Seacons and Nightbeat Club Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UTK007, Sep 8, 2008.

1. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pete at the Official Transformers Club has informed the club members that as of today 62% of the Seacons sets have been sold and 46% of the Nightbeat figures have been sold.

2. RidgeRanger

RidgeRanger Banned

I really really want the Seacons...

3. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    Meh, I'm glad that I am not a member of the club. Both of these leave me underwhelmed.

4. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, it seems to be hit or miss... I personally love the new Seacons and cannot WAIT for mine... Nightbeat tho leaves me pretty cold, and there's no way I'd buy it... that's a terrible mold and I can't believe anyone thought repainting it again was a good idea. I can't even believe the sales of Nightbeat based just on die-hard character fans... he's a cool guy and all, and I'd love to own the original and a Classics update, but that's just one of the worst molds... it's bad for Energon, and Energon was already terrible.

5. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, I am the exact opposite. I like Nightbeat but its a pass for me on the Seacons.

6. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alright, but are you buying it solely because it's Nightbeat, but do you like that figure?

7. Wingspanky

Wingspanky Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:  I have all the pieces for GOD Neptune and need a friggin head! I hate the colors on this set. The God Neptune Colors are far better in my mind.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    And that, my friends, is what makes the world go round!

9. UTK007

UTK007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I haven't decided yet on if I am buying it or not. If I do, it will only be because its Nightbeat. I admit it, I hate the mold choice too.

10. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    If they have more original figures for the next go-around I might think about joining. But come on, they could have done better than a brick mold and ugly colored figures that are 20 years-old.

11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Actually, I think the fact that the Seacons are G1 (i.e., 20 years-old) is a MAJOR selling point for them.

And what do you mean by "original," anyway? It's not like lots of folks are doing Nightbeats or Seacons these days....

12. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    That is true but they HAVE been done before and the originals were arguably better. How about a Japanese character that America never saw, or a cartoon only character like their Alpha Trion from Botcon, or an original club character.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I don't see any of those as inherently better than what we're getting conceptually. And if anything, original club characters are considerably LESS popular than re-done known characters.

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

Neither one of them look great. Paying over 200 bucks for a block? I have energon hot shot, terrible mold.

Not a club member, wouldn't get any of the "club" toys, not even Astrotrain.

15. Ariel Paradron

Ariel Paradron Banned

I'm thinking about joining if I can still get an Airazor. I hope they make that Elita one from Botcon '07 too.

16. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    see i have g1 seacons want god neptune and would love this set next to the king and defensor the seacons are my faves but one thing has made me cringe its the wings on snaptrap i dont know that color there throws me not enought to hate the whole thing but still that one part seems off to me.

17. Ariel Paradron

Ariel Paradron Banned

If I were a member of the Club I might get the Seacons. I wish the Club would do another original female character like Flamewar. She and WalMart Fracture are my two favorite figures to date.

18. gunman_sr5

gunman_sr5 Energon Station Comander

News Credits:
    I would buy the club figures, but they are to overpriced. Less the Seacons all the molds have been overused.

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I agree wholeheartedly, however I picked up a Nightbeat anyway just to show the club some support. At least the car mode(even if a little too big) looks nice, and since that's how my Classics bots are displayed anyway he'll kinda fit in there, so all is well.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was fortunate enough to attend the Botcon class this year, so it will be good to get the "good Nightbeat". As for the beautiful Seacons, they will fit perfectly in my G2 collection. (I also like showing support for the Club). Besides, I think Club Transformers are the next best thing to Botcon Transformers. Glad these sets are selling well.