SDCC vs. BotCon

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Autobot X, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Does it seem like we get more Transformers news from SDCC than from BotCon? If so, why? Doesn't that seem odd? You'd think that the majority of our TF news from a Transformers convention.

If I'm wrong, then never mind. Carry on.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Usually, we get the first look at new Transformer stuff at Botcon, the same stuff later reappears at SDCC and that time pictures are allowed.

But, since Hasbro decided to hide alot of the products to prevent spoilers(although outside of Soundwave being Carly's Mercedes I can't figure out what it was they wanted to hide) and a lot of the Prime stuff probably wasn't ready for photos, that's why we're getting all this now at SDCC.

3. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The reason for why we get more info from SDCC is probably for the sake of IGN and because Hasbro loves to make us wait, hate and love.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The thing is, SDCC has become the world's premiere source for nerd announcements and entertainment/merchandise news. So unfortunately, it's in Hasbro's best interest to make a decent level of announcements at SDCC, where there is a much larger press presence than Botcon, in order to promote their products.