SDCC Exclusives on HTS question.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    I really do apologize if this is posted somewhere, or if I'm making a pointless topic, but I had a quick question in regards to the HTS exclusives that come out once Comic-Con ends.

Do they usually end up being released on a Monday? And if so then around which time to they pop up at?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to prepare myself to try and at least get one of the exclusives on my wish list.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    This has been asked a lot. Basically it's "some time on Monday or Tuesday after the Con."

3. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've heard monday but the time IDK.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Best advice is to just not sleep Sunday night and have some Preparation H ready because ordering these off of HTS is going to be a pain in the ass.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a random time Monday or Tuesday. When the HTS server goes down, you'll know the exclusives went up.

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Last year I remember HTS giving a specific day (because it wasn't Monday) but not a specific time and the exclusive went up at either 8 or 9 am PST.

I remember at around 11 am EST or so on, I want to say Tuesday, ordering my figures last year.

7. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    So do they typically post something on Sunday to give a heads up on when the items will be up?

I've only been collecting for a few years, so I'm not 100% educated on their processes.

P.S. Thanks for the answers so far, very appreciated.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's terrible advice. These go live during EST business hours. Be awake by 7:00 AM Eastern every day after SDCC concludes, and online of course, and you should be fine. I buy at least one SDCC toy from HTS every year and I never miss out.

9. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hope they make it to HTS. I have a buddy going to SDCC but still be awesome for those that didn't have hook ups.

10. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    also, if i were in your shoes i'd be mentally prepared for the worst. don't exactly have low expectations but don't make them high either. that's what i'd do, at least.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I managed to have a friend going to the con, and she's getting me a Cliffjumper. I'm set. No need to hover over HTS this year.

12. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I placed my order at 2pm central on July 26 last year, which was a Tuesday. I remember the site being a major pain to get through and I actually placed 2 seperate orders.

13. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Echoing what people said. It's usually released in the morning of Monday or Tuesday after SDCC concludes. I also notice that Hasbro also takes in consideration to people in the west coast so they don't get left out while sleeping.

One thing that people seem to forget about last years mess was the fact that shortly before SDCC 2012, Groupon was offering HTS gift cards at a deeply discounted rate multiple times. People from websites like Fat Wallet and Slick Deals was posting like mad on what to buy with them and how to flip them for a profit. Notice all the flooding of SDCC exclusives after HTS had them up for sale? Even more than the con itself.

14. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Which reminds me I still have left over groupon that I bought with referral bucks to use.

15. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    First the exclusive has to not get sold out at SDCC, which hasn't been an issue for as long as i have been seriously collecting. The only Hasbro toy i can see selling out at the con is the MLP: FIM Derpy Hooves.

second you may have to be damn fast to get the one you want. SDCC G1 Soundwave sold out epically fast, Blaster not so much same for classics Nemesis prime. I am not sure for last years , that said i would expect the star scream sky striker was the hard to get exclusive toy for last year given its appeal to both Transformer and GI Joe Collectors.

The usual method seems to be get your arse over to HTS on monday morning after SDCC and camp the website and keep refreshing.

if you need to set up an account do it now, time is of the essence once the stuff goes on sale and by the time your all signed up it might be too late.

16. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least you guys have that option

17. beeswipe9

beeswipe9 Well-Known Member

Do they restock a sold out item?

18. buzzsaw84

buzzsaw84 Well-Known Member

Sometimes HTS restock. Last year there were some stuff that sold out but was later back in stock and quickly sold out again.

19. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I was being facetious, so yes, don't take my previously posted advice as serious.

You only need to buy one squeeze-tube of Preparation H. Should last you until next year.

I would like to note though that 7am EST is 4 in the morning here in the West Coast. Which is currently 37 minutes from now. Might as well not sleep if said SDCC exclusives were going live on HTS then, right? A couple friends, a couple beers, you'll be up 'til 4am easy.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    All us (w/b)est coasters need is: booze and tv, also organic, sustainable, 100% grass fed steaks, and whatever other stereotypes Cali, Oregon, and Washington get slapped with. Legit though, for 7am EDT, that just means stay up til 4am PDT to us.