Seacon Mentality

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DecepticusPrime, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After recently picking up the bbts seacon set, a thought has occurred to me. Normally a combiner personality is derived from a melding of the 5 components. In this case there are six members. Could Piranacons overall personality be affected depending who is composing the limbs at any given time?

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    The idea is that Nautilator(the deafult targetmaster) is a moron, and thus, is exlcuded to be a gun for whenever they're combined. If Nautilator becomes a limb, then the whole thing goes to shit.

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
  4. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All that really said is he's not as effective ...are personality or mannerisms affected in theory?

5. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    "The Seacons' unique variation on standard "Scramble-city" style combination, whereby one member serves as a Targetmaster for Piranacon, means that whichever of the six Seacons takes on this role is actually excluded from the usual mental merging. It is for this very reason that, although any member other than Snap Trap can take turns, the team usually try to make sure that their resident screw-up Nautilator be the one most commonly relegated to the role of weapon. Nautilator's incompetence is so severe that his fellow Seacons strongly prefer to exclude him from the primary gestalt, having discovered that Piranacon's effectiveness is noticeably impaired whenever his mind is part of the mix." - TFWiki

The merging of a combiner is not just down to the physicality, It's also a mental merging. Predaking shows this in that his combined form is entirely capable and intelligent because his seperate components all share the same mindset and love for war. The Seacons, with the exception of Nautilator, all share the same love of the hunt, thus they're competent. But when Nautilator is combined with them, they're all thrown off because of his specific mannerisms.

6. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    in masterforce, snaptrap is the main body and the limbs are just drones so according to masterforce i'm assuming that snaptrap is the main consciousness behind prinacon.

7. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

With Piranacon, there are at least 2 proper configurations. If I remember correctly, 1 config is from the instructions that come with the figures individually, the other is with the Seacon giftset.

And what's with all the Nautilator hate? Is he shown as a Leroy Jenkins or something in the Marvel comic or something?

8. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes...I read that but I think you missed my point and the discussion. I attempted to create.

9. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's hillarious :lol 

10. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Yes. But far worse. :lol 

11. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nautillator is my favorite, but I can't get him to work for shit as a gun using the official transformation

12. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I like the idea that combiners would change if they combined differently. I used to pretend my Bruticus had a flight mode or a Battle mode depending on where the limbs where. Also RiD Landfill was really awesome about this because it literally could combine three fairly different ways.

For me, I've never really thought about the Seacons as I just consider mine to be King Poiseidon from Masterforce.

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always it was neat that in RID, Ruination could fly whenever he had Ro-Tor or whatever he was called as an arm.

14. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    To answer your question, I beleive it means "yes."

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    He's a complainer that never takes responsibility for his mistakes and blames everyone else. Fuck that guy. Snaptrap & Overbite 4 LYFE!