SDCC Ultimate Prime on HTS after convention?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Eject Ravage, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Eject Ravage

Eject Ravage Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They usually put all their exclusives on the site after the convention. Does anyone know if it's confirmed that you can only buy the exclusive Ultimate Optimus Prime from the show? All the listings on ebay say so but I'm hoping it's just to make more money off them? Thanks for any info.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

I've gotten more than a few SDCC exclusives from HTS. They'll be up, don't worry.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    don't worry, they will be on HTS after the show, those auctions are just people trying to trick people to buy their auctions

this should be the easiest SDCC exclusive to get, cause all of 5 people want it :lol  i am probably 5.5 of those people, cause i am considering it but not 100% getting it yet

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I don't know if I'll bother with anything other than a starscream skystriker if that goes up.

Matrix Optimus just seems to be the entertainment pack version a bit early.
    Just not feeling it. But its a perfect pickup for sdcc attendees to wear at the convention galvatron style.

And the Ultimate Optimus Prime is not something I want at full price, even with the extra G1 style sticker sheet. The trailer makes up the bulk of the toy. With Optimus Prime himself being about the same size as the voyager. Its lame that American toy companies think they can throw something together with lights, sounds and primitive articulation at that pricepoint. The transformation is really simple. So that does'nt save it. I wanted to like it. But its just as bad as devastator.

This is a step down from Nemesis Prime, Blaster, and Soundwave excitement.

5. Eject Ravage

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks for the quick responses. Yeah, I've noticed that most people are not excited about this release but I am completely sold. I'm not too impressed by the "butterfly" robot mode myself which is why I think this version would be great to have. He looks awesome in truck mode with his trailer and I could just dislpay him like that and not have to open it :) 

6. Eject Ravage

News Credits:
    I agree.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    It probably depends. Last year Sgt. Slaughter was supposedly available for all of 5-10 minutes. However, historically, the TF exclusives have been readily available on HTS after SDCC.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

some of them, STILL are :lol 

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah but the first couple of years that Hasbro put SDCC exclusives on HTS was a total nightmare. Alt Nemesis Prime was a total cluster fuck. It was easier to call in and place an order over the phone as the website was constantly crashing and burning. Even then what limited quantities they had disappeared within minutes. I ended up getting mine about 6 months later from Australia. For Alt Rodimus the website actually worked, but again the limited quantities HTS had disappeared within a few hours and that was with an order limit of 2.

Since then the problems have been primarily limited to waiting for items to be restocked (i.e. Soundwave, Blaster, etc). It took them a few years but Hasbro and HTS have finally figured it out... for the most part. Let's just hope the trend continues.

10. hotrod422

hotrod422 Well-Known Member

I have been back and forth about this figure. If I am to purchase it, it would be the SDCC version. Do like the packaging. It would be purchased for display purposes only.

Hoping that they come up with a trailer that can go with Buster OP from ROTF.

11. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

I think the cost, size and the availability of other options will make this one of the easier items to get on HTS after SDCC. The Slaughters last year sold out at the show, there were barely any left afterwards for HTS, and those sold out in a couple of minutes. They were also much cheaper. This Prime is going to be hard to schlepp around the convention so I don't think we'll hear of it selling out at SDCC.

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    At this point I know I'm getting the Prime exclusive for sure. The Ultimate Prime will be an impulse buy if anything.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I will be on the up all night crew again waiting for them to drop. As much as I am not sure I want the Joe Starscream, it shouldn't really hurt to pick it up and decide later. The packaging on Ultimate Prime seals the deal for me on the SDCC version. Always look for a few random items in each line to display MISB, and this badboy fits the bill. Plus I am getting the feeling that it is one of those figures that can only go downhill if I do open it (just doesn't look all that incredible), but will make a nice display piece.

14. Billabongi

Billabongi Well-Known Member

HTS = Hasbro Toy Shop?

When do they normally go up after SDCC? I desperately want the SDCC Ultimate Prime as I'm a MISB collector and love the trailer form.

15. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The morning after the convention. I think last year it was at about 9am PST, but the year before they went up at like 3:30am PST or something crazy like that. Really hoping for an early showing this time since I am usually going to bed about that time.

16. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the same class as Ultimate Bumblebee so it is going to be expensive ($80 I think). This will not sell out fast so expect it on HTS for a while. Basically the only exclusive parts of this toy is a G1 sticker sheet and an Alternator-style fishbowl. You can save money by buying the mass release version if you do not mind.