seacons? what seacons? we don't need seacons...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by unicronhq, May 18, 2008.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I was referring to the one in Classics/universe packaging with the double-decker chest, yes.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Pete Sinclair let me get a good hands-on look at the Club Seacons at Botcon; and I have to say, I have completely changed my mind about them. I never liked the colour scheme, but in person, the colour scheme works brilliantly. I am SO looking forward to getting my hands on them now.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I really would like to see a quality picture of them combined and maybe I would like the color scheme more. I am still going to get them, I just like the visual aspects of the other 2 versions so much better.

4. permie

permie Well-Known Member

We can demand whatever we like, they signed a deal with hasbro to serve the collector's club interests, did they not?

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2008
  5. nkelsch

I am not sure that in them running the collectors club that they have any obligation to seek out and facilitate these long awaited unreleased molds. FP has to push Hasbro on these, hasbro is not saying "hey collectors club, make these figures and distribute them".

FP has to basically keep on Hasbro's ass to make these things a reality. But if asking about legitimate delays or FP's updates of things outside of their control before publically screaming about how FP is screwing us makes me a "pole smoker" then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2008
  6. Transfan2

Transfan2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would this picture do the trick, nkelsch?

[​IMG]

Hope it helps.

-TF2

7. nkelsch

Thats a good picture, thanks man. The yellow is still bugging me. Something about it...

It is still an awesome mold and I can't wait to see it.

8. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

atleast this set comes with the weapons...the king seacons repaint variants were cool but with no weapons except one sword= unhappy TF fans...

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

QFT. I fully support FP too, and I'll buy at least one of every club exclusive they make. Thanks again FP for the wonderful Botcons!

10. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really wish these were in the original colors. As it stands, the current color scheme is too busy IMO, and the yellow, of course, is the guiltiest party. Because yellow, when not on Bumblebee, is a HORRIBLE color for a Transformer toy! :D 

Now MY idea of a good repaint for the set would have been the originals' colors in reverse, resulting in pink Piranacon parts. He'd be more FABULOUS than he was in '88.

And I won't bash FP 'cause enough whiny people who get *oppressed by mods* here do that as "Anonymous" on 4chan's /toy/ section. Because, as you know, they're the only free-thinking person in the Transformer fandom. And by free-thinking, I of course mean having an insane sense of entitlement and really, really wanting to believe they're a unique little snowflake.

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Never saw it with the new paintscheme...damn, wish this wasn't an exclusive it looks awesome and I've been wanting a set of thems guys.

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker would like a word with you.

13. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sometimes, i see fanboy hubris.
    personally, i feel blessed like the pope stopped by or something because we got 2 versions of Supreme out this year.
    and we got encore, Universe, Henkel, improving QA with KOs and etc trying to make us happy and still some people act like we got robbed of a World Series by a drunk fan when a toy is delayed.
    why? the fact that they have confirmed it as a release should be a relief, and delays are annoying, but a year delay for good QA beats immediate gratification for a crappy product anytime.

14. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

eh.... if they were in original colors i MIGHT want a set. Looks more like a crappy G2 repaint to me cause man did G2 toys suck.

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm also passing based on the yellow. A nice gold or even orange would have sold me. :( 

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i can't wait for them...i'm very excited to get them...and by cant wait i mean another few months isnt a big deal, people bitching about FP needs to just stop already...there's no way to make everyone happy, people need to get over it...

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    To be honest the yellow didn't seem anywhere near as garish at Botcon.

18. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Call up Hasbro and tell them to let TakTomy use the molds for a straight up G1 reissue. Or maybe that was the plan all along.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, it looks worse in photos. But seeing it in person, I still have to defer to higher priorities such as E-Hobby Guardian Robot. It's a shame they couldn't color the yellow parts to match the orange on Seawing's wings. He's my favorite of this set based on that deco.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, like the second poster said 'good things come to those who wait'. And I'd rather wait awhile and get a good product that to get something next week and get a poor quality product. These will look awesome next to my Armada RID Urban Ruination.