SDCC Hasbro Panel Details

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Odd, we only got an entire freakin movie. *shrug*

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Opinion does not equal fact.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fricking awesome. Put me down for one of everything. I now await the months of bashing and hating that is soon to come

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Ah, My wallet will be thanking later this year. The toys look good, but they definitely are going more towards today's kids than ever before.

I love their 'explanations' for why collector's series fail...'We know the reasons, but we're not gonna ever do shit to correct'.

+ Hasbro: A number of things factor into finding things in stores including:
    -- "Mostly collector market is lower stock."-- Not shit Sherlocks.

-- "Things shipped in case packs with many figures causes a backlog due to some figures that are not as popular. In short - the least popular figures being packaged with the highly sought figures keep retailers from order new sets because of over-stock of less popular ones"-- This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. I know its true, but why do Hasbro insist on putting figures in cases that they KNOW aren't going to sell. I swear fucking monkeys run Hasbro distribution/marketing department.

-- "Some regions have more collectors than others so the sales are uneven." --Again No shit sherlocks...listening to Hasbro is worse than listening to politicans.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Not diggin' the animated stuff at all. Too..bulbous..or something; I just can't get into that aesthetic. Looks like a movie repaint here or there until Classics/Universe. S'alight. Plenty of SW, GIJoe and MLs to buy; not like Hasbro isn't getting any of my money.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Only in your, wildly off base, opinion. Sorry to break it to ya.

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    But the Classics line is a revamp of G1 based upon the design styles and engineering established in the Cybertron toyline - most of the Earth-based Cybertron toys can be used in the Classics line comfortably. How is that a breath of fresh air? It's merely a refinement of what has come before.

The cartoon style of yesteryear (animation or storytelling style) likely doesn't appeal to the target audience of today, and its not bloody likely that they'll make a cartoon dedicated to older fans.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    looks like we have a canidate for best spider transfomer ever

10. ckbuddha

ckbuddha Well-Known Member

The mockup of the animated Voyager Prime in robot mode looks AWESOME. Nice to see some old faces get a new look too.

Maybe this has been said before but the animated characters look like they have been drawn by the group who did Batman back in the 90s. The figures look pretty decent, but even though SS's head looks a bit strange (if Leno was a TF, that would be the head he would have), the figure as a whole looks really nice I think.

11. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Must

Have

Classics

Need

Classics

NOW!!!!!!

The animated toys - just not working for me. I've never been a fan of Japanese/American crossover animation and that's what this looks like. I took exception with the Star Wars series (cuz, c'mon, it's Star Wars) but I don't go beyond that. The toys are just too misproportioned and bulky. It'll be interesting to see the show and how the toys actually work - maybe I'll become a converted fan.

I will say that the dinobots are somewhat appealing. Although they look like Beast Wars knock-offs and that's a toyline I never liked. Hopefully their resurrection will spark some sort of reissue of G1 related toys (besides Grimlock).

They mentioned weapons transforming. I wonder if that's a Megatron/Shockwave type of thing (hard to imagine with the laws about toy guns) or some sort of Targetmaster inspiration?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I'm not feeling the animated stuff at all, even less than I thought I would... Oh well, I'm not the target audience.

On the other hand, that Sunstreaker and Sideswipe design drawing looks amazing!

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    *edit*

k now i see the clip

freakin awesome

<3!!

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I love these! The toys look so accurate and so nice, BB is awesome! Prime and Megs look real slick and deffinatly good.

SS is really cool and Black arachnia is actualy really neat! I do like Soundwave's guitar, he will be mine for sure. And Dinobots FTW!!!

There's not a single Proto I've seen there that I don't like, this animated series is going to be one of the greatest series ever next to the movie. Even if the show sucks, (which I'm sure it won't) the toys will rock!

Sunstreaker and Sideswipe look fantastic! Aswell as Octane!

16. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

The animated toys are PURE. HUGGING. AWESOME. I can't get over how much pure love voyager Prime is.

17. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

really? really?

Well at least classics looks good.

the animated toys look like the playskool go bots series

18. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird, I can't find the animated clip either. Must be a bad link.

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    movie clip is up.

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Everything looks great. Something for everyone. Sweet new Classics for the old-schoolers, more complex movie-style toys for the folks who like realism, and AWESOME animated toys for kids (remember them? the primary audience?) and those of us who like things cartoony.

I fall into all those categories, so I guess I'm in trouble. While looking at those pics, my wallet panicked and made a break for it.... but ah done catched it an' it ain't goin' nowhere. :) 

And more Robot Heroes, woooohooooooo!!!!

I know not everyone is pleased with everything here, but you have to admit.... stylistically, this is the most diverse Transformers lineup Hasbro has ever had at one time!