SDCC said flareup is the name of the 3rd cycle but no toy planned...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nemesis_Dirge, Jul 26, 2009.

1. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wheelie selling poorly? I can't find that little bugger anywhere along with chromia! but we do have about 20 million sideways and sideswipes.
    To get back on topic If Flareup is just a recolor/slight retool with no official combination that may mean we won't have a specific part to make sense of the final combo mode. I haven't seen arcee yet but I figured that chromia could be one arm and possibly leg of the final bot (the stand could double as a foot) If arcee is the center part she must have the gestalts head) if flareup is a repaint of chromia then she would be the other arm/leg. So Potentially we would probably missing some piece of the puzzle...I hope someone can fill that

2. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was at the comic con panel. They said two things outside of the name.
    A.they don't have plans for her right now but they want to. There's still a year left guys.
    B.When asked about comining instructions they said that it probably won't be on flare ups instructions and would have to be released in some other way. I'm guessing that means online of maybe in a special 3 pack

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I kinda hope the combination thing has been left out. That way I can totally avoid buying three asstastic toys just in the hope the combined mode is alright.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
  5. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was really wanting a 3rd bike. but, ill just repaint the HA Skids Arcee bike purple just in case

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    They will probably wait until somebody buys the tons of Chromia on the shelves before making Flareup. The new female robot design is not a success. The TF1 Arcee toys (deluxe and scout) was almost as popular as Bumblebee. Most toy buyers probably prefer female robots with nice butts and legs.

7. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure "Moonracer" was a much better name than Chromia

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I dunno about you, but Movie 1 Arcee Pegwarmed pretty bad in my area.

9. novabeam10

novabeam10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    likewise...I actually bought chromia because it was a unique design....tat and she has a friggin big gun....ya'see female + robot + unique design + big gun = cool for me

10. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:

Did they happen to mention anything solid about the remaining Constructicons?

Apart from Overload not being in the supreme set as he wasn't really a visible part of the body, did they mention, allude, imply or hint at anything regarding deluxe or voyager toys for Scrapper, Overload or Hightower?

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think it'll be different everywhere, but here I can trip over at least ten Chromias and ten Wheelies at my nearby Target.

I hope they put together a new bike. I guess if they have to redo Chromia, alright...but I'd like a badass new toy like the concept art ^_^.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can see that happening, actually. The main body is more or less the same - the difference is that the arm, instead of being the back of the bike, is now the wheel that ends up behind the head.

Now, if that were done, you'd need something else to fill in for the gas tank section - it'd probably make the backpack with those guns. And you know what else could go in there? A combined mode head.

13. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Ehhhh I can't see FlareUp being a retool or redeco. One, her weapon arm is closer to Arcee, her torso to Arcee, her "feet" to Chromia, and that's it. Two, her other hand matches neither sister, sooo.... yeah, I can only see an original mold being used. Sides, if they planned a combiner to begin with, I'm sure they have a prototype for it....

And Chromia seems to pop up at Wal Mart here and that's it. Actually, I think Target is the only one getting new Deluxes here (hopefully Arcee on Wednesday!).

14. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

If they've really dropped the combined mode, then I'm really disappointed. I was looking forward to this so much. I want my all-female combiner, dangit!

15. nemetoad

nemetoad Well-Known Member

Well, when Arcee is in my hands I'm going to test out combining her and Chromia. I have a feeling their weapons at least hook onto Chromia's gun, what with the tabs on it.

16. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a feeling chromia and her remolded flareup sister are the upper torso and arcee forms the lower body.

"im assuming this since if you look arcee's left arm splits at the cockpit, her wheel is on the left side, implying that you turn her to her left for combining mode.

Also chromia has one gigantic left arm and a tiny right arm. So assuming flareup has a gigantic right arm and a tiny left arm then it would make sence for them to combine that way.

also if you havent noticed, chromia's headlight fixture kinda looks like BB's armored head, so its possible that it may be the head."

17. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Heck, maybe just buy two Chromias and Paint one Purple.

That might just be what I do with Scrapper, buy a Dirt boss, paint him yellow and call 'im Scrapper if no toy is released.

18. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    I could care less, unless it's the coolest out of the three, I'm not getting any of them.

19. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no toy of her.that sucks big time man.

20. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    didnt they say they could combine?