SDCC - Hasbro Booth - Rage - Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by GAUGE, Jul 13, 2012.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    All forum rules apply let's try our hardest to keep it civil.

So, I got folks trying to pick up Bruticus for me at SDCC as I'm sure some of you do as well. The tickets keep getting sold out just 20 mins in. but that's not all. when they do manage to get tickets, the blasted thing is long gone. and it's only 20-30 mins. into the line opening up.

the bullshit aspect is because they aren't stamping the frickin tickets just means greedy scalpers can get up to 2 per day since they are limited as such. so when all said and done, they can get 10 Bruticus's and walk away. and if they have a team of punks helping them to feed their greed. In this case I'll use like 8-10 people on a team as an example. they can get anywhere up to 80-100. that's just messed up.

It really is.

Anybody else having this sort of issue with SDCC this year.

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'm having an issue with paying forty bucks lower than that with free shipping for an awesome repaint on Amazon. I feel like I'm stealing.

3. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Even if I didn't prefer the G2 over the SDCC, the SDCC is so over-priced even before scalping that it's not worth the trouble. But luckily I do prefer the G2 because yellow Onslaught is awesome (I really hoped to get Universe Onslaught in those colors, but this is acceptable) and that box is so amazing I wanted to cry. I also like retail Onslaught's colors more than the SDCC (not sure about the other Combaticons because I keep forgetting which colors are which)

4. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I just heard from my cousin, he got into the center 10 minutes early today and went straight to the Hasbro booth and they were already sold out for the day. I only kinda want the SDCC deco, I think the retail one is fine, and I have the Amazon one on pre-order. But it still sucks that regular attendees are missing out because the dealers are taking advantage of the situation.

5. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    whoever moved the thread. thanks. I wasn't sure where i was actually supposed to post it originally. ;) 

6. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Yeah it really makes no sense why they aren't stamping the tickets this year because they've done it every other year before that.

7. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Because they don't care all that much who gets them. They're not as bad as Matty, I feel like they do listen to and care about the collectors a little bit, whereas Matty doesn't care at all.

8. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The semantics about Tickets is hilarious.

You know that having someone middleman at SDCC is a deathtrap, just be happy that these people are willing to try in the first place.

9. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

welcome to my world.. To get my stuff yesterday. I was outside the convention center at 330 in the morning when they let us in I went straight to the Hasbro ticket line...

10. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that the scalpers and exhibitors really ruin things. It sucks to walk the floor and see a lot of dealers scalping bruticus and other hasbro exclusives. It happens every year. Exhibitors are able to get the stuff by sending in their ppl who are already on the floor and can get to the booth before the regular attendees. Its odd that Hasbro didnt stamp tickets, i didnt notice that, they always have in the past.

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Wow this makes getting the Botcon exclusives sound like a walk in the park!

12. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know what you guys are talking about... the badges were stamped this year. BTW On Friday, Hasbro didn't get a shipment of a bunch of toys that morning. Bruticus came in later that afternoon. I'm not defending them, but people definitely didn't have 80-100... maybe 30-40 lol.

13. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Actually they were sporadic in stamping. I got a four day pass which was truly stupid of me as they stamped it the first time on Thursday and I got the limits for the rest of the convention on that day. Since I use the same badge for all my days of attending Hasbro knew I reached the limit.

It is unlike the situation with single badges, where you could have multiple attempts beyond the limit. The guy i went with got three times the limit because he had three different day badges and even then they were sporadic on marking. On times when no tickets were needed to go in, he would go back into the line again.

The problem is because Hasbro cannot reference whom bought what on a prior day let alone if you bought anything that day if you have no stamp nor marks you can come back again and again. Many dealers did that and the ones who were spotted were kicked out, but they sent their worker bees out in order to flush out more product. I had a dealer in front of me get kicked out along with his wife and the guy I went to con with had a dealer get kicked out who was a couple persons down from him.

When I asked Hasbro about this anomaly where people with a 4 day badge need to follow the rules, but somehow multiple single day badge holders do not, they said it was comic con's problem, not theirs. Mind you everyone is suppose to be accountable to the same limits but the only way Hasbro knows if a single day badge holder had been there before is if they recognize you or they stamped you prior, which was sometimes hit or miss in them doing that.

The first day I was there they had the stamp out where you picked up the tickets, but on subsequent days they moved it to the purchasing area on the salesfloor, where consistency in its use was not always there