SDCC Nemesis and Shadow Commander - what's a good price?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by jtscribe, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Captured Prey has the kit for 120, what's a good price range for Nemesis? The EBay prices are all over the place in the completed listings.

Also - aesthetically, do you see this Nemesis as a good mix in an Alternator/MP collection? My Alt Nemesis is kind of a disappointment. Just not liking the legs or the arms.

2. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen them get sold together for $175-ish. There was some being sold in the Junkion exchange a little while back.

3. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Sealed nemseis prime $65-75
    Loose Nemesis prime $50-$60

4. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Any thoughts on the aesthetics?

5. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

JT, I pulled the trigger on the Tokyo Anime Expo Black Convoy after much deliberation between that and getting the sdcc nemesis prime. What sold it for me was the vibrant colors. the matt teals and greys versus the clear red and glossy blacks make this in my opinion the better of the two, hell if you want to throw it in there, the best out of the three (including the wonderfest veersion). I personally think that in the variations of the teals/blues between the three, the Black Convoy from the Anime expo is spot on.

Understanding that every person is different in terms of taste and disposable income, I can only say good things about the Black Convoy that Captured Prey is selling.

Finally, on the point of the shadow commander armor; I had also bought from Captured Prey the City Commander armor, and in terms of the plastic quality its top notch, everything comes apart and combines with the base figure beautifully. Aside from the sword and head sculpt differential between the two I would say you can't go wrong with the shadow commander set. I can only say good things about FansProjects City Commander set.