Seacons and universe 3 pack

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for an awesome display boxes. Heck who knows a nice pack in trade of the original TFTM comic would be great with the Target pack.

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    2 Seacon sets please. I missed out on the TFCC set :( 

3. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I guess they are really sticking it to Fun Pub. First the Generations Thrust, then rumors of Generations Dirge and now the Seacons... Yeah... Not much benefit going to Botcon or buying from their so called exclusives store....

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Considering that those 3 examples are all things FunPub sold out of years ago and won't be making any more money off of, I don't think it's that big a deal if Hasbro releases the same things in different colors. I also doubt that most rational people would stop buying from FunPub on the off-chance that Hasbro releases something similar later.

I mean, when it comes to Thrust and Dirge, those are main-line characters, the type that usually don't become exclusives in the first place. So, for them to be released at Botcon was already outside the norm, and it was also likely that Hasbro would use the characters again, since they're big parts of the Diaclone era of Transformers.

On the other hand, it's fairly UNlikely that Hasbro will be doing their own version of Bugbite or Clench or Dion, and frankly, I like those kinds of club exclusives better than the Seekers anyway. As long as FunPub caters to those kinds of homages, I'm all in.

Also, the "not much benefit to going to Botcon" line is even more ludicrous. Even if Botcon offered NO exclusive toys, people would still go because it's an convention for their hobby of choice (ya know, like all those Star Trek or Anime conventions people enjoy going to?). Not only that, but it's the OFFICIAL convention, which means it carries with it more breaking news and bigger dealer rooms than you can expect from other conventions.

Maybe one day, non-attendees might realize there's more to the convention than the toys they think they deserve...

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Not true. Botcon Thrust and Dirge are still different from the Henkei/Generations releases, and the exclusive Seacons are still differently colored as opposed to what this upcoming set will be (probably normal colors).

While it will reduce the average price the Funpub versions resell for, it won't seriously destroy their value because they're still different.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I really hoped they re-release Piranacon in TakaTom packaging. Better if we can get all of these into a box since I'm a s@#ker for giftsets. :D 

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own the Timelines Seacons, and I'm glad these are coming too. I'm just worried I won't be able to... Anywho, now I can put the FP Seacons with my AEC figures like they were originally intended... The new set can go with my CHUG figures.

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Once again, these new Thrust/Dirges/Seacons will NOT be the same as FPs releases. If you have those, you still have unique versions of those characters/toys.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah but the issue is "I brought these characters because I thought only ____ could release them".

The word exclusive means

Now i'm not pissed because I brought Henkei Thrust/Dirge but I can understand. Like I said in the previous thread regarding this subject... Hasbro just doesn't decide overnight to release a figure... they plan for it!! Why don't they keep fans in the loop?

"Alright people... we have plans to bring over the Henkei Versions of Thrust/Dirge so don't go spending 70 dollars on something you will get at retail for 10".

I'm happy with my Henkei figures but info like this could help stall the secondary prices of stuff.

Like this Rodimus Reissue... what about all the poor people that spent 90+ on this toy? The Hasbro Q&A sections should be more informative when someone asks
    "Will you guys release _____ stateside?"
    "Will you reissue _____ ?"

The traditional response is "Uh... we have no plans to release _____ at the moment but when we do, you will be the first to know".

Treat the fans better. Its not like the product is a secret or anything. Takara Tomy releases the toy first and Hasbro decides to import it at a later date. Nobody saw MP Grimlock for the first time when Hasbro published pictures of their version... so why be so secretive?

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're secretive because plans change. The Energon/Timelines Seacons are proof of that... There's a lot of things that we never see. If we did, we'd be badgering them about it. Alternators comes to mind... Some Wal-Mart listings and everyone goes nuts.

Chris

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This situation seems to mirror the current 'KO effect'. Funny ol' world ain't it?

12. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would love to get a Seacons reissues. If this lowers the price of the TFCC Seacon set I might grab that off someone at some point as well, the TFCC ones would go great with my G2 stuff.

But yeah, Seacons = awesome. They are one of the combiners I want to get at some point, along with Menasor & Computron.

13. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess so... but how long do you know? Do sweat shops just work overtime 24-7 on mass release toys?

I don't know much about the toy making business so if anyone knows, please correct me but wouldn't hasbro know at least a few months ahead of time?

14. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't really see how it does.......... I'm saying "tell me when a cheaper option is coming out!!"

Not

"OMG, YOU ARE KILLING THE RESALE VALUES OF MY RETIREMENT PLAN!! "

15. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, man, I hope that three pack is real 'cause I can finally get a Classics Rodimus.

16. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I attended Botcon last year and I am attending this year, so I am not exactly a non-attendee. Even the toys that you say are exclusive to the show are being sold as stolen goods on another unmentioned site now. I understand the experience is half of it and the situations of the '07 set. I just feel like those who had to pay 1000 bucks for the '07 set will see a big decline in their set because of the new releases. No matter how different the releases are people who wanted a classics thrust can pay 15 bucks for one now will not pay 150 for the Botcon one. I guess this might be the average collector though but I see the '07 losing a bulk of value because of it. I am not somebody who paid a 1000 bucks for the set just so you know. I paid roughly 500 for it when it came out that year since I wasn't able to go the Con and don't intend to sell it unless I lose interest in TF altogether.

I agree I enjoy the show, but stolen goods and loop holes on the "Hasbro will not release the same molds again" makes it a little less desirable. I am even attending the customizing class this year. I hope to have a good time away from work and doing something I like.

Yeah if there isn't any exclusive toys then they also wouldn't be charging 305 for the early attendance and special activities. Alot of people wouldn't make the extra effort to go without them unless the con was in the in the immediate area of the attendee. Things like hotel and flight are not cheap.

17. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you spend a high dollar amount because something is stated to be exclusive (original). Then you are disappointed when Hasbro/Takara (KO makers) release a similar item (KO) that you would be satisfied with for an amount considerably less. Which in turn affects the secondary market value of the exclusive (original) as well. So if you would have waited, you could have purchased your exclusive (original G1) at a significant savings. Sure sounds eerily similar to me.

18. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    People know what the word exclusive means. This is not in contention. The difference of opinion seems to be that some people are counting, for example, Botcon Thurst & Generations Thrust to be the "same" while others are counting them to be "different". Both options are understandable, so it'd be nice if people could see that both viewpoints have some validity.

Still, at the end of the day, Hasbro sees them as "different" enough to get around the "exclusive" restriction in their opinion.

If it's just about the characters, well Hasbro already released U2 Dirge & U2 Thrust (voyager cyb.Starscream and legend cyb.Starscream molds respectively. So what's the "news"?

"Similar" releases to exclusives have happened for quite awhile... can certainly go back to Botcon Japan 1998 Barbearian and BW Neo Survive in 1999. So that's not a new issue. However, it might be worth it to realize that this happens to vast minority of exclusives.

This talk about G1 color reissue Seacons hurting the Club Seacons seems ridiculous though since they are such vastly different color schemes. Do people think Encore Omega Supreme hurts the value of Ehobby City Guardian? Did Hasbro's TRU reissue of Red Alert destroy the value of Tigertrack? Is SDCC Blaster going to make Ehobby Twincast not worth having? The Club Seacons are close to America's version of Ehobby G1 exclusives. How would regular color reissues ever hurt them?

19. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... lets see

KO Companies release a vintage figure nobody has any intention of remaking.

Takara/Hasbro release a new product that is exclusive and then reissue it again themselves.

No don't see your point. Get over the KO ARGUMENT ALREADY!!! This is turning into that PC/Apple Xbox/PS3 fight...

20. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you have the right idea. While it will have some impact on the secondary market, it won't make the bottom fall out. I think the disappointment lies in the fact that secondary market purchasers would have saved alot of money on Thrust/Dirge if they knew these versions were coming.