SDCC Soundwave English paper help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by arlante6393, Mar 17, 2010.

1. arlante6393

arlante6393 New Member

I'm writing a paper on an item important to me, and it's the SDCC Soundwave.
    I need someone to interview about the toy, and where else to look than on the TFW board. Can someone answer the following questions?

How are you related to this object?

What does it mean to you?

Why did you buy it?

What is your favorite thing about it?

Thank you so much for your time and it is greatly appreciated that you could help me with this.

2. MisfitRobot

MisfitRobot Robot Fighter

News Credits:
    okay, I'll help you out.

"I bought one to give to my girlfriend, she is a big Soundwave fan and only collect Soundwave toys. when she heard it would be the San Diego, con exclusive she went crazy. She made me promise to make sure she got one."

"for me it was something special I could do for my girlfriend."

Why did you buy it?

"well the reason I had to buy it and she couldn't is she has a Bad knee, and to get the Toy required standing in four different lines for five hours something she can't do. So I had to get it for her. "

"This is the easiest question, its her new favor transformer toy and she smiles every time she see it."

hope this helps.

3. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

I assume you want a few of these little mini-interviews?

it's a reissue of one of my favorite childhood toys. I'm an old Gewunner in the process of being rehabilitated (i'm now an Tee-eff-ayer, like all TrueFans ;) )

see above. these G1 reissues are basically letting me vicariously relive my childhood - just messing about with his cassettes makes me feel like a kid again - christ, when was the last time anybody even used a cassette? we're pretty much the last generation that will actually remember cassettes, and that makes soundwave seem even more appealing to me for some reason. Probably because he is an iconic snapshot of the 80s in so many ways.

nostalgia. and because my G1 version is suffering a little from the Ravages of time. (see what i did there?) besides how often are Hasbro going to re release 25 year old toys for nerds like me? it was an easy decision to make.

nostalgia again. plus he's got more play value than the vast majority of the toys released today - fiddling about with his cassettes, opening and closing his tape deck without fear of the spring failing once and for all, etc. too many recent toys just get stood on a shelf and left to it which puts them firmly in the realm of collecting little china teddies in baskets or something - Soundwave is a proper toy.

4. SpyChangers

SpyChangers Well-Known Member

Soundwave - one of my favourite character in G1 cartoon series.
    i love the script, his transformation with all his cassette.
    and his unique voice!

sentimental value. having it reissue version is enough for me to feel very happy!

Why did you buy it?
    -its soundwave - my favourite
    -i have all reissue soundwave.. so dont want to miss this one!
    -above all that.. this SDCC version comes with 4 cassette!

-his transformation
    -his cassette's

hope that help. goodluck

5. arlante6393

arlante6393 New Member

Thank you all for the information, and your time is greatly appreciated once again.