SDCC FOC Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by opt1musaber, May 23, 2012.

1. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    How limited is this item? 100 pieces? 1000 pieces?

I couldn't find the thread for this btw it's buried somewhere, so I just started another.

2. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    Definitely not that limited I would guess in the 4/5K range

3. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    oh, damn it's pricey then....buying it off ebay atm it's about 250USD inc shipping.

4. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, it's also not even released yet. I'm positive it'll go down after it's out.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I...wouldn't depend on that as an accurate gauge of its secondary market price after its release.

I don't know production runs but SDCC exclusives, in terms of volume, are not produced in limited numbers. Hasbro regularly sells a crapload at the convention and then typically has a few leftover to sell the following week at HTS.

6. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    So is everyone saying that the game accurate version will be readily available even after the convention?? I hope so.

7. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know about readily available. Some of the convention exclusives sell out on HasbroToyShop.com really quickly, and others sit around for a long time. However if you are willing to keep an eye on the page the day after the convention, you will have a good shot of getting the figure without paying a huge markup.

8. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is limited to 316 pieces

9. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    I have a gd feeling this won't sit around for long. I have seen some other pics of it posed correctly and it lks quite impressive.

10. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Where u get this from?

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If you can find it online for $250, then that's probably a stolen figure and not the complete package, since the true release also comes in one hell of a swanky display box.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

It's very likely. Convention-exclusive releases like this, past SDCC exclusives, and the NYCC exclusives have hung around for a while on HasbroToyShop, depending on demand. SDCC Bruticus may sell quickly, but you have decent odds of getting one as long as you stay on the ball. Personally, I believe the maximum it'll cost, either at-show or on HTS, is $100. I could easily be wrong, but I think paying $250 for one is a little insane, especially since it's not even released yet.

You'll likely see a review or two before SDCC ends, so that'll also help you decide if you want to invest in it once it pops up on HTS. Or, hell, see if you can make arrangements with a fellow boardie. :D 

Don't be that guy.

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Given that Ultimate Optimus Prime sold out fairly quickly from HTS... I'd imagine this is going to sell out at least as quickly. Under a day, for sure.

Depending on pricing, naturally, but this is the better color scheme, out three/four months early, and a box set.

Man, the SDCC pieces are good this year. Well, less "good" and more "things Hasbro should've released but won't because... I don't know why"

14. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the convention, I'm guessing he'll be between $40-60.

All those auction you see online are all pre-sale/preorders... If you read the info they write, they say that the items won't be shipped till after SDCC. So I doubt that any of those were stolen. The seller has to make sure he picks one up over there.

15. Soundwinder

... that's adorable.

16. Boy Blunder

True, but I believe the SDCC 'Prime' Optimus hung around for quite a while, and I know the NYCC 'Prime' Bee/Arcee pack did. Also, as awesome as FOC Bruticus is to us, it's definitely a 'niche' product that will appeal to a particular client base, but will have less overall mass appeal. At least, that's how I see it.

17. Soundwinder

I think Matrix Prime might still be there. But that said, I really have to disagree about Bruticus having less mass appeal. Maybe at retail, but this is marketed directly to the collectors. It doesn't need complete mass market appeal, but it's got every element that collectors, AKA those that will be at the Con and the ones buying from HTS want. Matrix Prime was more niche, just a figure in fancy packaging. Moreover, most fans either wanted to wait for Voyager Prime, who was just better, or the Entertainment Pack, which came with an excellent Megatron. In other words, Prime was limited by the fact that better alternatives were down the street. Bruticus, on the other hand, is better than the future alternatives.

18. Boy Blunder

I'm actually comparing it to Ultimate Optimus, which was a movie figure and therefore could have been more desirable to a wider audience. (NOTE: Pure speculation based on my own opinions)

19. Soundwinder

I just don't think "wider audience" is an issue, since only collectors (and scalpers) had the opportunity to buy Ultimate Optimus. And to those people, Bruticus seems like it would be much more appealing.

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    will they restock him some time after the first release on HTS?