now they're on track.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Wow. I mean, I gave so much to say but all I can get out is WOW. Can't wait to watch these progress.

20. alexcollier

News Credits:
    Thanks. Nautilator is going up tomorrow. His base is a Transmetals Air-razor. The tail section and general proportions are pretty good for a lobster-bot.

Can't wait till these guys are all finished up.

Actually, a question. I'm going to nominate either Nautilator or Overbite to be the odd-one-out and not combine. Rather, one of these guys is going to be the gun. Who would you guys nominate?