SDCC Revolution Box Set Unveiled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Brawlastator, Jul 10, 2017.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    One of the people upset over Trakker apparently thought comparing themselves to TRUKK NOT MUNKEY was a good idea.

2. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

I don't get how having a minimum amount of MINORITIES is not accurate. I don't know if its different where you guys live but diversity didn't really exist in a lot of places some people never saw anyone that was not the same race as them, hence why people were called minorities. these shows were mostly white because that's what the world looked like at the time.

now what you have is people changing race at the drop of a hat forgetting that race is a character all by itself! Rather than leave the original characters alone and add more characters of race in or doing something with the original ones they are just changing it.

when something does not make sense a good writer explains why it doesn't make sense see tv tropes reimagining the artefact as an example.

for mask its simple have matt tracker be the original leader of mask who quit to protect scott and tbob. this guy can be someone who takes up the mantle now that venom has resurfaced and causing havoc every so often the experienced mask agents can come in or be recruited back into the field hell you could even use the meteorite that heals people to deage everyone

3. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Do... do you think black people just spontaneously appeared after the 80s?

As has been said before, this is a reboot, with a new origin for MASK and a new, younger cast.

Honestly, there's a really easy solution to this not-problem that I'm surpirised no one has suggested yet. In fact, it's so obvious it really makes this seem like more of a race thing than a "don't change things" thing.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    That could make for a really entertaining sci-fi story, actually. Kind of the opposite of The Leftovers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

TBH, for a company who's making their Marvel figures with alternate heads in the same packaging, I'm surprised that Hasbro did not go the most obvious route of providing Trakker with an alternate "classic" head for swapping. If only for the sake of added play value.

But they also went with Jetfire instead of Thundrecracker and this ROM figure also looks like recycling older molds for limbs (you can see regular hands plus his legs have fabric and paneling visible where the classic comic book ROM design was mostly undetailed metallic "tights" with no wrinkles and his hands were fingerless "mittens"), so... *shrugs*

Can anyone identify from which Joe mold his limbs are coming? The head and the torso look like a new piece, but the limbs really look like they're reused.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  6. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They already made a Matt Trakker with a "classic" head a few years back as part of the GI Joe line. He's out there and not expensive on eBay if anyone wants him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. maltesefalcon

actually It did kinda seem that way where im from, I didn't see a single black person in real life till I was 15 sure there were people from india in corner shops but actual black people? only on tv. im not saying they didn't exist but there appears to have been a mass migration of races in the past 17 years.

and I hate how this sounds but race does matter it would be lovely if white people looked at minority people as essentially white people with a tan but that's not the world we live in. we are all human but some of us look and have history that others do not have. I myself see it as the difference between a german shepard and a Labrador both dogs both fairly similar but different and that's what we should be embracing not ignoring the other cultures but celebrating them being happy that you are black, white etc and being happy that others are white, black etc

8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    Why do black people have to be "white people with a tan"? Why can't they just be black people?

• Like Like x 3
  9. maltesefalcon

that is the way people are acting though essentially saying the colour of skin doesnt matter if a white person gets a tan he is a similar colour if you didn't know he was white would you be able to tell? of course you would and that is my whole point people on this thread have been saying the race of a character is not part of their character and im saying it is because that's one of the ways due to multiple art styles you can tell who thee person is.

I know it may seem that I'm taking this too seriously and rereading through my posts I do admit I'm a little stubborn about the issue, but comic book guy on the simpsons could have been modelled after me. admittedly I don't go to as great lengths but the similarities are there. I've complained about superman losing his pants, the ancient one being made into a white woman, barry allen having brown hair, Jessica jones not having a history as jewel, heck I got into a debate about captain Americas head wings when the avengers came out.

its mainly because being a lonely guy growing up I didn't have much friends I learned most everything I know from reading books comics or otherwise. I watched these shows and when the characters on screen were hurt I was a shocked as you would be seeing one of your friends hurt. I know im passionate and sometims I argue something into the ground but to me this isn't changing race for diversity its changing a recognisable character into someone else

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed that. Thanks for taking the reply as I was still picking my jaw up off the floor.

Set it in the 1800's and you'd have an Amistad reboot.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    I already have too many Revolutions-based reboot ideas set in the 1800s

12. Prime_816

Prime_816 Well-Known Member

Dude, you only have to go back to Bay's first 'Formers to find a slew of people throwing a tantrum over Optimus not being a cabover, or the fact that he had flames. I don't remember the complaints meeting a lot of resistance either. Of course people did adjust, with time. We go through this crap all the time, but suddenly it's paint on a plastic human figure instead of a transforming robot and any dissenters are labeled as racists.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I like Leoric from Visionaries and that Jetfire is missing the cartoon face so I prefer to get the version of Jetfire with the cartoon face...

14. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...the cartoon face is underneath the comic face. This figure has been out for four years, the comic face is a mask

• Like Like x 1
  15. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It's just a battle mask in the comic too.

16. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh ok. Sounds good. I can get the figure from the set or the Takara one in that case...

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the clarification...

18. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is a pic of the unmasked face from the 2013 hasbro release of the mold

Attached Files: