Seacons and Nightbeat up for preorder....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The club store will only let you put 20 Seacons and 20 Nightbeats at a time into your cart, so it doesn't look like you do the old "figure out how many are left based on how many you can put in your cart".

I ordered mine last night... Really hope they sell out, as it will bode well for future exclusives. Nice work, guys!

2. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I wouldn't wait if you guys didn't charge the card right off the bat. :(  Don't have the cashola right this instant.

3. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's strange cause I had no trouble ordering them.
    Went to the site, logged in, placed the order, sorted shipping and it was done.
    Got the email through a short time after and called my CC company to make sure they allowed the purchase due to it being so large.

They said it went through no problem and was sitting on my bill.

I wasn't to keen on these to begin with, but the packaging and the thought of owning these all in one package swathed me.

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I cant wait for the seacons.

Question is if any other G1 combiner groupes could get the same treatment if the seacons are a smashinghit.

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I wouldn't put so much stock in the statements of what could well have been the "vocal minority." We all know that lots of fans are out there that never post on boards, and I'd similarly argue that folks are more likely to post about their DISpleasure about something than they are because they like it. It's just human nature.

If this DOES happen to be true, and you're right about the toys not really being all that popular, than you can rest assured that the vast majority of these scalpers will have their impulsiveness come back to bite them in the butt.

6. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I dunno, I find it silly to join the club, then buy the toy set. It's a crazy amount of money that I don't have. Even if the toy is free with membership, its just a lot of money. O how I wish I had a better paying job. :banghead: 

7. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I got those Seacons, I hope brisk sells will motivate them to do another G1 repaint of some sort.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. This may make me a fair weather fan, but I didn't even join the club until the in box picture of the Seacons was posted on the TFCC website. I'm holding out hope that these sell out in a few days and pushes another cool G1 repaint to the top of their exclusives list.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Just ordered a set of both for me, and a set of Seacons for Easterling Capt!

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Preordered me a Nightbeat even though I'm less than happy with him. I'm basically just giving the club my support in hopes of better exclusives next year.

11. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Indeed. Quite a few people at least will miss out due to not having the cash at right this moment in time.

Not to mention, and I'm not digging at FP, but it's just not a smart buisness practice anyway. There's a reason places like BBTS and such don't charge right away on pre-orders. I'm sure we all still remember Bill's Toys and Games and the crap they pulled. But even a good place with the best of intentions can have things backfire. As the famous saying goes "Sh*t happens". Production delays, shipping delays, etc. I know I'd hate to take a lot of people's money and then have stuff like that happen. End up with quite a mess on your hands.

Ah well, no skin off my back if I miss out on the Club Seacons. I'll just wait for the eventual Takara G1 Encore reissue.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Awesome. Glad I got my order in and glad to see they're doing well. Can't wait to get my Seacons!

13. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Submitted my order for one of each earlier today. And I paid the $3 for bubble wrap. It seems like a cheap shot, but with it comes a better sense of security in shipment. Overall, my order comes to $185.50 with FedEx shipping. Strangely, shipping FedEx ground was way cheaper than USPS.

I was considering purchasing a second Nightbeat. Then decided against it... I don't like the figure well enough for a second to play with. Really, I just wanted it for the comic included.

Can anybody help me out with their comic that comes with Nightbeat?

14. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was finally able to place my preorder. Can't wait to get the Seacons :) 

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Broke down and pre-ordered the Seacons after reading through this thread and a few others on the Club forums, as I definitely want that set. Already got a confirmation e-mail, so life is good in that regard.

I'm still really annoyed about the whole notion of charging when the pre-order is made, rather than when the items are ready to ship, though. BBTS, Amazon and any number of other online retailers don't seem to need to charge my credit card at all when I pre-order an item, until it's in stock and ready to go (TFSource is the only exception I can think of, and it's the reason I rarely shop with them), so why can't the Club Store do the same? It makes me a bit nervous having that kind of money out there and nothing to show for it yet, especially with the Club's various delays and other issues...but damned if I don't want to make sure I get the Seacons.

16. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is why I always use my credit card (rather than debit card) for pre-orders.

Should something go awry, they WILL go to bat for me and get the money back. (Not saying I think this is likely with the TCC, mind.)

Also, of course, I won't truly be paying for the toys until much later. My card just started a new billing cycle, in fact, for which I won't have to pay until mid-October. If all goes as planned, I should have the toys by then.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, credit card payments for extra security and peace-of-mind on pre-orders FTW.

That was my plan too; hold out until the beginning of the next billing cycle. But, if these are going as fast as it sounds and there's no way to check on quantities left (ie - the 'load 10000 in cart, see how many are valid' method useful on HTS and BBTS), can't risk it.

18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

They charge extra for bubblewrap?

What do they use for packaging normally?

19. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I'm glad to hear the sets are selling well.

I'm thinking about rejoining the club to buy Nightbeat, and then my membership should be active for 09 BotCon.

I love the idea of the Seacons set, and the box is the most beautiful thing ever. But I'll probably pass just because I'm so lukewarm to the color scheme.

20. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

It figures the figures I want are the ones that are f'ing selling. I could probably afford it, but it would make things really tight during September. Damn medical expesnes....